Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4747 4748 [4749] 4750 4751 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14438440 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #71220 on: March 02, 2015, 11:45:12 pm »

Just reduce your relationship with him to the logical.
Every time he wants you to raid, ask him 'What do I get from this?'
Start tallying up the favors owed to eachother, and if he goes over a certain amount, don't do shit for him until he pays it back.

It's painstaking and harsh but also a fun way for late developers to learn about friendship and obligation- and you might learn something too.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #71221 on: March 02, 2015, 11:57:18 pm »

why even do things at all is what i want to know
Hello apathy!
How's things? Oh wait - you don't care do you
bastard
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71222 on: March 02, 2015, 11:58:06 pm »

Someone[Not on these forums] abbreviated my username to "Arcv".
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #71223 on: March 03, 2015, 12:13:05 am »

Congratulations you are now a Yu-Gi-Oh show
It's FEF, not FEOF

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #71224 on: March 03, 2015, 12:19:50 am »

Ark-v? Arseive. Arsiv? Arciv? Arshiv. Our shiv. Our Shiv! Actually, you are now the hoboiest familiar of zero fanfiction. Be proud of your vaguely homoerotic backalley knife fight prowess.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71225 on: March 03, 2015, 12:20:43 am »

How's things? Oh wait - you don't care do you
bastard
Sigh... I cannot muster the fucks needed to deal with this.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #71226 on: March 03, 2015, 12:48:06 am »

And he's not making more.
Wait, really?
This reminds me of flappy bird guy, in a way.
Speaking of Flappy Bird, what is with that thing? My sister has no less than 10 knockoffs of that on her iPod.
Thats not a flappy bird thing, thats just mobile games being terrible afaik. You make something cool and decide to put it on mobile? You will get cloned and/or ripped off. And then forgotten about if they get more successful, prob'ly.
It is also a Flappy Bird thing especially. Once the creator deleted his copy everyone else saw a position to move in and take over the vacuum that the deletion of the original created.
Why anyone would actually have more than a single clone of it at once on their phone (since they are all probably pretty much identical, as they are clones) is beyond me though.
She might be like me and is searching for the superior clone.
At least that's how I rationalize the amount of flappy clones I have. :v
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71227 on: March 03, 2015, 01:12:31 am »

Flyme, there's a difference between nice and doormat, remember. I mean, if they do things for you, then OK, you just didn't get us the full story, but if they're not, then it comes across more as them using you.
So much this.

I've lived pretty much my entire life just doing crap for people, when it failed to do anything for me.
Do I look like a happy person for it? I'm not.
I'd gladly trade away all the people that stepped on me to get some freedom. But the thing is, I still don't, because I still let people step on me.
If it makes you annoyed or upset, then it's not worth dealing with it.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71228 on: March 03, 2015, 08:43:38 am »

There is now a Five Nights at Freddy's 3. Jesus fucking Christ.

I never knew there was a second one.

Flyme, there's a difference between nice and doormat, remember. I mean, if they do things for you, then OK, you just didn't get us the full story, but if they're not, then it comes across more as them using you.
So much this.

I've lived pretty much my entire life just doing crap for people, when it failed to do anything for me.
Do I look like a happy person for it? I'm not.
I'd gladly trade away all the people that stepped on me to get some freedom. But the thing is, I still don't, because I still let people step on me.
If it makes you annoyed or upset, then it's not worth dealing with it.

For me, me doing this for other people has led them to put themselves into a position of authority over me, where the force me to continue to bend over backwards for them or else they will wreck my life. Biggest example would be my relationship with my parents. Especially now, after they moved my stepdad's son into my room with me. They promised me it was only one night, but it's been about a week now.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #71229 on: March 03, 2015, 08:51:51 am »

My brother is very bad at judging when to use his epinephrine shot... $40 a pop, but he used it just because "he had a strange feeling after eating bread".

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71230 on: March 03, 2015, 08:54:11 am »

Make part of it come out of his allowance when it's used incorrectly?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #71231 on: March 03, 2015, 08:59:20 am »

Well, my mother doesn't want him to not use it when he actually needs to >_>

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71232 on: March 03, 2015, 09:53:00 am »

I thought those thing were really painful to use?  Shouldn't that act as enough of a deterrent?
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #71233 on: March 03, 2015, 10:26:50 am »

I keep telling myself I'm going to give up Redditing, but then I see nonsense like this...

Redditor insists that strippers would greatly benefit from accepting bitcoins. Others are sceptical.

and I can't get away.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #71234 on: March 03, 2015, 10:53:19 am »

I'm a bit late to the party, I'd like to say it still:
My friends did congratulate me, asked me if I was fine, said I had a noble heart and courage. I'm not so sure anymore.
But it is true. It is noble and brave to try and stop the injustice. That's because doing something like that can be especially hard and dangerous to one who does it. Your case proves it. Yes, you got the short end of the stick. Yes, you did try to enforce the law when it was not your place to do so. Yes, it might have been foolish and rash.

But sometimes, it is right to stand up. The laws should be there so the strong should not prey on the weak. And it is noble and brave to do that yourself, when the ones responsible fail to uphold the law.

You DID well, Caroline.
And be angry about injustice. Use your anger to fuel your ambitions and desires. Don't give up on being good person.

Just, you know, don't let the anger consume you. You'll end up bitter and spent.

-snip-
I'll just echo what other people told you - dump him. If other friends are truly your friends, they will understand. If not, then you don't need those kind of people around you, man.

Is it hard dumping those last few of IRL people you try to hang with? Absolutely. But one day will come when you'll meet new people. Having less irl social contacts for some time is better than having bad social contacts. Move on, you don't need scrubs like that.

Besides, you still got us. We might be less "real" than your irl "friends", but at least we don't try to screw you over.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.
Pages: 1 ... 4747 4748 [4749] 4750 4751 ... 11040