Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5591 5592 [5593] 5594 5595 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14460020 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: i'm going to shove quark into your nostrils you goddamned peasant
« Reply #83880 on: August 23, 2015, 07:15:02 pm »

not much

* LordSlowpoke sips orange juice

hyakpasento

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: how to genocide undesirable ethnic groups in 13 easy steps
« Reply #83881 on: August 23, 2015, 07:20:27 pm »

Quote from: Loud whispers
Gay heathen Irishman
So now I know where he gets his information...
He has the knowledge

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: (o_O) (O_O) (o_x) (X_x) (O_o) (X_O) (x_O) (x_x)
« Reply #83882 on: August 23, 2015, 07:25:07 pm »

not much

* LordSlowpoke sips orange juice

hyakpasento
Face your doom, I say.  Dooooooooom.   Doooooooooooooooooooooooooom.  Face.
Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom.
(doom)
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #83883 on: August 23, 2015, 08:18:50 pm »

WTF Chrome? Why would you store all the old versions of the application?

Was running out of space on my hard drive and I was looking for things to remove, when I noticed that for some reason Google Chrome (which I installed way back when) was over 20 GB in size. Crack open the package and it's because it apparently has been saving all of the old versions, meaning I had something like over 100 different versions of google chrome all inside that single application. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #83884 on: August 23, 2015, 08:21:02 pm »

How does that even happen?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #83885 on: August 23, 2015, 08:32:41 pm »

Do not boil a cheese sandwich.

What has been seen cannot be unseen.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #83886 on: August 23, 2015, 08:33:57 pm »

How was it like?
Rubidium has RETURNED!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #83887 on: August 23, 2015, 08:35:43 pm »

How does that even happen?
Most likely from someone saying "lets save the previous version just in case there's a problem with the update so we can roll it back!" and then no one ever saying "why don't we delete all the previously saved versions older than the one we're stashing for rollback since we don't need them anymore?" :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #83888 on: August 23, 2015, 08:40:20 pm »

How was it like?
How was it boiled?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #83889 on: August 23, 2015, 08:53:00 pm »

... I'll admit, I've never thought of trying to boil any sort of sandwich, cheese or not. Bread and soggy tends to not go together all that well. Best bet is to toast the bread first (that's what I do when I put ghetto-croissants into soup-like stuff), boil/cook whatever else you're intending to use, and then put the bread in. Boiling the bread itself would... I'm pretty sure not do much besides cause it mostly-dissolve. Would probably be pretty nasty.

Boiling cheese is mostly okay, though. Kinda' troublesome to get a nice texture out of it, but melted cheese est. Then you can dip the bread in it and all is good.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #83890 on: August 23, 2015, 09:02:41 pm »

I can't even imagine why you'd want to boil a sandwich in the first place.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #83891 on: August 23, 2015, 09:04:00 pm »

To see what happens, obviously. Probably other reasons, too, but if I were to boil a sandwich, that'd be why I'd do it. Sometimes, when it comes to cooking, you just have to try it and find out whether or not it's edible.

Sometimes it's not.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #83892 on: August 23, 2015, 09:10:09 pm »

Please do not quote. Thank you

The world is weird. Internet used to be a place to disconnect and hide; now it's social and pervasive. You can't even apply for a job without online presence, mirroring real people vouching for you, and this is weird to me. Also, lawyers are supposed to keep things private, but somehow a lot of them have huge visible connections to people you know have to be real life clients with real life names... online.... This just looks like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

I was horridly slandered, got called all sorts of things, would not recommend. In addition to the professional damage, I also found out that this fiasco cost me my fairly long term romantic relationship. (Before this summer it couldn't have legally been a marriage anyhow). It was like a year or so. He said he had a medical problem and that's why things cooled off between us. Having not seen him in a while, I asked him about it.... He had no clue what I was talking about "What [medical problem]...?" This means he made it up and probably heard those lovely rumors about me.... Untrue and unkind.... [sigh].

People suck and connecting to people virtually sucks. I was horridly slandered, and now some of the people responsible, or their friends, are asking for online links to me.... That's risky and so is having anything to do with my brother dedicated con man, but very good with that kind of stuff... [sigh].

This whole godawful thing has cost me 6 figures easily, and that's just in money, nevermind the relationships and o yes, the sanity.

Why did the world turn the internet "social" (more complaint that question).

Please do not quote. Thank you
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 09:12:09 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83893 on: August 23, 2015, 09:17:50 pm »

Because shitty people thought it would be nice if you could monetize the internet via targeted marketing / ads.

I miss the days where you could be hidden. The internet should remain a hangout for anonymous people, not a place for retarded business practice that grab every single life information so they can deliver you a fresh bucket of target-flavored Baskin and Robbins.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #83894 on: August 23, 2015, 09:24:43 pm »

Because shitty people thought it would be nice if you could monetize the internet via targeted marketing / ads.

I miss the days where you could be hidden. The internet should remain a hangout for anonymous people, not a place for retarded business practice that grab every single life information so they can deliver you a fresh bucket of target-flavored Baskin and Robbins.

I remember back when you'd exclaim that it was 3 AM and grab a burger from behind your pillow.

Now you have to order the burger online and wait 3 days for delivery.

Pages: 1 ... 5591 5592 [5593] 5594 5595 ... 11040