Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8168 8169 [8170] 8171 8172 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14436667 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #122535 on: May 28, 2017, 12:41:39 pm »

ripped its head off
Ew. How big WAS this fly?!
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #122536 on: May 28, 2017, 12:51:40 pm »

ripped its head off

Bigger than usual but not a mutant. Also, it's really quite easy to rip the fly's head off. Just place your forefinger and thumb on its head, then press and pull in the opposite direction of the head.

Speaking of mutants, in the previous summer, there was a HUGE-ASS wasp. Almost like a goddamn sparrow in terms of size. My mom was so afraid of it (she's afraid of every stinging insect, especially bees)...

BTW, Good night to everybody who's going to bed soon!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 12:53:50 pm by CrocAndBearLover »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #122537 on: May 28, 2017, 12:55:46 pm »

Just place your forefinger and thumb on its head,
I repeat, that sounds like a massive fly.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122538 on: May 28, 2017, 01:00:34 pm »

The fly might have had some medical issue that prevented it from responding like normal. Insects can be unwell, unconscious, etc.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122539 on: May 28, 2017, 01:01:51 pm »

Just place your forefinger and thumb on its head,
I repeat, that sounds like a massive fly.
I've seen some Bluebottles that would be large enough to do that to. But I prefer to spray them and wasps. Especially Wasp queens. Enormous SOBs that build a nest full of stinging bastards? Kill them asap.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122540 on: May 28, 2017, 01:06:26 pm »

ripped its head off

Bigger than usual but not a mutant. Also, it's really quite easy to rip the fly's head off. Just place your forefinger and thumb on its head, then press and pull in the opposite direction of the head.

Speaking of mutants, in the previous summer, there was a HUGE-ASS wasp. Almost like a goddamn sparrow in terms of size. My mom was so afraid of it (she's afraid of every stinging insect, especially bees)...

BTW, Good night to everybody who's going to bed soon!

Wasp Queen maybe? Those are generally bigger than the workers. Also, if you want HUGE wasp, look no further than the Asian Giant Hornets, the Japanese variant is the largest of the group I believe.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #122541 on: May 28, 2017, 01:48:04 pm »

Perhaps it was already dead?
After ripping off its head it likely was
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #122542 on: May 28, 2017, 02:45:00 pm »

We get giant hornets around here rarely. I can attest to their size. Some can be like two or three inches long.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122543 on: May 28, 2017, 02:47:08 pm »

Copied and pasted from the AmeriPol thread, kind of a milder WTF, but still WTFy in terms of what it is.

NHS security chief Kelly says that he's considering expanding the laptop ban to ALL flights going TO AND FROM the US. I fail to see how that would keep us safe because all it does is put the potential bombs in the cargo hold, where they would be just as effective. Not to mention the concerns of having all those lithium batteries in the hold and the impact that it would have on the airlines.

Also, here, he gives one reason (or a partial reason) is that people are overpacking their carryon bags which is making it harder for the screeners to look at things. However, you have to take the laptop out of the bag ANYWAY, so, it kind of seems somewhat moot to me.

It just seems more like a fortress/bunker mentality thing than something that would actually keep us safe.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #122544 on: May 28, 2017, 06:43:47 pm »

so i bought new  perfume today, needing more and memorial day sales and et al.

the lady walks me through her priority lineup until i get one i like.  $120.  then she tries to sell me a $30 bag in which to carry said pheromone substitute.  i get her to throw in a $25 store credit.  she was overjoyed, complimenting me and calling me a nice guy and in shape.

now im paranoid.  why am i paranoid?

i mean, i guess she  could be driven by sales volume and the credit is superfluous?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122545 on: May 28, 2017, 06:56:53 pm »

Nah, by all accounts women tend to be driven wild by even the idea of a man wearing actual perfume.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122546 on: May 28, 2017, 07:38:03 pm »

People have been crazy today.  I'm starting to think memorial day weekend brings out the crazies.

One person opened up package of tape, ripped up a bag of 1 dollar candy, (spilling skittles everywhere I later find) crudely taped the candy's barcode to a big $20 dollar plastic swimming pool and got pissed off when I scanned a bar code from the large items sheet instead of the bar code he tampered with.  After he insisted the price wasn't right and I scan the pool itself (I could clearly see something was off about it, but as the place was a discount store I gave him the benefit of the doubt) the screen clearly says 'skittles $1' and I was not fooled.  When I offered to call the manager to sort things he refused and just threw the pool across the floor and went back into the store.

A few minutes later he comes up with a shoppingcart full of cases of beer, and claims that half of them are free because they are buy one get one free. Which was an ad run over a week ago that is no longer valid.  To his credit he still had the old flier.  I point out the expiration date as well as the 'limit 4' and he demands to see the manager.  I oblige and take care of the now long line on the communal register while the manager talks to him.  A few minutes later I hear him yell that we are all going to hell for being bad Christians, that he's gunna sue, and he throws the cart over making a huge mess while cussing and swearing out the door.

I am not Christian, but I don't think his own fellows want him.  That's just the worst of it today, that's ignoring the clearly under 21 kids who lost their minds after I ID'd them for beer, and the guy trying to buy over $500 worth of gift cards with a visa card that's name didn't match his id, who claimed I was being prejudice for following anti money laundering rules.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122547 on: May 28, 2017, 08:06:38 pm »

I didn't know Christians were well known for being pushovers and fools.

Also my sympathy Greiger.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #122548 on: May 28, 2017, 08:16:30 pm »

Retail is fun, isnt it? :v

I've been yelled at by a drunk guy for asking for an ID before. He didnt even have his wallet. Looked like some almost-college kid. Still swore he was gonna beat me up as he waddled out the door.

We were selling ice like crazy today. I refilled the cooler three times, and the freezers outside were completely empty. Then the distributor for it shows up as I'm leaving. Not my problem now :v
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122549 on: May 28, 2017, 08:30:42 pm »

People have been crazy today.  I'm starting to think memorial day weekend brings out the crazies.

One person opened up package of tape, ripped up a bag of 1 dollar candy, (spilling skittles everywhere I later find) crudely taped the candy's barcode to a big $20 dollar plastic swimming pool and got pissed off when I scanned a bar code from the large items sheet instead of the bar code he tampered with.  After he insisted the price wasn't right and I scan the pool itself (I could clearly see something was off about it, but as the place was a discount store I gave him the benefit of the doubt) the screen clearly says 'skittles $1' and I was not fooled.  When I offered to call the manager to sort things he refused and just threw the pool across the floor and went back into the store.

A few minutes later he comes up with a shoppingcart full of cases of beer, and claims that half of them are free because they are buy one get one free. Which was an ad run over a week ago that is no longer valid.  To his credit he still had the old flier.  I point out the expiration date as well as the 'limit 4' and he demands to see the manager.  I oblige and take care of the now long line on the communal register while the manager talks to him.  A few minutes later I hear him yell that we are all going to hell for being bad Christians, that he's gunna sue, and he throws the cart over making a huge mess while cussing and swearing out the door.

I am not Christian, but I don't think his own fellows want him.  That's just the worst of it today, that's ignoring the clearly under 21 kids who lost their minds after I ID'd them for beer, and the guy trying to buy over $500 worth of gift cards with a visa card that's name didn't match his id, who claimed I was being prejudice for following anti money laundering rules.
Those are some stupid attempted criminals.
Pages: 1 ... 8168 8169 [8170] 8171 8172 ... 11040