Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7860 7861 [7862] 7863 7864 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14478990 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #117915 on: February 09, 2017, 05:55:26 pm »

Started playing Crysis 2. Got to the spot where you pick up a sniper rifle for first time. The main feature of the area is a small building on the water, pretty thick with enemies. I snipe one guy in the opposite direction of that building, but someone must have seen it(there was a gun-jeep that I missed before when scanning the area) and raised the alarm. The guards by the building immediately start performing a clearing on the building, including tossing grenades into rooms. Judging by the screams I heard, they were blowing each other up. They did this more than once before they figured out I was no where near the building.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #117916 on: February 09, 2017, 06:10:15 pm »

Started playing Crysis 2. Got to the spot where you pick up a sniper rifle for first time. The main feature of the area is a small building on the water, pretty thick with enemies. I snipe one guy in the opposite direction of that building, but someone must have seen it(there was a gun-jeep that I missed before when scanning the area) and raised the alarm. The guards by the building immediately start performing a clearing on the building, including tossing grenades into rooms. Judging by the screams I heard, they were blowing each other up. They did this more than once before they figured out I was no where near the building.

In other words, the AI is smart enough to be stupid?

Wow. Most of my teammates in multiplayer aren't even smart enough to be smart.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #117917 on: February 09, 2017, 06:15:36 pm »

Crytek has been really, really good at AI ever since the original FarCry. It is one of the few cases where I wish a game had been uglier, as the games really got overlooked back in the day due to a combination of very high system requirements and a perception that the high-end graphics meant shallow gameplay.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #117918 on: February 09, 2017, 06:22:38 pm »

Crytek has been really, really good at AI ever since the original FarCry. It is one of the few cases where I wish a game had been uglier, as the games really got overlooked back in the day due to a combination of very high system requirements and a perception that the high-end graphics meant shallow gameplay.
The AI was maybe too good, actually. I remember complaints back when Crysis was released, because the "supersoldier" that you were playing as, didn't really feel super due to enemy soldiers with basic AKs swiftly surrounding and killing them unless they were abusing stealth.
._.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #117919 on: February 09, 2017, 06:29:21 pm »

Yeah, most of my Crysis memories are of sneaking around trying not to get seen.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #117920 on: February 09, 2017, 06:41:48 pm »

It's designed in that manner. You're as powerful as a normal FPS protagonist, but the game is using this to balance out its realism, so by comparison you seem weak. You're still much more powerful than any of the normal soldiers, it's just that the game permits them to use their numerical advantage against you.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #117921 on: February 09, 2017, 06:44:20 pm »

i didnt get to work out today.

1st day in like two months i havent.  i feel tight and ansty.

im withdrawing, man
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #117922 on: February 09, 2017, 06:46:56 pm »

Not as WTF-worthy as my last post, but my Acer laptop (with Windows 10) has the software to unzip .zip files and mount iso files.

Since when have computers been able to do that without third-party software?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #117923 on: February 09, 2017, 06:48:35 pm »

windows 10 granted mounting software as default.
unzipping was in there since like xp at least
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #117924 on: February 09, 2017, 06:49:15 pm »

Native ZIP support was added in Windows XP. ISO support was added in 8, IIRC.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117925 on: February 09, 2017, 08:43:33 pm »

I do not care what anyone says about humanity, everything we have ever done was completely worth it JUST BECAUSE THIS THING CAME INTO EXISTENCE
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #117926 on: February 09, 2017, 09:03:51 pm »

I do not care what anyone says about humanity, everything we have ever done was completely worth it JUST BECAUSE THIS THING CAME INTO EXISTENCE

Back in the day, when game plots were simpler.
And we actually liked it that way.

I wonder if this is one of the things we should constantly be bugging our grandchildren about? :p
Assuming some of us will actually have grandchildren one day.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #117927 on: February 09, 2017, 09:12:57 pm »

Concieving children will soon be forbidden by the new world order, and all citizens will be forcibly sterilized.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #117928 on: February 09, 2017, 09:35:06 pm »

Concieving children will soon be forbidden by the new world order, and all citizens will be forcibly sterilized.

Nahnahnah, just the poor ones.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #117929 on: February 09, 2017, 10:31:47 pm »

Nahnahnah, just the poor ones.

And the genetically unfortunate.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway
Pages: 1 ... 7860 7861 [7862] 7863 7864 ... 11037