Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10126 10127 [10128] 10129 10130 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14550029 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #151905 on: June 13, 2020, 11:21:38 am »

I've taken to recording every time I play B&S, partly for amusing bugs like that and partly because there's so much going on that I often miss* - or for those moments when I do something really cool**. Unfortunately, I'm bad at keeping the action in frame.

This is my best attempt yet.

* The most common of which is new enemies tripping over the corpse pile and losing their weapon, which never fails to amuse me.
** Perhaps my favorite of which is coming up to a set of three sword-and-board people and dislimbing them with a few offhand slices while not even looking.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151906 on: June 14, 2020, 01:42:37 am »

Just started the second season of an Australian comedy called Rostered On, and my old street is one of the filming locations. O_o   
Been several months now since I moved but I still recognised it right away - it's the weird cafe/restaurant right at the top of the street, which I walked past just about every day unless I decided to go the other way, which would be considerably quicker if I was heading to the nearest bus stop. Not sure if they filmed inside of said cafe as well or just used some outside shots and filmed the interiors somewhere, but either way this is weirdly exciting for me right now.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #151907 on: June 14, 2020, 08:54:32 am »

Having lost our car keys we are stranded in the middle of darkest Småland with no connections or way home. Terrifying.
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #151908 on: June 14, 2020, 09:12:13 am »

Having lost our car keys we are stranded in the middle of darkest Småland with no connections or way home. Terrifying.
Build a fire. Cut some wood. Make some improvised spears.
Under no circumstances should you engage in conversation with any Smålanders. Don't look at them in the eye. Try to look larger than you are and look threatening. If nonetheless they approach roll into a ball and feign dead. Void youf bowels so that the illusion is more realistic.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151909 on: June 14, 2020, 09:33:54 am »

How are you posting this then?
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151910 on: June 14, 2020, 10:02:39 am »

Under no circumstances should you engage in conversation with any Smålanders. Don't look at them in the eye. Try to look larger than you are and look threatening. If nonetheless they approach roll into a ball and feign dead. Void youf bowels so that the illusion is more realistic.

No risk! I'm from Möre and am stuck in the middle of Finnveden, the most dangerous and bandit filled woods in all of Scandinavia:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

We've been feuding with the dirty fenwoodings for generations. I'm not letting them get a chance to stab me in the back the second I let my guard down. Which by the way is the traditional fenwood greeting of outsiders.

The water here tastes of iron. The legends say that it is the blood of all the outsiders murdered and dumped into the mires here that give the water it's taste.

We Mirefolk are a crafty people, wise in the ways of magic
Love, scriver~

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151911 on: June 15, 2020, 04:14:10 pm »

First day back at work. And very nearly quit.

What was supposed to be a training meeting regarding the new safety procedures and getting us all back into their payroll system turned into a full day. Also, when they told us that we'd be going home at 3:30, they didn't bother to tell me that they actually mean 4:30 until I got fed up and left at 4:25, along with everybody else who was already leaving. Especially since there was at least another half an hour's worth of work left.

Oh, and as for the new safety procedures which were given by a guy who gave half the explanation in English, before giving the full explanation in Spanish, then not finishing the explanation in English? Mostly ignored by everyone right away. The gloves they initially tried to give us were those food-service gloves, the ones that loosely hang off the wrist. In order to roll clothes, we now have to clear the aisle of customers, use a chain to block off one end of the aisle and the rolling rack to block off the other before hanging the merchandise. But then, every other aisle has a breakpoint in the middle so people can sidle in/out from/to the next aisle, which not only keeps this from being a massive fire hazard but also defeats the purpose of physically blocking the aisle. They seemed very overly proud of those breakpoints, as well as the fact they claimed to have waxed all the metal bars down so things slide along them easier.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #151912 on: June 15, 2020, 04:27:01 pm »

No risk! I'm from Möre and am stuck in the middle of Finnveden, the most dangerous and bandit filled woods in all of Scandinavia:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

We've been feuding with the dirty fenwoodings for generations. I'm not letting them get a chance to stab me in the back the second I let my guard down. Which by the way is the traditional fenwood greeting of outsiders.

The water here tastes of iron. The legends say that it is the blood of all the outsiders murdered and dumped into the mires here that give the water it's taste.

We Mirefolk are a crafty people, wise in the ways of magic

holy crap!  you live in middle earth?

guess I shouldn't be surprised that it looks out of a fantasy map
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151913 on: June 15, 2020, 05:09:58 pm »

Just another magical day in the magical realm of the Small Lands of Sweden, named so because they are small lands
Love, scriver~

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151914 on: June 15, 2020, 11:04:55 pm »

and here I thought it was because that's where the scandanavian hobbits live...

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #151915 on: June 15, 2020, 11:08:15 pm »

They totally do but don't use the h-word. It's considered a racial slur and it might just drive any swedish smallfolk into trying to bite your balls off.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151916 on: June 15, 2020, 11:24:46 pm »

I'm sorry, it's hobbitual.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151917 on: June 16, 2020, 12:31:12 am »

We prefer to be called "hober" or "halvlängdsmän" actually
Love, scriver~

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #151918 on: June 16, 2020, 10:22:51 am »

What does halvlängdsmän mean? Half-lenght man?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151919 on: June 16, 2020, 12:05:11 pm »

Half-length-men, yes
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 10126 10127 [10128] 10129 10130 ... 11038