Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7882 7883 [7884] 7885 7886 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14489172 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #118245 on: February 16, 2017, 02:54:10 pm »

Ooooohh so I wasn't drunk, I was dark phobic?

That was... weird... I always assumed that with my heart rate going up I was eventually going to have a heart attack... Especially with the whole "Darkness is alive and will kill you!" message.

Kind of funny that I thought going phobic was my drunkenness kicking in... because it SURE does seem that way... What with it sometimes going right down to the ground like I am starting to heave.

No... No...

Amnesia has nothing to do with being drunk. This is not the story of waking up after a late night getting crunk with your older friend in his castle and having to chase him down because he stole your keys so you couldn't drive home.

Thought, admittedly, I can see how you might keep that misconception for a while.

Honestly, being deathly afraid of the dark is pretty fuckin' legit for that guy- all things considered.  Have you actually played through all the way?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118246 on: February 16, 2017, 02:59:06 pm »

I know we weren't legitimately drunk drunk... But the Camera wonkiness was sooooo wobbly, even to ludicrous degrees (at one point the only way for my view to have gotten to that point... would be if my character LITERALLY put his ear to the floor)

I also find it interesting that even though he has Amnesia... he remembers everything... but doesn't remember (it is complicated... But some stuff is real and some stuff isn't real... It seems like... you are guiding yourself. Which is an interesting concept. Gives himself amnesia... but the part of his mind that remembers creates obstacles to guide him correctly)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #118247 on: February 16, 2017, 03:46:10 pm »

I don't mean to prey, but:
I think you mean "pry". Prying on someone is rude, preying on someone is how you end up with an unflattering mugshot of you splayed over the evening news.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118248 on: February 16, 2017, 04:02:10 pm »

Crap. The choices I came up with were 'prey' and 'pray', and I thought I picked the right one.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118249 on: February 16, 2017, 04:10:39 pm »

Hello, dear friend! My name is Nichole. I am satisfied that Ican unite to the whole world. I live in Denmark, in the REGION SJALLAND region. I dream to visit the various countries, to obtain acquainted with intriguing people

OHH CRUD!!! the Incans are uniting the whole world? We are doomed!

Haven't you played Inca? Their panflute music and golden spaceships will destroy us!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #118250 on: February 16, 2017, 04:14:08 pm »

Hello, dear friend! My name is Nichole. I am satisfied that Ican unite to the whole world. I live in Denmark, in the REGION SJALLAND region. I dream to visit the various countries, to obtain acquainted with intriguing people

Haven't you played Inca? Their panflute music and golden spaceships will destroy us!

Come on man, all they ask for is for you to give your heart

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #118251 on: February 16, 2017, 04:17:33 pm »

Come on man, all they ask for is for you to give your heart

That's mexicans. Incans just wanted to chill with their incan mummies in their incan empire, being ruled by their inca and praising the Inca.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #118252 on: February 16, 2017, 05:22:19 pm »

Perhaps the WTFiest school-related WTF.

The other day I took a midterm that I absolutely could not have done well on. 130 multiple-choice questions covering every single section we've studied thus far. About 1/4 of every lecture, I'm looking at Facebook meme pages or chatrooms or something else that isn't taking notes. I didn't read the last several chapters of the text. I took the practice exam and literally was unable to answer half the questions. I was too sick and busy with other classes to study effectively the week prior. My "studying" was hurriedly skimming a few pages minutes before going in to take the test.

97%.

I quit. I'm done. I'm going home.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 05:24:25 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #118253 on: February 16, 2017, 05:34:01 pm »

Eh, it's multiple choice. The correct answer is on the page somewhere.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118254 on: February 16, 2017, 05:42:02 pm »

Eh, it's multiple choice. The correct answer is on the page somewhere.

I do find it funny when multiple choice questions answer themselves... or future questions answer earlier ones

"What is the formula for water?"

"How does Water or H2O bond when frozen?"

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #118255 on: February 16, 2017, 05:50:33 pm »

Alright, so, you got 126 questions correct. Assuming you were guessing totally randomly, that's a probability of 4.9662e-70, which is pretty goddamn improbable. However, you said you were able to answer half the questions, so it's really only 65 questions that you're in the dark on, and you only need to get 61 of those correct to get your nice 97%. So, if I assume 4 choice mult choice, then your probability spikes to 4.0290e-32, which is many trillions of times more likely to occur. However, this is a multiple choice test, and so, while you might not be able to know the correct answer, you have paid 75% of the requisite attention, and so (if you're decent at tests) you should be able to knock it down to one of 2 options instead of one of four. Under that assumption you're still at 1.8351e-14.

Personally, and this is a bit of a statisticians lean, I think it's more likely that if you're paying 75% attention, you should be able to have a 75% chance of picking a correct answer on a multiple choice test. That gives you a probability of  6.3257e-05, which is no longer a one in several trillion shot, more like a one in six-hundred-thousand. Those are lottery odds.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118256 on: February 16, 2017, 06:00:56 pm »

Had to work with half a dozen people walking out for some anti-Trump protest. I also made the mistake of telling my mother this, because she seemed upset that they didn't lose their jobs for it, only the day's pay(and even then, they still worked 2-3 hours, so there's that).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #118257 on: February 16, 2017, 06:14:13 pm »

Personally, and this is a bit of a statisticians lean, I think it's more likely that if you're paying 75% attention, you should be able to have a 75% chance of picking a correct answer on a multiple choice test. That gives you a probability of  6.3257e-05, which is no longer a one in several trillion shot, more like a one in six-hundred-thousand. Those are lottery odds.
Though one thing you might be missing is that the answers themselves usually aren't totally random. You'll have higher scores if you answer all Cs or stuff along those lines, and that's not even getting into the whole individually weighted sections thing that comes up often enough. Exactly which 25% you missed can play a major role, too. It's far from difficult to miss 3/4ths of a class and still get everything that's on the test. Other junk involved as well, heh. Problem with rolling with a statistician's view in regards to tests is that the folks making the tests usually aren't statisticians :P

... or aided in any way by them, for that matter. From what I've seen it's pretty uncommon for actually statistical consideration to get much involved with ground level educational concerns (such as making tests, deciding the content and delivery of a particular lesson, etc.), which can lead to odd trends and probabilities a straightforward statistical analysis isn't particularly likely to predict.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118258 on: February 16, 2017, 07:30:22 pm »

Answering multiple choice is a skill all of its own. Half the time you can infer the answer just by looking at how each option is different. If I was given this set of answers:
a) 1.377
b) 13.77
c) 1.376
d) 137.7
I would pick a) before even looking at the question because we can see what the markers are testing for. In this case, if we got our powers of ten wrong, and if we somehow still don't know how rounding works. The only answer that tests both in a congruent way is a).
The trick is when the markers know people do that. hehehe
If my worked answer proved to be c) I would double check my working a couple times.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118259 on: February 16, 2017, 07:39:54 pm »

The problem when markers know that...

They often try to compensate by making the questions and answers almost indecipherable or a trick question in it of itself.
Pages: 1 ... 7882 7883 [7884] 7885 7886 ... 11037