Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6038 6039 [6040] 6041 6042 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14458649 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #90585 on: November 22, 2015, 11:10:00 pm »

From what I understand, hitting your head at a young age is unlikely to cause permanent brain damage.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90586 on: November 22, 2015, 11:11:19 pm »

I don't remember my first memory.
Yes.  I did just say that.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #90587 on: November 22, 2015, 11:21:08 pm »

Winnie the Pooh's Home Run Derby
"It's a beautiful day outside
Birds are singing
Flowers are blooming
On days like these
A silly Pooh bear like you
S H O U L D  B E  D O I N G  H O M E R U N S"
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #90588 on: November 23, 2015, 12:00:59 am »

WTF is earliest memory a thing in WTF thread? I see the causality, it is just weird.
My earliest memory:
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #90589 on: November 23, 2015, 01:35:42 am »

My earliest memory is something about crawling around and knocking over a box.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #90590 on: November 23, 2015, 01:38:27 am »

apparently i'm too goddamn stupid to have a sequence of encryption to get to a password that i can actually remember

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #90591 on: November 23, 2015, 01:46:45 am »

Even that isn't photographic memory. Photographic memory relies on being able to remember things that you didn't notice in the first place, but that you saw in your peripheral or whatever. That does not happen.

I have never heard that to be definition before. It's very much seems like a definition that's set up to fail.
Love, scriver~

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90592 on: November 23, 2015, 02:07:39 am »

This isn't even remotely close to eidetic memory, but I once realized in high school that I hadn't written down a homework assignment, and I couldn't remember what it was, but I attempted to play back a video-memory of when the teacher assigned it to find out what it was. I succeeded, in that it appeared to work and I heard her say what the assignment was, and when I turned it in, it was the correct assignment. I've never repeated it, though (my memory has gotten worse since then, and I haven't had the same situation come up, or maybe I just didn't want to test it again and have it not work the second time :V).

Of course, the visual parts may not have been particularly accurate, for all I know, since the only part that was important was the auditory component. Thinking about it, that seems likely to be the case just based on what things I'm better at remembering (speech, music, passwords, written stuff I can hear, etc). For comparison, I'll look at a scene and completely miss stuff in it, and when you ask me about things in it that I didn't notice, I won't be able to remember them, even if I try to picture it.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #90593 on: November 23, 2015, 04:01:03 am »

Baby nails are SHARP.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #90594 on: November 23, 2015, 04:49:13 am »

lol why do people insist on calling rogue legacy a roguelike

it has basically nothing a roguelike does

it's a bullet hell platformer with the minorest of roguelike elements (I.E randomly generated world)

permadeath? fuck no, you keep everything of any consequence when you die, the game has less consequence for death than diablo

death as the primary method of progress is the literal opposite of permadeath and they're trying to pass it off as permadeath

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #90595 on: November 23, 2015, 07:23:17 am »

You're probably getting it mixed up with roguelite, Putnam.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #90596 on: November 23, 2015, 07:25:34 am »

the devs are pretty insistent on the term "roguelike"

and it doesn't have, like, any roguelike elements, it's less a roguelike than Minecraft, the only reason anyone ever thought it was is because they're so damn insistent on calling it that

i'm not one of those roguelike pedants, either, i'll gladly call binding of isaac or FTL roguelikes because they have everything a roguelike ought to have, unless for some ungodly reason you consider "turn-based ASCII tiled world" to be necessary

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #90597 on: November 23, 2015, 07:35:39 am »

So, I'm looking at this guys Youtube channel called AntsCanada, and apparently, his hobby is to have this frankly enormous colony of goddamn fire ants in his house sealed in a miniature ecosystem of sorts, I'm pretty sure he has multiple scientific names for ants memorised, I mean, you wanna do shit like that, whatever, I don't do anything more productive than that in my spare time, but I find it kinda funny seeing different people with such insane hobbies, like Coop772, his hobby is custom making Nerf guns and participating in nerf wars.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #90598 on: November 23, 2015, 07:52:02 am »

Crazy hobbyists always have entertaining youtube channels. Like the crazy german guy from the slingshot channel, or hickok45, whose hobby consists entirely of shooting and commenting on various guns while cracking legitimally funny jokes and being the best old person currently alive in the USA. There's periodictablevideos, which consists entirely of chemists of the University of Nottingham (actualy sponsored by it, so it may not count as hobby channel) talking about individual chemical elements, and lutheransatire, which consists mostly of videos of two cartoon medieval peasants arguing about religion with St. Patrick and generally making fun of religion related things in a tasteful, not insane anti theist way.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #90599 on: November 23, 2015, 07:55:01 am »

So, I'm looking at this guys Youtube channel called AntsCanada, and apparently, his hobby is to have this frankly enormous colony of goddamn fire ants in his house sealed in a miniature ecosystem of sorts, I'm pretty sure he has multiple scientific names for ants memorised, I mean, you wanna do shit like that, whatever, I don't do anything more productive than that in my spare time, but I find it kinda funny seeing different people with such insane hobbies, like Coop772, his hobby is custom making Nerf guns and participating in nerf wars.
Holy crap subscribed
Not the nerf thing, that's cool too though.  Actually my brother might dig that!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 6038 6039 [6040] 6041 6042 ... 11040