Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1580 1581 [1582] 1583 1584 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14502979 times)

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #23715 on: December 07, 2012, 11:45:43 am »

T'was but a joke m'lad.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #23716 on: December 07, 2012, 12:30:45 pm »

Okay, Japan...WTF?
You had me at "Japan", no need for the link ;)

I am afraid that anything that is WTF enough to make someone go WTF about Japan, knowing how WTF is normal for Japan, I think that link is going to be so WTF that it is NSFW.
It's SFW, but perhaps not safe for sanity. It's something called the Telenoid R1. It's a robotic telepresence communication device. Simply put, two people have a pair of these....things (which look like amorphous, uncompleted human torsos with Uncanny Valley heads). Devices record the voice, facial expression and head movements of the speaker, and the robot on the other end acts them out as it talks.

In theory, it's a fascinating concept. In practice....well, just click on the link.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #23717 on: December 07, 2012, 12:39:57 pm »

WTF Youtube  ::)
Why do you look like shit again?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23718 on: December 07, 2012, 12:46:11 pm »

How stupid are people nowadays?! We had a guy come in, looking to sell back one of his schoolbooks. As he takes it out, he asks "Does it matter if it's a rental?" Obviously. If the book is rented, the only thing you can do is check it in*. So as he does this, he asks "Will I still get money back?"
DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF "RENTAL"?!

With a rental, you'd still save more money as you only pay roughly half the original price, while the most I've seen anyone get from selling it back, which is not even guaranteed, is around $14.00-$15.00, and books are often over ten times that.
Depends, How old are you? I get stufff coming out of my face all the time. Actually, there's a metric fuckton of things in your nose and stuff if you squeeze hard enough.
I was born in early 1987, so I'm twenty-five. My face usually has a few small zits that go away after popping them and don't normally scar. I take showers once or twice a day so I usually don't have problems with acne or body odor outside of what's on my face and the occasional bits on my arms, thighs, and butt. I was just impressed that there was a half-inch string of solid stuff spiraling out of a spot above my mustache when I was doing some maintenance on my face before I got into the shower.
Eh, stuff like that is normal for me. Then again, I figure I have a really bad case of psoriasis, so maybe you do too.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23719 on: December 07, 2012, 01:09:02 pm »

Macropinna microstoma

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Its a strange fish with a transparent head.  Its eyes can be rotated far enough that it actually looks up through its own transparent head.  In that picture those green things that you might think is its brain?  Those are its eyes pointing straight up.

Freaky fish are awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM9o4VnfHJU
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23720 on: December 07, 2012, 01:15:26 pm »

Macropinna microstoma

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Its a strange fish with a transparent head.  Its eyes can be rotated far enough that it actually looks up through its own transparent head.  In that picture those green things that you might think is its brain?  Those are its eyes pointing straight up.

Freaky fish are awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM9o4VnfHJU
*Is now wondering which would win in a fight, blobfish or transparent-headfish.*
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23721 on: December 07, 2012, 01:21:10 pm »

How stupid are people nowadays?! We had a guy come in, looking to sell back one of his schoolbooks. As he takes it out, he asks "Does it matter if it's a rental?" Obviously. If the book is rented, the only thing you can do is check it in*. So as he does this, he asks "Will I still get money back?"
DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF "RENTAL"?!

With a rental, you'd still save more money as you only pay roughly half the original price, while the most I've seen anyone get from selling it back, which is not even guaranteed, is around $14.00-$15.00, and books are often over ten times that.
Half the original price? Not around here, where you're lucky to "rent" a book for 80% of normal value in the worst cases. I've actually saved more money by buying and selling back then I have with returning rentals.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23722 on: December 07, 2012, 01:22:04 pm »

*Is now wondering which would win in a fight, blobfish or transparent-headfish.*

Fight?  It would probably be love at first sight.  :D
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #23723 on: December 07, 2012, 01:27:57 pm »

If by 'vague alien threat' you mean 'citizens of the empire'.
V-something-Vong, actually, iirc. I think. Maybe. Might' been the bakura lizard critters. Or something else, s'not like there's not probably dozens out there. Emperor was actually kinda' on the ball in a lot of ways, but gods know the SW continuity is all kinds of fucked up.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #23724 on: December 07, 2012, 01:28:42 pm »

Fight?  It would probably be love at first sight.  :D
Now somebody has to draw the children.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23725 on: December 07, 2012, 01:32:18 pm »

If by 'vague alien threat' you mean 'citizens of the empire'.
V-something-Vong, actually, iirc. I think. Maybe. Might' been the bakura lizard critters. Or something else, s'not like there's not probably dozens out there. Emperor was actually kinda' on the ball in a lot of ways, but gods know the SW continuity is all kinds of fucked up.
Yuuzhan Vong. But they didn't come around until a good deal of time after the Emperor's death. The Death Star was literally constructed to terrify the people of the Empire into submission, because that works so well.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23726 on: December 07, 2012, 01:34:17 pm »

Yuzhang Vhong or something something like that?

E: Close enough.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23727 on: December 07, 2012, 01:36:37 pm »

WMG says that the Yuuzhan Vong were actually Tau remnants fleeing to another galaxy.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23728 on: December 07, 2012, 01:49:01 pm »

WMG says that the Yuuzhan Vong were actually Tau remnants fleeing to another galaxy.
As in Warhammer 40,000 Tau? Where'd they get that idea? O_o
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23729 on: December 07, 2012, 01:55:28 pm »

The Tau aren't anywhere good enough at close combat to be the YV.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 1580 1581 [1582] 1583 1584 ... 11037