Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6008 6009 [6010] 6011 6012 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14440385 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #90135 on: November 16, 2015, 03:04:56 pm »

Goddamn it. While my operating system still works, something borked with the graphics card, or DirectX, or something. Already tested with a few games both new and old. Updating DirectX via a standalone updater did not fix this problem. Seems to be largely an issue switching to fullscreen.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #90136 on: November 16, 2015, 03:05:46 pm »

Windowed Fullscreen or normal Fullscreen?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #90137 on: November 16, 2015, 03:15:15 pm »

Wait, American high schools don't have breaks? O_o
Theres lunch.

How do they live? Our schools have two half-hour breaks - which you have to eat your lunch in, there's no lunch break, but still.

* Arx adds another item to the list of reasons not to live in America.
My high school/middle school had a ~1 hour break for lunch (minus passing periods cut it down to around 50 minutes). So the same amount of time, just glued together into one big break instead of two smaller ones. (Of course I was taking so many classes with AP and whatnot that half of the time I was taking another class during the lunch break instead of having free time anyways :P).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90138 on: November 16, 2015, 03:17:55 pm »

My school is...Different, from most American public schools, but we do have free periods when there aren't classes on our schedule that we basically can do whatever with.
It maths out to 80 minutes or more per day out of a day that's 8:30AM-2:45PM.  Not including any band practices.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 03:22:01 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90139 on: November 16, 2015, 03:26:49 pm »

We have one period (about 45 minutes) as a lunch break. That's about 1/8th of the day, or a little bit less.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90140 on: November 16, 2015, 03:44:50 pm »

Recess? My high school had a couple of daily breaks for us to leave class and throw food at one another.
I can't remember how long they were, though. Long enough for some people to make the walk into town (which was fairly near) and buy food/cause trouble there. Not me though- I was fat, shy and lazy, the killer trifecta.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90141 on: November 16, 2015, 03:51:49 pm »

???

Put it this way, running Skyrim in fullscreen does not work. Running Skyrim in a window does. Running Yandere Simulator in either scenario did work.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90142 on: November 16, 2015, 03:53:28 pm »

???

Put it this way, running Skyrim in fullscreen does not work. Running Skyrim in a window does. Running Yandere Simulator in either scenario did work.
Try updating yoru graphics drivers?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90143 on: November 16, 2015, 04:33:24 pm »

One of the first things I tried. Up to date.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #90144 on: November 16, 2015, 04:39:15 pm »

In Belgium we get one 50-minute break over noon, during which the sixth-years are allowed to go out into the town and, I assume, eat kebab. We also get two 10-minute breaks.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90145 on: November 16, 2015, 04:41:22 pm »

You guys don't have five-minute breaks in between periods to switch rooms? Strange.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90146 on: November 16, 2015, 04:42:53 pm »

You guys don't have five-minute breaks in between periods to switch rooms? Strange.
I do, but I'm not counting them.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90147 on: November 16, 2015, 04:47:57 pm »

You call those breaks? 
Some schools could be pretty big.  There is a high school in my area that is practically just the ground floor. 
Then some kids get the short end where they need to walk to a locker on the other side of the school(if they don't just carry a whole buncha stuff...).
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90148 on: November 16, 2015, 04:49:37 pm »

why has my boss not called with the information I need ahhhhhhhh
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #90149 on: November 16, 2015, 04:56:26 pm »

We sort of do, really. They're just not official.

One of our school's buildings was housing for pastors which was renovated into classrooms a few decades ago, so you have five classes worth of students (about 10-30 per, depending on study direction) trying to leave a building composed of ridiculously narrow corridors and really small classrooms.

Like, my school was built near the city. Which means it's between two major, parallel streets and houses on either side. We have a court surrounded by school buildings on all sides (if you count toilets as being such).

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 6008 6009 [6010] 6011 6012 ... 11040