Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7611 7612 [7613] 7614 7615 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14488641 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #114180 on: November 25, 2016, 03:11:51 am »

Well, there are tons of cool skins, engravings and so on, maybe some camo. The thing is a lot of them change barely anything and are supposed to be good skins.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114181 on: November 25, 2016, 03:38:07 am »

Read the daily mail comments on the Article about the IFS announcement that this may become the worst decade for low earners in Britian.
Someone get me a stiff drink.
Think I may need to expand my guns cabinet in the face of these people shouting "OUR WAY OR RIOTS, RAPE AND DEATH!"

Edit. For the Local Police who may use this as an excuse to not reissue my license, this is a joke/ act of hyperbole.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 03:45:18 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114182 on: November 25, 2016, 03:49:31 am »

So apparently some combination of DICE and EA decided that Battlefield 1 should get on the random-drop loot boxes containing weapon skins thing. And they don't make you waste $2.50 if you want to open one. It's free. And if you want, you can scrap the skin and save up to get a box with a guaranteed rare drop.

2016 amirite

Mass effect 3's multiplayer gave points for playing and especially winning matches, and you could spend them or real money (or bioware points or w/e) on crates, of which there were several choices with different costs and content rarities. It worked pretty well. Funded the servers, probably.

I'd only be surprised if you can't get buy the lockboxes in bf1 with real money.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114183 on: November 25, 2016, 04:18:35 am »

Heh, after that whole scenario with the 'New Balance' shoe brand becoming bizarrely affiliated with white supremacy, their shoes are selling cheap as chips online. Well, not literally. Unless you tend to eat very, very expensive chips. But yeah, if you've ever wanted to slap a pair of NBs 'round your hooves, now's the time to do it without breaking the bank.

Y'know, perhaps now would be a good time to buy them in bulk, for future re-sale once this stupidity blows over and is forgotten...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114184 on: November 25, 2016, 04:23:06 am »

Didn't that happen because their CEO went and said he supported Trump?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #114185 on: November 25, 2016, 09:47:34 am »

Read the daily mail comments
There's your problem.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #114186 on: November 25, 2016, 10:55:21 am »

I tend to separate real social justice envelope pushers from the ditto warriors. One wants a very agreeable sort of change, the other are in need of something to fight and shout for. The former would challenge and discuss cases of negative cultural appropriation (like, say, an advert for burglar alarms featuring a hurtful depiction of stereotyped gypsies, for instance), while the latter would slap a great notice boards on any non-anglosaxon culture expressions saying "Whities may not touch". Et cetera, et cetera...

(I do wonder where the Souls series sit with the latter; it's appropriation, but I suppose its good or ill depends on how Europeans and Japanese are in relation to each other on their scale. Of course, I bring up the Souls series because it's an excellent example of how fiddling with other cultures can create something great)

I do think that the need for a cause, a banner and a struggle is one of the greatest needs in a human being. Some people, for various reasons, need it more than others, of course, but it's a common need. That was what that whole GG business was mainly about, as far as I could see. Two blocks of very young people, attaching themselves to a cause and joining the struggle. It's also a large question of identity, finding and joining a cause, particularly when you are young and working to chisel out an identity. I did that. Most of us no doubt did.

Well, moving on... Batterfield 1. I don't know. The whole skin thing is not at all as awful as it could be.

I have decided not to buy it, though. Now that I have had a look. The Great War setting seems mismanaged, schizophrenic. As if they couldn't decide if they wanted swashbuckling 1910's action or another sombre monument to the horrid waste or futility of that war, so they said "why not both?". Historical where it suits, not historical where that suits. It would've been so easy to balance it. The Public has become rather used to alternative realities and history scenarios, they could've just made one up. Then, they could've had room for everything they pleased, without the setting and the mood beginning to chafe. Plus, with EA recently back to locking down people's games behind their backs, I don't want to give them the tiniest bit of support.

I wanted to lope people's ears off from my charging steed. But not enough to forego my admittadly petty principles.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #114187 on: November 25, 2016, 01:29:00 pm »

BF1 weapon skins? What?
The BF1 skin thing is not perfect. You get a lot of duplicates, quality of many skins is shit (basically, more worn out wood with lots of scratches on metal and occasional bandage-tape there and here is a skin in BF1)
Well actually, that sounds kind of cool. At least it isn't completely all-out anachronistic blue camo or something.
Although they're hardly even pretending to be a WW1 game now anyway. I stand by my "dieselpunk" description of the game, seems to fit. :P
Yeah, they're quite nice. I got one of the special ones already and they are very much in that vein, basically polished brass and pretty wood furniture.

So apparently some combination of DICE and EA decided that Battlefield 1 should get on the random-drop loot boxes containing weapon skins thing. And they don't make you waste $2.50 if you want to open one. It's free. And if you want, you can scrap the skin and save up to get a box with a guaranteed rare drop.

2016 amirite

Mass effect 3's multiplayer gave points for playing and especially winning matches, and you could spend them or real money (or bioware points or w/e) on crates, of which there were several choices with different costs and content rarities. It worked pretty well. Funded the servers, probably.

I'd only be surprised if you can't get buy the lockboxes in bf1 with real money.
Of course they are available like that, and I'm sure some rich suckers buy them. But the drop rate is actually quite generous, something like 16% of every match gets one; I've averaged ~1 per two hours, and already got one of the rare skins.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #114188 on: November 25, 2016, 03:17:06 pm »

I tend to separate real social justice envelope pushers from the ditto warriors. One wants a very agreeable sort of change, the other are in need of something to fight and shout for. The former would challenge and discuss cases of negative cultural appropriation (like, say, an advert for burglar alarms featuring a hurtful depiction of stereotyped gypsies, for instance), while the latter would slap a great notice boards on any non-anglosaxon culture expressions saying "Whities may not touch". Et cetera, et cetera...

(I do wonder where the Souls series sit with the latter; it's appropriation, but I suppose its good or ill depends on how Europeans and Japanese are in relation to each other on their scale. Of course, I bring up the Souls series because it's an excellent example of how fiddling with other cultures can create something great)

I do think that the need for a cause, a banner and a struggle is one of the greatest needs in a human being. Some people, for various reasons, need it more than others, of course, but it's a common need. That was what that whole GG business was mainly about, as far as I could see. Two blocks of very young people, attaching themselves to a cause and joining the struggle. It's also a large question of identity, finding and joining a cause, particularly when you are young and working to chisel out an identity. I did that. Most of us no doubt did.

Well, moving on... Batterfield 1. I don't know. The whole skin thing is not at all as awful as it could be.

I have decided not to buy it, though. Now that I have had a look. The Great War setting seems mismanaged, schizophrenic. As if they couldn't decide if they wanted swashbuckling 1910's action or another sombre monument to the horrid waste or futility of that war, so they said "why not both?". Historical where it suits, not historical where that suits. It would've been so easy to balance it. The Public has become rather used to alternative realities and history scenarios, they could've just made one up. Then, they could've had room for everything they pleased, without the setting and the mood beginning to chafe. Plus, with EA recently back to locking down people's games behind their backs, I don't want to give them the tiniest bit of support.

I wanted to lope people's ears off from my charging steed. But not enough to forego my admittadly petty principles.
[PEDANT_WARNING_START]

That would be "lop people's ears off," not "lope."

[PEDANT_WARNING_END]
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #114189 on: November 25, 2016, 03:24:32 pm »

Did I write lope? Oh, dear, yes, I did. Thank you. I did mean lop, and I really ought to get a decent spell checker installed one of these days.

I blame the vodka, above the being foreign in this case.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #114190 on: November 25, 2016, 03:31:38 pm »

They tied the rope at his throat and when he dropped he was smote; his head went rolling with a lope.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114191 on: November 25, 2016, 03:42:31 pm »

spill chukar wood nut kelp, eats areal world*

* spell checker would not help, it's a real word

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #114192 on: November 25, 2016, 03:45:36 pm »

we desperately need the computer to do the grammar checking for us, its hard to be a grammar nazi right now.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #114193 on: November 25, 2016, 03:46:00 pm »

Well, true. Spell checkers does come with awfully strange suggestions, sometimes. The one that had muscled its way into my old Skype had some odd ideas. It always wanted to change 'höra' (hear) to 'hora' (whore), for reasons best known to itself. I wonder if an english one would be quite so foul-mouthed.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114194 on: November 25, 2016, 03:48:26 pm »

It always wanted to change 'höra' (hear) to 'hora' (whore), for reasons best known to itself. I wonder if an english one would be quite so foul-mouthed.

Hahahaha...

"Now whore this!" "Can you whore me now?"
Pages: 1 ... 7611 7612 [7613] 7614 7615 ... 11037