Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9343 9344 [9345] 9346 9347 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14559766 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #140160 on: November 17, 2018, 12:00:42 am »

Pokemons are sentience.

"I think, therefore I am a pokemon."
I think, therefore I pika-pika.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #140161 on: November 17, 2018, 12:52:51 am »

Dog's teeth generally only need brushing if they eat a lot of treats. But brushing could save you from ending up having to do tooth stone procedures at the vets' anyway. I dunno what is cheaper in the length of time.

My dad, a vet, doesn't seem particularly concerned about his dog's teeth, and doesn't brush them. So make of that what you will ;)
Love, scriver~

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #140162 on: November 17, 2018, 02:37:19 am »

Saruman left the city beautification committee out of his plans.
He left the MTA out too it seems... man I was in the city for an appointment and it feels like I dodged a bullet: the entire damn city is reeling from six inches of snow. It's unreal. We've been able to withstand multiple feet of snow in the past with far less disruption, but somehow six inches has caused chaos. Train delays, a thirty car pileup on the George Washington Bridge, bus crashes all over, students stranded... it's been actually insane. You'd think we were the deep south with our level of unpreparedness, but we get this every winter.

I mean, I think one reason for the trees is that most leaves seemed to still be on the trees pretty late this year, and when the snow came down (wet snow, the kind that clumps together) and came down fast, it seems like it knocked them down by sheer weight. Still though, feels super bizarre, especially knowing the city has survived much worse weather conditions with far less disruption. Every single department head and politician is pointing the finger at someone else. Oh well...
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140163 on: November 17, 2018, 04:17:14 am »

allowing them to live long, short, happy, rodent lives.
FTFY
Pouring one out for the ratties we've loved and lost...

And speaking of doggy dental health, our youngest had extreme plaque buildup and I'm actually quite worried he may suffer tooth decay... But I can't bring him in for an appointment myself because I'm technically not the owner, so I can't sign off for anesthetic usage, which is required for dental stuff.

Also the operation is somewhere on the order of 600-800 dollars, which can be painful to scrounge together on a disabilities check...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #140164 on: November 17, 2018, 07:28:42 am »

Dog's teeth generally only need brushing if they eat a lot of treats. But brushing could save you from ending up having to do tooth stone procedures at the vets' anyway. I dunno what is cheaper in the length of time.

My dad, a vet, doesn't seem particularly concerned about his dog's teeth, and doesn't brush them. So make of that what you will ;)
No offense meant to your father, but it could something akin to a medic chain-smoking.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #140165 on: November 17, 2018, 07:36:12 am »

You mean he doesn't brush his dog's teeth because of the constant stress of having responsibility for other people's lives? :P
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #140166 on: November 17, 2018, 08:16:43 am »

I chain double espresso shots instead. Healthier and keeps you awake. Possibly more risk of psychosis though
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #140167 on: November 17, 2018, 09:58:44 am »

I chain double espresso shots instead. Healthier and keeps you awake. Possibly more risk of psychosis though

Ah caffeine, the most commonly abused stimulant drug in the world. Diet ultra-lite meth if you will. And make mine a double 😛
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140168 on: November 17, 2018, 11:24:34 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:08:44 pm by dragdeler »
let

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #140169 on: November 17, 2018, 02:23:32 pm »

Furnaces:

Spent $1000 last year on repairs. (Issue persists).
Spent $200 so far this year for a guy to install a vent (to give it more air. Done this morning; issue persists).

Issue: It won't run with the door off. Green light flashes 3 times (I understand that to be an inducer issue).

Odd, considering just had vent installed. I need to leave without coming back to frozen pipes....
Guy is coming back. Not sure if this will be another charge, or if this will fix it. Here's hoping to resolve it soon.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #140170 on: November 17, 2018, 09:38:46 pm »

The more I learn about the chaos in NYC the other day the more my mind boggles. The entire damn region was crippled by six inches of snow. And I really do mean crippled. Cars straight up not moving, like scenes of people fleeing the path of a hurricane. The number of 6, 8 hour commutes home have been unreal. I mean shit, we've handled 24 inches more gracefully than this 6 inch storm. I haven't seen traffic this bad since that plane crash in 2006.

I mean, I'm really grateful I wasn't in the path of the storm and am learning all of this from others. But still, what the hell went wrong?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #140171 on: November 18, 2018, 01:52:40 am »

First snow storm of the year? Seems like plenty of people completely forget that winter is coming until theyre caught with their pants down with no snow tires, completely forget how to drive, etc. Sounds like the wind was gnarly too
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #140172 on: November 18, 2018, 04:05:54 am »

I live in NJ, some parts of our state had a similar problem.  PR rep was on the news for legit like 30 minutes apologizing and explaining what they can do differently next time.

From what I gather it wasn't the amount of snow, so much as they just... didn't send out plows.  Or at least the locals seem to be under the impression that very few plows were on the roads.  That level of snow isn't particularly rare were I live either, it should not have caused hours long traffic jams.

My area was spared, by way of getting less than an inch of snow.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #140173 on: November 18, 2018, 04:28:44 am »

There are times, in the dark depths of night, when I wonder things.

Things like:  Do kids today who only know of the female body as a mimetic anime or oversexualized body find the real thing disgusting?  Will they, like monks and worshipers of greek statues before them, find the idea of pubic hair on a girl gross?  Do they know they pee with that thing?  Like actually know this?

And then I wonder if females appreciate that penis' are pretty gross as well.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #140174 on: November 18, 2018, 04:37:52 am »

There are times, in the dark depths of night, when I wonder things.

Things like:  Do kids today who only know of the female body as a mimetic anime or oversexualized body find the real thing disgusting?  Will they, like monks and worshipers of greek statues before them, find the idea of pubic hair on a girl gross?  Do they know they pee with that thing?  Like actually know this?

And then I wonder if females appreciate that penis' are pretty gross as well.

Meanwhile in the street...

https://youtu.be/EwZhKGgmoUI
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 9343 9344 [9345] 9346 9347 ... 11040