Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7266 7267 [7268] 7269 7270 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14473671 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #109005 on: September 07, 2016, 08:26:40 pm »

You know, it just clicked for me but the policy of organ harvesting in the PRC suddenly looks like a terrible idea even from a pragmatic standard. You're taking them from people with a greater likelihood of drug abuse and disease.

I wonder how well that's checked for...
Heh. I just finished World War Z the other day and this struck a chord.
If you just finished it, you should go ahead and read this.

Don't worry, it's short.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #109006 on: September 07, 2016, 08:30:01 pm »

You know, it just clicked for me but the policy of organ harvesting in the PRC suddenly looks like a terrible idea even from a pragmatic standard. You're taking them from people with a greater likelihood of drug abuse and disease.

I wonder how well that's checked for...
Imprison them, feed them healthy diet on a work farm, get them physically fit and detoxed, screen for health defects and execute on order of demand

Lol jk it's worse now since they stopped harvesting from executed prisoners, they had to rely on organ donations from the public (and continue with some extra harvesting under the guise of "oh no we totally can't get everyone in compliance"). Yet organ donations rates are the lowest in the world due to cultural significance of burying a whole body, and so the best organs usually go to whoever is best connected, resulting in a very thriving black market where for a certain price anything is possible if you don't care too much about medical screening

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #109007 on: September 07, 2016, 09:45:17 pm »

As an agnostic, being told that I "really do know God is real, I just won't admit it to myself."

Hmm. Reeealy tempted to get nasty mean.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109008 on: September 07, 2016, 09:47:44 pm »

I know It doesn't, and I'm happy to admit it to anyone who'll listen!

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #109009 on: September 07, 2016, 10:13:50 pm »

But how can you really know? I wouldn't say that Russell's Teapot "definitely doesn't exist." That's why agnosticism is the annoying, pedantic, and yet technically more correct form of atheism. (Not that it matters.)
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #109010 on: September 07, 2016, 10:17:21 pm »

'cept you can get agnostic theists, so not really :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109011 on: September 07, 2016, 10:19:15 pm »

I don't use a mouse, since I've got a mousekeys setup that I prefer with the numpad.

This means that I don't use a scroll wheel, and instead hit the arrow keys and pg up/dn to go through pages.

Twitter is always annoying, randomly lets me do this normally but most of the time it doesn't, so I'm glad I never go there.

Today I followed a link there and noticed why this stupid behavior happens.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Why is there an extra scroll bar? You are not that important twitter, why did you disable the one I had already?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #109012 on: September 07, 2016, 10:26:02 pm »

But how can you really know? I wouldn't say that Russell's Teapot "definitely doesn't exist." That's why agnosticism is the annoying, pedantic, and yet technically more correct form of atheism. (Not that it matters.)
Nah, it definitely doesn't exist anymore. I've got the bits of melted porcelain to prove it.

Though I guess you could say there's still some orbiting. Which is fine. They'll get their due.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #109013 on: September 07, 2016, 10:34:02 pm »

??? What is "agnostic theism"? Sounds like colorless green ideas sleeping furiously.
Sigtext!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109014 on: September 07, 2016, 10:36:49 pm »

Sometimes people tell me that certain things exist, but I never believe them.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #109015 on: September 07, 2016, 10:58:49 pm »

??? What is "agnostic theism"? Sounds like colorless green ideas sleeping furiously.
Well, agnostic atheism is believing there is no god, but you can never really know, after all.

Agnostic theism is believing there is a god, but you still can't ever be sure.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #109016 on: September 07, 2016, 11:09:58 pm »

Well, agnostic atheism is believing there is no god, but you can never really know, after all.

I thought the latter was more you believed there is a god, but you don't know which one is the real god?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109017 on: September 07, 2016, 11:11:42 pm »

I thought the latter was more you believed there is a god, but you don't know which one is the real god?

And then of course there's agnostic agnosticism, in which you know you're agnostic, but can't ever be truly sure what exactly that entails.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #109018 on: September 07, 2016, 11:13:00 pm »

It can mean you believe in a higher power, but not necessarily the ones in the various "holy" texts.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109019 on: September 07, 2016, 11:13:19 pm »

And there is Intermediatism.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.
Pages: 1 ... 7266 7267 [7268] 7269 7270 ... 11037