Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9431 9432 [9433] 9434 9435 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14542247 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #141480 on: December 31, 2018, 09:31:32 pm »

Y'know, mostly your words just make me wonder if anyone's ever been stupid and/or intoxicated enough to actually do that. I know there's food served on fire so I presume there's booze on fire that isn't intended for arson, too. The question is if someone's been sufficiently low functioning to try to snort it.

E: Google seems to suggest that, at the least, no one's managed to make the news with an attempt. So there's that.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 09:35:01 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141481 on: December 31, 2018, 11:53:30 pm »

It's a slight step up from "The order of the blue flame" stupidity, so I am fairly sure somebody has been drunk/dumb enough to try it.

My own nephew was dumb enough to pour isopropyl alcohol all over his arm and light it on fire, thinking that the vapor rate would exceed the thermal transduction rate.  Thankfully he did not get seriously burned, but yeah.  Some people are not the brightest bulbs in the box.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #141482 on: December 31, 2018, 11:57:57 pm »

It's a slight step up from "The order of the blue flame" stupidity, so I am fairly sure somebody has been drunk/dumb enough to try it.

My own nephew was dumb enough to pour isopropyl alcohol all over his arm and light it on fire, thinking that the vapor rate would exceed the thermal transduction rate.  Thankfully he did not get seriously burned, but yeah.  Some people are not the brightest bulbs in the box.
Seems like a perfect case of "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing".  That he knew some of the concepts involved, and followed them to a counterintuitive conclusion, which *happened* to be wrong in this case.

Glad he wasn't badly burned.  I assume it's because he dropped and rolled when the flame on his skin was hotter than expected.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #141483 on: January 01, 2019, 02:03:49 am »

The new year begins with a storm

It's not really a wtf, we just lack a "things that made you feel romantic today" thread
Love, scriver~

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141484 on: January 01, 2019, 09:06:33 am »

In recent years, most emotions can be summed up to WTF, I think.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141485 on: January 01, 2019, 10:15:19 am »

GF stepped in the dogs' water bowl in the kitchen and spilled water around, something I've done a number of times (and part of why I started putting it on a bed of paper towels, along with catching the drips from normal usage). Ended up going from "calm" to "scalping time" in half a second. Apparently the floor is ruined and it's going to cost thousands and her evening is in shambles and it's probably my fault for not cleaning enough or something.

So I'm just taking an extended bathroom visit right now until things wind down out there. Hi y'all!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #141486 on: January 01, 2019, 03:00:05 pm »

GF stepped in the dogs' water bowl in the kitchen and spilled water around, something I've done a number of times (and part of why I started putting it on a bed of paper towels, along with catching the drips from normal usage). Ended up going from "calm" to "scalping time" in half a second. Apparently the floor is ruined and it's going to cost thousands and her evening is in shambles and it's probably my fault for not cleaning enough or something.

So I'm just taking an extended bathroom visit right now until things wind down out there. Hi y'all!

When in doubt poop it out.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #141487 on: January 02, 2019, 01:24:08 am »

That is indeed a wtf Kagus and I just reiterate that that sounds like an extremely unhealthy relationship and you deserve to not be in such a relationship.
Love, scriver~

Castlecliff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141488 on: January 02, 2019, 05:44:00 am »

It usually helps to place containers away from foot traffic.
Oh and slap dat bitch

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #141489 on: January 02, 2019, 06:37:17 am »

Holy shit yes, tell her the door is still intact and functionning. Giving people shit for her own fuck up, wth.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141490 on: January 02, 2019, 08:33:52 am »

...There are people on Bay12 who actually play Dead By Daylight?! :o

Although the new Smash Bros sounds pretty awful too, from what I'm hearing.   

Hearing from where?
The conversation about the game immediately prior to my comment?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141491 on: January 02, 2019, 08:56:43 am »

...There are people on Bay12 who actually play Dead By Daylight?! :o

Although the new Smash Bros sounds pretty awful too, from what I'm hearing.   

Hearing from where?
The conversation about the game immediately prior to my comment?
Feels like a bit of a non sequitur given that no one in that conversation said anything about the game was bad. Just about the lack of taunting in online mode (which one person said they disagreed with).

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141492 on: January 02, 2019, 08:59:29 am »

Holy shit yes, tell her the door is still intact and functionning. Giving people shit for her own fuck up, wth.
Well, technically the screws holding the handle in place have come loose and you can't actually pull on it anymore without ripping the whole thing out of the wood... But if you're careful, the door does still function.

It's also 100% in her name, as she owns the apartment and all two of its doors. Even the windows!

I can't really do much about the handle because I'd need to have the door open in order to do that, and we can't have the door open for any length of time when it's messy inside, because people might see. And it's always messy inside.

She didn't actually give me shit, but she got her "I'm not angry at you, I'm angry at this uncompleted chore which only coincidentally is assigned to you" voice and the available walking room in the kitchen is definitely hampered by the pile of paper/cardboard waste, which it is unofficially officially my job to take out, and I didn't feel like waiting around to hear that connection being made.

Although I can't actually take out the paper/cardboard waste right now, because it's sitting in a couple cardboard boxes that she apparently has plans for? I dunno.

I mean, the floor's kinda shit anyways, especially in the kitchen, and it's always been a long-term plan to replace it with something a bit better and more water-resistant than those snap-into-place laminate platters... But she's got this hangup about wetness getting into the floor because the floor doesn't tolerate wetness very well and it was a really long and exhausting day putting it all in, so if anything gets ruined then everything gets ruined and she'll have to do it all over again. She also sorta has a tendency where if something bad happens, it's the worst thing it could ever possibly be. Also most likely targeted directly at her personally because the universe hates her and she's perpetually unlucky and everything bad always happens to her. Again, didn't want to be around to hear about it.

She was kinda all over the place yesterday... Seething fury to cute-talking the dogs to frustrated sorrow to more rage. Probably the stress of today being her first day back at work since the 21st.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #141493 on: January 02, 2019, 11:15:49 am »

Edit : Well, shit. I have so many questions but I have to recognize it's ultimately not my business. Franckly I feel for you and wish you the best

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141494 on: January 02, 2019, 02:19:22 pm »

*snip*
Do you plan on marrying her one day?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.
Pages: 1 ... 9431 9432 [9433] 9434 9435 ... 11037