Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11028 11029 [11030] 11031 11032 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14393982 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #165435 on: August 24, 2024, 04:15:30 am »

Well then quote if you must. It's weird it's never the stuff that one considers most impactful oneself, that leaves the biggest impression. So don't be too dissapointed if this doesn't turn any heads, irl experience has me constrained to believe that I am a bad communicator.
let

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #165436 on: August 25, 2024, 09:39:11 pm »

Art is... whatever a person sees. I saw the lyrical message of a 70's/80's punk song there; raw emotions from dealing with raw edges.
I did need to chop about 30 characters and attempted to retain each pip of meaning.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2024, 09:41:35 pm by anewaname »
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #165437 on: August 27, 2024, 12:33:33 am »

YT is acting up, I'm thinking it's the ongoing adblocker wars escalating further. Videos will just start endlessly buffering after a minute or two of playing normally. Skipping ahead will resume normal play but certain spots just freeze up completely. Plus the video feed around those parts is supper choppy while the audio is fine.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #165438 on: August 27, 2024, 12:50:26 am »

I've been having the same thing on the android YT app, even ads some times buffer. I hav no issues on other streaming apps.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #165439 on: August 27, 2024, 05:09:46 am »

I have installed further adblockers, and Ill set the time for a couple seconds into the video via tbe t=2s or whatever.

I dont have an issue with mid video adverts, occasionally just the intro one
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #165440 on: August 27, 2024, 08:18:31 am »

I feel it is getting to the point where everybody will need an adblocker to just watch Youtube normally.

Youtube is implementing so much anti-adblocker stuff, that only adblockers will be able get through it.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #165441 on: August 27, 2024, 09:16:12 am »

A russian convicted murderer that was sent to fight in Ukraine and was pardonned has committed anther murder. Upon his return hom, he raped and killed his 85 year old mother.

He has been sentenced to 23 in prison. He wasn't sent to prison though, he was again sent to fight in Ukraine for a pardon.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #165442 on: August 27, 2024, 09:21:48 am »

He's making a list, and checking it twice, youre gonna find out
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #165443 on: August 27, 2024, 10:21:28 am »

You know, they should make it so that each year on the front counts for a set amount of years in prison. Such as 2 or 3. So in order to work off his prison sentence, he would have to be a soldier for 11.5 years.

And if the war stopped before he worked it off, or if he became unable to serve, he'd get sent back into prison for the remaining years.
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #165444 on: August 27, 2024, 11:16:51 am »

They don't exactly expect the penal recruits to survive. From what I've seen, they usually get sent to the hottest parts of the fighting. Or, at least, what's expected to be the hot zone.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #165445 on: August 27, 2024, 11:23:32 am »

I just discovered that my desinfection spray will prevent a band-aid from sticking to my skin for about 5 minutes, even if the skin appears dry sooner.

Not great when you accidentally cut yourself and want to desinfect the wound before putting a band-aid on. The bleeding stopped within those 5 minutes from just keeping pressure on it.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #165446 on: August 27, 2024, 11:36:36 am »

I just discovered that my desinfection spray will prevent a band-aid from sticking to my skin for about 5 minutes, even if the skin appears dry sooner.

Not great when you accidentally cut yourself and want to desinfect the wound before putting a band-aid on. The bleeding stopped within those 5 minutes from just keeping pressure on it.
If the bleeding stopped from 5 minutes of pressure, hey then you don't need the band-aid. Scratches anmd cuts heal faster in open air anyways.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #165447 on: August 27, 2024, 04:45:52 pm »

Honestly just skip it, get that powder thing that speeds up clotting massively (also is antibacterial I think). Just cleaning it and putting on that stuff gets you done with a wound in a couple of minutes tops. If it's a larger wound maybe get a light gauze wrap on top after it's solidified, but yeah, best to let the thing breathe unless you're spending time in a shitty environment.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #165448 on: August 27, 2024, 09:44:17 pm »

Protagonist: I won’t be manipulated by you *walks away*

Antagonist: *says something manipulative*

Protagonist: *walks back and proceeds to be manipulated*

I don’t know why I continue to play Jedi: Fallen Order with narrative like this and all the goddamn jank, but I apparently feel the need to continue torturing myself.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #165449 on: August 28, 2024, 02:01:31 am »

Some times you just gotta torture yourself, as to why, who knows but it must be done.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 11028 11029 [11030] 11031 11032 ... 11037