Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9341 9342 [9343] 9344 9345 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14559932 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #140130 on: November 16, 2018, 02:15:41 pm »

Also even a completely wild pokerman becomes instantly tamed when put inside one of these acorn-crafted balls.

Obviously dark magic drugs.
And so it is finally revealed... Pokéballs are, in fact, acorn drugs.

There's no way White Apricorn isn't a flavor of something, somewhere.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #140131 on: November 16, 2018, 02:17:03 pm »

I was talking to someone about politics and noticed a funny thing. They said they hated liars then in the same breath defended a proven liar vociferously. I pointed this out and they didn't realize they'd done it. Twas WTFery.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140132 on: November 16, 2018, 02:21:40 pm »

The real WTF is where they realize they did it.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140133 on: November 16, 2018, 02:35:33 pm »

Yeah, I expected tribalism after I gave them facts and statistics.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140134 on: November 16, 2018, 03:01:51 pm »

Trying to exterminate vast, angry packs of lightning powered rodents sounds like a job with some sweet danger pay.

Nah, just hire some kid for like $3. The game is about cock fighting and child labor, after all.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140135 on: November 16, 2018, 03:37:19 pm »

Has it ever been officially depicted what the inside of a pokeball looks like from the pokemon's point of view? Is there any reason why we never see them being used on humans?
I remember hearing that pokeballs just don't work on humans, and iirc in the black and white anime ash uses one on Iris and it just kind of bounces off, really interesting thing is since they can catch riceballs/jelly donuts, they appear to work on a blacklist, meaning they could catch saaaaay, superman

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140136 on: November 16, 2018, 04:10:19 pm »

I'd say that has less to do with humans being different from pokemon and more to do with maybe if you're selling the things to children you'd program in a safety protocol that stops it from being used as a weapon.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140137 on: November 16, 2018, 04:13:20 pm »

Oh yes it's so dangerous to give someone an item that could potentially put someone in status for a while if you weakened them to the point where they can't struggle enough to get out.   Instead lets give the kids a semi-sentient flamethrower.

I can see myself as a very safe pokemon professor.  "Here ya go kid your choice is an Eevee, a sandshrew, or a Pidgey".   At least require them to raise the thing a little bit before they get the elemental forces of nature to bend to their will.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 04:19:09 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140138 on: November 16, 2018, 04:15:16 pm »

Well the kids have to earn that one so it's okay.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140139 on: November 16, 2018, 04:17:17 pm »

Oh yes it's so dangerous to give someone an item that could potentially put someone in status for a while if you weakened them to the point where they can't struggle enough to get out.   Instead lets give the kids a semi-sentient flamethrower.

I'd rather the kids have flamethrowers than the pedophiles have convenient, easily portable kid-catching magitek.
He's fucking with us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140140 on: November 16, 2018, 04:24:44 pm »

Also, the way I see it, in that universe it's perfectly normal for anyone to be theoretically capable of having a personal attack dragon. Might have been more dangerous before pokeballs existed, but all you need is to go catch a fire lizard and let it grow into a charazard.

But yeah, pokeballs being able to catch humans would be frightening. Once you're caught by that, there's no way to escape until whoever's holding the ball let's you out. It's not as destructive as a flamethrower, that doesn't make it less dangerous.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140141 on: November 16, 2018, 04:24:53 pm »

Also from what little I know of the anime Ash's pokemon at least have very little difficulty escaping the pokeballs on their own.   Though knowing ash it's probably because he's too stupid to know they have a lock or something.   I mean seriously this doofus beat how many gyms?  Does he ever get a basic understanding of type matchups in later seasons?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140142 on: November 16, 2018, 04:27:27 pm »

I wonder if a Pokemon spinoff that more seriously explored the ethical implications of the ubiquitous children pit fighting with demons and inescapable abduction and brainwashing spheres would be fun in a darkly humorous way.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #140143 on: November 16, 2018, 04:29:35 pm »

Canonically, they're not brainwashing spheres (or, for that matter, inescapable); wild pokémon all just really want to get caught because they know that bonding with a human is the best way to get STRONG and beat up all your friends.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140144 on: November 16, 2018, 04:34:23 pm »

Would be kind of interesting to have a more adult targeted pokemon game, talking about the various themes and implications that the other pokemon games so neatly sidestep.  Pit fighting, forced breeding of creatures that have shown reasoning ability and intelligence on par with humans, child abandonment (what else do you call releasing all those eevees that don't have good IVs?), criminal organisations willing to murder to get what they want... Their original playerbase are all adults now after all.

But Nintendo would probably be scared parents will see the pokemon title and buy it for their 5 year old.
Pages: 1 ... 9341 9342 [9343] 9344 9345 ... 11040