Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2082 2083 [2084] 2085 2086 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14457996 times)

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #31245 on: April 29, 2013, 03:50:38 am »

Just had a look at this site
http://whatstheharm.net/
But was really was surprised laughing at this.

Bart Sibrel is an idiot and, in my opinion, got what he deserved.
I came to know about this moron only now, what made me wonder at first was,'How can someone get harmed by believing the moon landing hoax' and then WHAM! He got punched by Buzz Aldrin himself!
It really has to suck when your claim to fame is being punched by Buzz Aldrin. Although if you're stupid enough to try and make one of the first men on the moon swear on a bible that it's fake you have it coming.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31246 on: April 29, 2013, 03:52:40 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #31247 on: April 29, 2013, 08:58:40 am »

... flying... flying dream...? I think... I think I just had one. Well, mostly flying. Context was video game and free form flight was one of the capabilities, so it was part flight part not. But still! First flying dream that I can remember! I've had similar movement systems before (swimming/underwater, "jump good"/long glide ones), but I think that was the first legit flight-for-main-critter-including dream I've had.

That was kinda' fun. Definitely a WTF, though. I was mostly expecting to never have one of those at this point, but I guess the subconscious finally found a way to excuse it. Go-go dream-MMO!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31248 on: April 29, 2013, 09:02:22 am »

...Huh.  A fighter pilot MMO might be kinda cool actually...
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #31249 on: April 29, 2013, 09:13:32 am »

Was more fantasy related than anything... though there was a bit near the end with mario kart and starfox shoutouts... the latter of which was quite odd. I tried to gank the fighter, but due to the strange cylindrical shape of the pilots -- it was more an odd oversized toy than a starfighter, and the pilots were sort of battery-shaped and stuck in there good -- couldn't manage to yank the pilots out and steal the ship.

... but yeah, was more souped-up Morrowind style levitation or really smooth DBZ flight or something than plane. It was quite well done, though. Apparently my subconscious is fairly competent at designing areas that take account of free Z-axis movement.

Fighter pilot MMO might be interesting though, yeah. I half-way want to say we've got a couple of those...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #31250 on: April 29, 2013, 10:00:56 am »

Spambots in the PM system now. Damn.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31252 on: April 29, 2013, 10:55:40 am »

So I just woke up to this.

Hey there, I wanted to let you know about another community like this one that not only provides Square Enix news but is a chill place to relax and goof off with other members. The site is beautifully customized and it will reel you in as soon as you click the link

[link]

and check out our main site where the news are updated

[link]

Thanks!
Oh shit their in the PM system now. ABORT, ABORT!

WTF indeed.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31253 on: April 29, 2013, 11:31:02 am »

What do bay12 members usually do? What do they want? What are they prepared to give? Whats the usual standard for and the considered importance of fun times? The last one includes the world in general and Bay12.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31254 on: April 29, 2013, 11:38:16 am »

No, he didn't. He got punched by a 72 year old man. He deserves his teeth knocked down his throat.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

AlmightyOne

• Bay Watcher
  • You and what lightning fingers???
    • View Profile
« Reply #31255 on: April 29, 2013, 11:44:41 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wptn5RE2I-k
Well judging by the video, looks like he did.

No, he didn't. He got punched by a 72 year old man. He deserves his teeth knocked down his throat.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31256 on: April 29, 2013, 11:50:29 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wptn5RE2I-k
Well judging by the video, looks like he did.

An error occurred, please try again later.

Also, from what I've read, he immediately turns to his cameraman to ask, "Did you get that?", and he was ruled to have no injuries by a court.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31257 on: April 29, 2013, 11:56:20 am »

Just figured I would write up a short description on how to edit in a cheat reaction into an existing world to answer a fellow forumer who's thread wasn't getting any replies.

It ended up being a page and a half long and took an hour to write.  Clearly my brain can't fathom 'short'.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31258 on: April 29, 2013, 12:45:35 pm »

... flying... flying dream...? I think... I think I just had one. Well, mostly flying. Context was video game and free form flight was one of the capabilities, so it was part flight part not. But still! First flying dream that I can remember! I've had similar movement systems before (swimming/underwater, "jump good"/long glide ones), but I think that was the first legit flight-for-main-critter-including dream I've had.

That was kinda' fun. Definitely a WTF, though. I was mostly expecting to never have one of those at this point, but I guess the subconscious finally found a way to excuse it. Go-go dream-MMO!

It's interesting how much dream flying is influenced by video games. A lot of my early flying dreams were based on flying systems in games, like Banjo-Kazooie. I always think flapping flight is the best, though. I love the sensation of pushing against the air with each wingbeat.

One of the advantages of being a naturally semi-lucid dreamer. :P I've had several boring or uncomfortable dreams where I eventually go "shit, let's be pterodactyls" and spend the rest of the dream wheeling around the treetops and dodging power lines.

...My recent WTF was being extremely sure I saw a reasonably-sized topic on this board specifically about the game "Ib", which I just played. I remember taking note of it so I could read it once I finished, but when I went to find it again to catch up on the discussion, apparently it never existed?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31259 on: April 29, 2013, 04:24:14 pm »

The morning supervisor called me "honey bun". Then she gave me a massive pot of chicken and celery soup and tasked me with disposing it, since it had an unfortunately large amount of salt dropped into it. Nearly burned myself on it, it came right off the heat.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 2082 2083 [2084] 2085 2086 ... 11040