Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3114 3115 [3116] 3117 3118 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14461797 times)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #46725 on: April 02, 2014, 02:54:39 pm »

So i was reading comments under the Malaysian aircraft catastrophe and one guy was trolling and spouting nonsensical theories.
One was however genious.

The plane never crashed! it landed exacly where it was supposed to but flew into an time warp and arrived at the destination several thousand years in the past.
The cinese capital is called Beijingthat sound similar to Boening so the people on the planes jump started the entire chinese culture by using their futurisitc knowledge and teaching the local tribes.
Therefore they search parties should not look for the plane in the ocean but instead look for it beneath Beijing.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #46726 on: April 02, 2014, 03:00:26 pm »

I visited a Chinese restaurant, where they brought out these fried noodles with ketchup.
Was it a Chinese restaurant, or an *Asian* restaurant? (you know, that small-town phenomenon where all Asian cuisines are combined [horribly] under one roof?)

Y'know, the Asian restaurant in the town I live near seems to be the exception to that kinda stuff. Good food, clean restaurant, pleasant décor, etc.

Similar here, although I technically live in a large-ish city by local standards, but it fits the general bill. Although over here, most of even small-town Asian places are Vietnamese and/or Chinese, and Thai and Japanese restaurants tend to cater for upper middle class income brackets at least almost exclusively.

The restaurant was apparently bought from an Italian restaurant which moved elsewhere, with decor adjusted to fit somewhat better. The food is delicious and cheap, made by actual Vietnamese cooks (you can see the kitchen if you stand in front of the counter with the cash register) and I think so is the owner (or he's a husband of a local woman who is, but same thing really).
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #46727 on: April 02, 2014, 03:02:23 pm »

I just reread Pokemon Breaking Blue. I am astounded by the lack of bugtesting in the old Pokemon games.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46728 on: April 02, 2014, 03:10:09 pm »

I finally saw a Parody of a Creepy Pasta I always wanted to see.

I have this thing about creepy Pastas where the way they are described in the story they are the most boring games EVER CREATED! To the point where anyone playing it would probably just turn the game off and do something fun.

So what is this Parody? The person gets a stereotypical creepy pasta game and instead of wetting their pants the person just outright mocks it.

Basically what any sane person would do.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 03:12:42 pm by Neonivek »

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46729 on: April 02, 2014, 03:18:53 pm »

-snip-
Agreed 100%. Especially if [insert ethnicity here] customers are first gen immigrants who have had personal experience with said food culture. If it's good enough for them, then it's good sign that it's very close to how that [insert ethnicity here] food is supposed to taste like. Not that it would guarantee you will like it, just that it is authentic.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46730 on: April 02, 2014, 03:20:47 pm »

I have this thing about creepy Pastas where the way they are described in the story they are the most boring games EVER CREATED! To the point where anyone playing it would probably just turn the game off and do something fun.

So what is this Parody? The person gets a stereotypical creepy pasta game and instead of wetting their pants the person just outright mocks it.

Is it the Ben Drowned April's Fools video?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46731 on: April 02, 2014, 03:37:46 pm »

Why doesn't the insert key have a light for it? Why isn't it called "Insert Lock"?

The other three keys that are toggles have indicators for them, but not insert! The other three are labelled lock, since that's what they do, they lock-on the caps, num, or scroll. :I

But insert is just a little bitch who wants to be different.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #46732 on: April 02, 2014, 03:57:49 pm »

That's easy. Back in the day, the typing cursor changed depending on INSERT or OVERWRITE mode. That's why the other three have lights, because there was no on-screen indicator. After the move to Windows, nobody bothered changing the keyboard.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46733 on: April 02, 2014, 04:02:20 pm »

Is it the Ben Drowned April's Fools video?

Wait... there is more then one parody of Creepy Pastas where they just basically do the typical creepy pasta game but react to it the way an ordinary person would react to it?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #46734 on: April 02, 2014, 06:15:21 pm »

I visited a Chinese restaurant, where they brought out these fried noodles with ketchup.
Was it a Chinese restaurant, or an *Asian* restaurant? (you know, that small-town phenomenon where all Asian cuisines are combined [horribly] under one roof?)

Y'know, the Asian restaurant in the town I live near seems to be the exception to that kinda stuff. Good food, clean restaurant, pleasant décor, etc.

The local buffet in my town is awesome, end of story. Whether or not the cooking was adapted to meet Americans' expectations better or not doesn't matter. They do serve some American cuisine, probably for whiny members of the family that don't enjoy the rest of the food. They very clearly get their pizza from the grocery store freezer/dumpster, though. That's what you get for eating pizza at the chinese buffet.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #46735 on: April 02, 2014, 06:27:13 pm »

That's easy. Back in the day, the typing cursor changed depending on INSERT or OVERWRITE mode. That's why the other three have lights, because there was no on-screen indicator. After the move to Windows, nobody bothered changing the keyboard.
It... it still does, at least as late as vista. Or at least does for the Opera typing bitsies. Does for Libreoffice, too. To wit: vs in Opera, with the second being insert mode overwrite on.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #46736 on: April 02, 2014, 06:44:09 pm »

On 7, it does not do so in Chrome or Windows Explorer. Nor does it do so in Word, Wordpad, or Notepad.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #46737 on: April 02, 2014, 06:48:16 pm »

... hrm. Overwrite just flat doesn't work on explorer (or notepad, though it does work for Wordpad without indication), for vista, and I don't have (or want) chrome. Works for notepad++, though! And Opera, and Libreoffice. Microsoft fails again, I guess.
Ask not!
Ask!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #46738 on: April 02, 2014, 06:59:41 pm »

Overwrite also doesn't work on firefox.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #46739 on: April 02, 2014, 07:01:36 pm »

Well. I guess my computer just happens to be part of the overwrite master race. Bow down ye' plebs, and tremble at my ability to correct mistakes without pressing the delete or backspace key, or highlighting anything.
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 3114 3115 [3116] 3117 3118 ... 11040