Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5824 5825 [5826] 5827 5828 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14468578 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #87375 on: October 08, 2015, 04:09:16 pm »

Liberia: One of the last bastions of Freedom against Napoleonic hegemony.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #87376 on: October 08, 2015, 04:17:59 pm »

It's times like this where I wish Napoleon was more successful in spreading the metric system across the world.
Well, he was almost completely successful. America and Liberia are the only ones left.
That's still three hundred and some odd million heathens who need cleansing, at any rate.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #87377 on: October 08, 2015, 04:21:22 pm »

It's times like this where I wish Napoleon was more successful in spreading the metric system across the world.
Well, he was almost completely successful. America and Liberia are the only ones left.
That's still three hundred and some odd million heathens who need cleansing, at any rate.
Shed your false metric chains and embrace the Imperial system! The Emperor demands it!

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87378 on: October 08, 2015, 04:42:26 pm »

It seems that basic emergency procedures no longer apply at work. This morning, the fire alarm goes off. About 3 weeks ago, we had a fire drill where we were told that the first thing you are supposed to do if the fire alarm goes off is to run out the nearest exit and regroup in the parking lot. This is what me and at least two other people did. I and one of the others run out a fire door with a separate alarm that goes off if you open it; this door cannot be opened from the outside.

Apparently, it was only a test of the alarm system. They did not announce this test until after the alarm went off. By then, the other two and I were already outside. So now, instead of "get to safety as quickly as possible", the proper response to a fire alarm is "stay there, do nothing, wait for instructions".

Curiously enough, right outside the fire door I found a lamp shade sitting on a post. Shame I couldn't find anywhere to hang it. What are the odds that I would find a lamp shade in a strange place at just the moment it becomes relevant?

Shed your false metric chains and embrace the Imperial system! The Emperor demands it!

What measuring system does the Imperium of Man use? 1 ton = an Emperor's gram? 1 Heresy = 2 Bolters to the head?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #87379 on: October 08, 2015, 04:44:15 pm »

Pauldron is the unit for measuring surfaces, obviously.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #87380 on: October 08, 2015, 04:52:32 pm »

Pauldron is the unit for measuring surfaces, obviously.
In the sense a hectare is :P
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87381 on: October 08, 2015, 05:29:17 pm »

Things are measured in how many Imperial Guard are killed completing the task, of course.
So storming the enemy fortress? Thats around a decaguardsman.
Fetching the sugar off the shelf? That's something like 0.7 guardsmen.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87382 on: October 08, 2015, 05:58:49 pm »

As opposed to the metric shit-ton.

Speaking of WTF and measurements, I saw an article the other day that some weather wonk calculated that the Carolinas received 11 TRILLION gallons of rain last weekend. Which is almost precisely the amount needed to end California's drought. Also, 1/3 the volume of Lake Tahoe.
Why doesn't California just pump out 1/3 of Lake Tahoe?
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87383 on: October 08, 2015, 06:05:43 pm »

As opposed to the metric shit-ton.

Speaking of WTF and measurements, I saw an article the other day that some weather wonk calculated that the Carolinas received 11 TRILLION gallons of rain last weekend. Which is almost precisely the amount needed to end California's drought. Also, 1/3 the volume of Lake Tahoe.
Why doesn't California just pump out 1/3 of Lake Tahoe?

Because the logistics of getting that water to WHERE it needs to go is mind boggling, and includes hundres of plane drops, thousands of tanker trucks, and the lake as it stands cant' handle it. http://www.dailycal.org/2015/10/07/quantum-solace-lake-tahoe/  Its already a spirit of its former self. ON top of ALL of that, it wouldn't actually end the drought, since ending the drought actually depends on rainfall. No rainfall, No end of drought.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #87384 on: October 08, 2015, 06:08:48 pm »

Because that would be, like, bad for the environment, dude!

And they also need 4/3 Lake Tahoe, not 3/3 Lake Tahoe in different places. It would also be more convenient if it fell out of the sky on its own rather than having to be pumped, because Californians, and somewhat rightly given the geology of the area, are terrified of the concept of using a nuclear power plant, or hundreds of thousands of diesel-powered pump engines running simultaneously, and they'd probably need one or the other or both to get Lake Tahoe all over the place in a timely fashion

Note: none of this whatsoever was supported by any research whatsoever.

Also, damn bread ninja always getting in my way!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87385 on: October 08, 2015, 06:14:13 pm »

Because that would be, like, bad for the environment, dude!

And they also need 4/3 Lake Tahoe, not 3/3 Lake Tahoe in different places. It would also be more convenient if it fell out of the sky on its own rather than having to be pumped, because Californians, and somewhat rightly given the geology of the area, are terrified of the concept of using a nuclear power plant, or hundreds of thousands of diesel-powered pump engines running simultaneously, and they'd probably need one or the other or both to get Lake Tahoe all over the place in a timely fashion

Note: none of this whatsoever was supported by any research whatsoever.

Also, damn bread ninja always getting in my way!

*Throws down smoke grenade, flies off!*  NYUP!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87386 on: October 08, 2015, 06:21:41 pm »

Why don't Californians just give up on their attempt to defy nature itself? Either that or get more hardcore at it.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #87387 on: October 08, 2015, 06:25:36 pm »

Presumably for similar reasons that floridians haven't burnt this entire fucking swamp straight to the bedrock and started over in a notably less hellish area, maybe on top of the subsequent ashen wasteland. Too much effort, too much inertia saying not to. Cali's big, and there's a lot of folks in it. Getting them all to do something is less like herding cats and more like herding sentient cat tidal waves.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87388 on: October 08, 2015, 07:56:58 pm »

I can't fix other peoples' computer problems over the phone. Frustrating when I say I'll have to be there in person to know what it is they are even trying to say, and they respond with "yea, but can you help me right now?". No. I just said I can't.

My nan can't get her tablet working. It keeps "kicking her off of the internet". Given why her laptop broke, I'm going to guess she downloaded something she shouldn't have without even knowing.

Her internet provider has actually told her to stop asking for help. They told her the internet was broken and that she will have to return the tablet.

I asked her to unplug her router, leave it for a bit, then plug it back in. She unplugged her TV. She doesn't know how to disconnect from her wifi, then reconnect it, either.

"What's this thing on my screen? It looks like a black box, with symbols on it."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87389 on: October 08, 2015, 08:00:23 pm »

Why don't we have computer literacy tests again?
Pages: 1 ... 5824 5825 [5826] 5827 5828 ... 11037