Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4004 4005 [4006] 4007 4008 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14393991 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #60075 on: October 07, 2014, 04:05:20 pm »

Huh. Perhaps they will make Moonshine that we can make, perhaps out of moon berries?

Wait, the US army is paying for that penis growing thing? Wow, someone wants a bigger one...

Dreams are weird. Imagine having one where you are just driving around with your parents, looking at houses and seeing large quantities of train locomotives being moved around in a city.

As in, where ever you look, theres a cut of locomotives moving. More that is normally in that state, all moving about in that one area, at the same time...
guys.  it might just be sunberries. >.<
the pun is like a nod, an Easter Egg.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Noel.se

• Bay Watcher
  • Always lurking. Always watching.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60076 on: October 07, 2014, 04:09:39 pm »

It took me this long to realise that DF's 'sunshine' is a play on moonshine.
I am so fucking slow.

And thus many minds were blown.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60077 on: October 07, 2014, 04:26:20 pm »

Holy crap, you guys are slow. Also, moonshine is just corn mash alcohol.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #60078 on: October 07, 2014, 04:27:24 pm »

I'm fairly sure moonshine is just any cheapo I-distilled-it-in-my-shed alcohol.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #60079 on: October 07, 2014, 04:33:00 pm »

Wait, the US army is paying for that penis growing thing? Wow, someone wants a bigger one...

Having your dick shot off is among the most, if not THE most traumatizing injury a soldier can get and survive. As far back as WWI (when they started paying attention to these things), it wasn't the armless, the legless, the blind, or even the insane that needed the greatest amount of therapy. It was the dickless. (Granted, literal basket cases were probably worse off, but the only ones I ever heard of asked to be put out of their misery and were obliged.) That means that any project that can repair that damage is at least as valuable to the Army as a prosthetic hand or leg.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60080 on: October 07, 2014, 04:43:55 pm »

That's "bathtub booze," which will kill you or blind you if not properly distilled. Moonshine can be high quality stuff. Also, it's made primarily in the midwest, where you can find corn everywhere. Corn literally grows out of the ground here!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #60081 on: October 07, 2014, 04:45:21 pm »

Moonshine is also clear and has a ridiculous proof.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #60082 on: October 07, 2014, 04:47:41 pm »

Having your dick shot off is among the most, if not THE most traumatizing injury a soldier can get and survive. As far back as WWI (when they started paying attention to these things), it wasn't the armless, the legless, the blind, or even the insane that needed the greatest amount of therapy. It was the dickless. (Granted, literal basket cases were probably worse off, but the only ones I ever heard of asked to be put out of their misery and were obliged.) That means that any project that can repair that damage is at least as valuable to the Army as a prosthetic hand or leg.
My personal theory was that it was the Navy SEALs who wanted it. Being a SEAL takes some pretty big balls, so I guess they wanted a bigger other thing to match.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #60083 on: October 07, 2014, 04:48:46 pm »

How does bad alchohol make you go blind? I've always been curious about that.
It's FEF, not FEOF

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #60084 on: October 07, 2014, 04:52:56 pm »

Some kind of it goes into your liver, turns into formic acid which deposits in your eyes. Look up methanol I believe.
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #60085 on: October 07, 2014, 05:11:46 pm »

That's "bathtub booze," which will kill you or blind you if not properly distilled. Moonshine can be high quality stuff. Also, it's made primarily in the midwest, where you can find corn everywhere. Corn literally grows out of the ground here!

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/moonshine

"a kind of alcohol that people make illegally"

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #60086 on: October 07, 2014, 05:15:33 pm »

Distillation is actually a fairly difficult and quite dangerous process. If your apparatus isn't within relatively tight tolerances, you'll get a fuckton of impurities in the end product that will seriously fuck you up. MOst backwoods moonshiners are from a long line of moonshiners, or know someone who is, and thus know how to do it right because "I learned it from my pappy, who learned it from his pappy, who learned it from his...", but when Prohibition came down, the resulting alcohol drought meant that producing liquor -ANY liquor- could make you a fortune, so a ton of city folks started manufacturing booze with only the barest idea of what they were doing (much the same happened with methamphetamines in the 90s and today, but failure to make meth correctly results in a rather large explosion instead of a visually identical but poisonous product, so the problem is much more confined) and got it wrong. That's cause 1.

Cause 2 was the fact that ethanol was -and is- an incredibly important industrial chemical, used as a solvent, a fuel, and probably a dozen other uses. To stop people from cracking open a bottle of cleaner and drinking it, a small percentage of poisonous wood alcohol was introduced into the mix long before Prohibition (factory owners didn't want their workers getting drunk on the floor with company property). At the original levels, it was just enough to make you pretty sick unless you drank a massive amount of it, but spikes in the theft and back-of-the-truck sales (often winked at by the owners of the stuff) of industrial alcohol caused certain insanely overzealous regulators (many of whom had been pushing for Prohibition in the first place, got their jobs because of their anti-booze stance, and stood to lose everything if Prohibition failed) decided to mandate a much higher proportion. That would have been bad enough, but the folks that were drinking the stuff would mix it into punches and such to disguise the taste (industrial alcohol is very harsh stuff), and that kept people from noticing that this stuff tasted extra bad, and it didn't get you as drunk, so you drank more of it. Hundreds, if not thousands, died or were permanently crippled as a result.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #60087 on: October 07, 2014, 06:09:48 pm »

Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60088 on: October 07, 2014, 06:22:17 pm »

I don't get why my parents hate the way I prefer my bed...

The sheets constantly unfold themselves from the mattress spring so I instead hook them around my memory foam so I don't have to constantly adjust it every morning.

I don't use the "Burrito" sheet because I never EVER liked that sheet and I like it when my feet hang out from under my bed.

And I don't properly fold my blanket over my bed every morning because I don't like to sleep with a properly folded blanket. That is the one I am willing to compromise on, even though it is annoying...

The way I do it is fine and works for me.

They walked into my room and redid my entire bed and got mad when I had to fix it... ESPECIALLY since I had to replace pillow covers (they used scratchy ones), replaced my favorite blanket, threw out my bed sheets (not I don't have proper bed sheets, I had to improvise), and stuff...

Sure my bed "looked" better but it is dark... I could care less how it looked like.

>_< I just don't get it.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 06:24:18 pm by Neonivek »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #60089 on: October 07, 2014, 06:24:23 pm »

People tend to care more about conforming to conventional look than about functionality and what's comfortable.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 4004 4005 [4006] 4007 4008 ... 11037