Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4626 4627 [4628] 4629 4630 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14432215 times)

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #69405 on: February 10, 2015, 12:04:59 am »

I think a lot of it is that I don't have the privacy that I'd care for, I can usually motivate myself when no one else is around (for whatever reason, I believe it's because I think out loud when alone).  It's a strange existence.

EDIT:  Thinking back, I think this particular habit started when I tried streaming for a couple of months.  I'm really, really bad at breaking habits apparently.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 12:21:30 am by Karkov »

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #69406 on: February 10, 2015, 12:33:27 am »

I've been in this really weird state of "I want to create something, write something possibly, yet I can't find the motivation to begin writing" recently.  It's odd and I'm becoming rather annoyed with myself because of it.  No matter how many awesome ideas I get and how much I want to put them down on paper (or at least a text document), I cannot bring myself to do it.

I need a programmer to check the crash log of my motivation.exe and see if they can't debug it.

that's me all the time :(
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #69407 on: February 10, 2015, 12:40:24 am »

There's not really anything strange about that, especially if you're someone for whom vocalization is an important part of cognition and whatnot. Somewhat societally ill-fitting, in general (for politeness/noise pollution reasons, if nothing else, vocalization as a part of normal thinking is disincentivized, even if it can be really helpful), but not actually strange.

Personally, I've generally found that the more ways you have to express something, the better. Talking to yourself can be incredibly helpful for the creative process. Write, talk, draw... attack the subject from all sides, basically.

Totes empathize with the solo motivation thing, though. Among other things, I actually get worse at interpersonal communication if I'm consistently around people for a lengthy period -- since I've been living with folks, my tonal control and whatnot has actually suffered. Can't really chatter at myself appropriately to keep things in order when other folks are around, because things get thrown at you. Hopefully shifting back over to more comfortably living arrangements shortly, though...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #69408 on: February 10, 2015, 02:14:51 am »

I frequently talk to myself, but it hasn't affected my motivation noticeably. People are different, huh.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #69409 on: February 10, 2015, 02:33:06 am »

._.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69410 on: February 10, 2015, 02:46:31 am »

No  >:(

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #69411 on: February 10, 2015, 02:53:38 am »

What the hell. Writing fanfiction about my own damn mod, I really looked into the trolls Festak, Dokkri, Telgam, and Egidan. Egidan is 9,574 years old and Telgam is 15. Dokkri is 8 and Festak is 6.  The game very much considers Dokkri and Festak to be Telgam and Egidan's children, and Telgam most definitely gave birth to them in the context of the game (though obviously I don't write it that way, since trolls don't properly give birth).

Do you see something wrong with that? I sure as hell do. Egidan impregnated an 8-year-old (possibly 9, but statistically unlikely) at the age of 9,567. I could chalk it up to "trolls sure are weird!", but that's outright bug territory.

I'm not too worried about the age difference (Egidan's a seadweller, so everyone's going to look young to him--gotta find love somewhere!), but the fact that an 8-year-old is getting married is wrong, especially since AFAIK I made the adult age 13 for them.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 02:56:17 am by Putnam »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #69412 on: February 10, 2015, 02:58:27 am »

Clearly you must explore the depths of DF's marriage system, to understand this bullshit.
._.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #69413 on: February 10, 2015, 03:11:14 am »

Hmm. I checked it out and they didn't appear in legends mode before I started the fort, so they were probably generated for the fort.

EDIT: In news related to the age thing, I read just now that the primary things heating the Earth's interior were:

1. still being hot from early on
2. radioactive decay of Thorium and Uranium (about 1:1 ratio), which have a half-life of ~14 billion and 4 billion years respectively.

So I said "well shit, geology's not going to last for much more than 8 billion years huh" but then I remembered about the 100 million-5 billion year timescale of the sun and laughed at my lack of priorities

EDIT 2: Oh man someone just entered who is:

1. A truly single parent. He has no lover or wife, but two kids.
2. Has two kids... neither of whom are related to each other. They both share their single parent, but neither are siblings.

Wowowow I've done something weird.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 04:26:48 am by Putnam »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69414 on: February 10, 2015, 04:54:26 am »

Oh my god why did I think it would be a good idea to have cake icing on an empty stomach whyyyy

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69415 on: February 10, 2015, 06:54:03 am »

You know.. I heard that Homer Simpson isn't actually all that fat.

Then I heard he was 260 pounds and I was like "Wow? That is it? why does the show treat you like a blimp? You are relatively tall too"

Though the reason this gets into my WTF for... 7am is well, I kind of wonder what the social implications of this are.

I mean we already live in a society that while obesity is rampant, we make being fat seem like the worst thing ever almost constantly.

I am overthinking it... but then again my super power is overthinking... and complaining.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 06:58:06 am by Neonivek »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #69416 on: February 10, 2015, 07:26:16 am »

Well, that is quite overweight... For the eighties. And despite what the Simpsons tells you, it is still basically in the eighties.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #69417 on: February 10, 2015, 07:35:45 am »

I'd say a person weighing 260 pounds is pretty damn fat.

That's like... two Dutchlings.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #69418 on: February 10, 2015, 07:57:26 am »

Well, that is quite overweight... For the eighties. And despite what the Simpsons tells you, it is still basically in the eighties.
Err, for the eighties?
His height matters as well as his weight...where 260 pounds is 117~kgs.

Edit: I typed points instead of pounds. Hello exam fatigue.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #69419 on: February 10, 2015, 09:16:19 am »

I meant it was rare for the 1980s for someone to be that fat. Unless you meant something else.
Pages: 1 ... 4626 4627 [4628] 4629 4630 ... 11039