Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8619 8620 [8621] 8622 8623 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14517604 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #129300 on: December 09, 2017, 05:10:46 pm »

Last I checked, it was always considered part of autism, but some newer thing decided to merge them into one thing but still technically different, it's like shrodinger's disorder

They made it more a sliding scale/spectrum based on how debilitating it is.  Asp got put and rebranded on the higher/better part of the spectrum, as "High-Functioning Autism".
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #129301 on: December 09, 2017, 09:28:50 pm »

[Please do not quote:]

A nice person got screwed for posting something online. I even told her not to; she did anyhow. [sigh].
Newspaper comment thread.... So now she's fired. That sucks.
If nothing else, we're seeing if the newspaper can take it down (no you can't just delete with this  thing somehow).

Trying to get her another job. Not easy these days.... Also, the best oiled machine is the grapevine....

I am scared of people in power, because they have an unfortunate tendency to use it. Don't want to be the target of that.
One of the many reasons I lay low and do not like pissing people off if avoidable. Sadly, sometimes unavoidable.

[Please do not quote:]
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #129302 on: December 09, 2017, 09:36:14 pm »

Alternatively, "absolute power corrupts absolutely.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 10:48:02 pm by overseer05-15 »
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129303 on: December 09, 2017, 09:38:45 pm »

My left eye is hurting for some reason.

I don't know why.

I also don't know if keeping it closed is helping any. Doesn't seem like it is...
I get that sometimes. Drinking some tea and resting away from screens and other lights helps.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #129304 on: December 09, 2017, 09:44:31 pm »

Alternatively, "ansolute power corrupts absolutely.

Absolute power, however, is pretty nice.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #129305 on: December 09, 2017, 10:48:49 pm »

Alternatively, "absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Absolute power, however, is pretty nice.

So it is, so it is.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129306 on: December 10, 2017, 05:25:26 am »

My left eye is hurting for some reason.

I don't know why.

I also don't know if keeping it closed is helping any. Doesn't seem like it is...
I get that sometimes. Drinking some tea and resting away from screens and other lights helps.
That's a point. Could just be eye strain. Depending on the strength and location of the pain, could also be something of a migraine.
Might not even be from the eye, probably is but I remember when I last had "eye" pain it was actually my cheekbone causing pain to spread all across my head. Old injuries can be susceptible to damp and cold and thats what I had.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #129307 on: December 10, 2017, 09:35:13 am »

I'm fine now. Dunno what it was, just hope it doesn't come back again.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129308 on: December 10, 2017, 12:55:45 pm »

My borderlands 2 is broken -_- I died trying to kill assassin reeth, and now he won't spawn any more....

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #129310 on: December 10, 2017, 08:05:16 pm »

Wander into starting town. Find well with ladder. No idea why it's there, but hell, down the hole I go. Well suspiciously lacking in water, instead a bunch of rous1. *looks at 20 stack of rat meat* Was a bunch of rous. And torches. *9 new torches* Empty sconces.

Also barrels of gunpowder. Apparently timmy, being a modern man and stuck in a well, decided blast mining was the solution. Which is fair, blast mining is always the solution.

I've taken his forty pounds of leftover explosives. Left timmy down there. He's not dead yet, madam amnesiac klepto hobo (the murder prefix is awaiting finding whoever it is that's trying to put a hit out on timmy, because clearly someone is going to want me to kill the man in the exploding rat well) is going back out the well to see if someone will pay me to kill him... possibly with his own gunpowder, I'unno. We'll see how it goes.

Our intrepid heroine has started the day blundering into the smithy, the magic shop (mistakes made wrt both, most of what I bought I've found extras of already... except the pants. The pants were a good investment.), tried (failed) to shake down the sub-mayor thing for sword dosh, watched a macguffin hunter get headshot through a inn window, staggered randomly around the woods behind the graveyard rubbing their face on trees (found: More rous, well), stole a bunch of torches, killed a bunch of 1rats of unusual size. Leave the well as daybreak comes.

Thus ends day 1 of standard RPG behavioral patterns and the idle recognition of how casually absurd they can get. Something about starting the game with the motivation of "go have a nice meal in the nearby town" taking less than an in-game day to lead to meandering through the well full of rous and explosives in some rando's back yard, stealing torches along the way, made me notice it more than usual.

Also game's eschalon book 2, name the game no jerk, etc.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129311 on: December 11, 2017, 03:27:29 pm »

This new t-shirt of mine has a logo printed on the sleeve and I didn't even notice until yesterday. I've been wearing it quite a bit since I got it, a couple of weeks ago I think.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129312 on: December 11, 2017, 05:07:19 pm »

Speaking of T-shirts causing WTF...

A day or two ago I saw a seasonal shirt at Walmart that says "Express your Elf"

The first thing that came to mind was a giant compression-juicer, crushing elf juice out of said elf. That made me giggle. It wasn't until a bit later that I WTFed on realizing that this was probably not what the shirt maker had intended, and then I felt sad.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129313 on: December 11, 2017, 05:08:29 pm »

And that's the problem with too much dwarf fortress, more specifically,too much of the dwarf fortress community

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129314 on: December 11, 2017, 05:12:34 pm »

If you wear it, it can mean whatever you want it to.

In other wtf news, my housemates' cat seems to have decided to make a habit of pissing in my room. The door doesn't close properly, so I generally wedge it closed with some folded cardboard, but the stupid cat's learned how to shove it open.

This morning she pissed on my work shirt. And I didn't realise until I was about to leave for work. Ugh. Had to wear something else.

I really need to fix my door, or get the handle/latch replaced...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 8619 8620 [8621] 8622 8623 ... 11037