Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 2 - Over - Mafia ULTRASUPERWIN! Toaster & Zathras ROXORZZ!!  (Read 22173 times)

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 2 - Started - Day 1
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2010, 08:44:32 pm »

In order:
Shush
Give me a link to my last "useful" post so I can reread faster

If you won't help then you forfeit the right to complain. I'm rereading either way but it'll be faster if you take time off from whining about me to be useful to my catching up.

Yeah, the one about "forcing people to stay active", as he said. And we forfeit nothing. Do your own homework and fight your own battles, scum.

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2010, 10:00:59 pm »

Breadbocks, since forcing people to look at me doesn't work quite so hawtt in small games, I'm instead going to make sure everyone is forced to stay active.

Zathras:

1) Don't buddy me. You're like "GRAWR TOWN LOSES BECAUSE OF YOU" for days then the game starts and I'm suddenly "da man"? What changed?
2) Why would you ask Spade that? If he tells you how he scumslips it's totally null if he does those things. Same for how he plays scum.
Happy?
Very.

Zathras, eat a dick.

People who are being useful, I'm starting my laundry now and will be rereading shortly. My next post will be HAPPY FUN CONTENT.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2010, 10:03:08 pm »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2010, 10:30:02 pm »

Pandar, waiting with baited breath.

As far as Breadbocks goes, let me recap:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=68141.msg1639204#msg1639204
This post (Plus the one I quoted) show his concern for self-image.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=68141.msg1640754#msg1640754
This is his not addressing Spade, despite previously saying he wanted to hear from him.  Spade posted between these two posts.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=68141.msg1641639#msg1641639
This is the start of the grammatical distraction.

It took him a while to do any hunting, and this came only after it was pointed out that he was avoiding it.

Breadbocks/Zathras:  Interesting theory, but I'm not willing to see Pandar hang without giving him at least tonight for a significant contribution.  If he's a town lurker, we'd be potentially hosing ourselves to vote him.  I'm seeing more scum smells coming from you (bread) and...

Spade: After looking back, I don't see any actual scum hunting out of you.  Let's recap...

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=68141.msg1639781#msg1639781
Leaning toward WIFOM (And mod WIFOM at that)

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=68141.msg1641564#msg1641564
Answering questions and doing nothing else- prior posts as well

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=68141.msg1641742#msg1641742
Continuation of a completely reactive game, sidetracks on balance

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=68141.msg1643239#msg1643239
Nongame questions and ORG DERP

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=68141.msg1643382#msg1643382
When he realizes it, he replaces his Org attack with... nothing.

Yeah... I'm liking bread/Spade.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2010, 11:08:24 pm »

Breadbocks/Zathras:  Interesting theory, but I'm not willing to see Pandar hang without giving him at least tonight for a significant contribution.  If he's a town lurker, we'd be potentially hosing ourselves to vote him.  I'm seeing more scum smells coming from you (bread) and...
Hmmm... bread has not lurked as much, and strikes me as neutrally scummy. True: Spade, Pandar and you look scummier to me, but I'm not clearing breadbocks quite yet. Would this indicate to you that he and I are scum buddies? I don't see it.

Or maybe you meant Pandar as the lurker, hinting at a bread/Pandar pair? I find that a bit likelier, since breadbocks is the kind of guy to vote his scumbuddy "for the lulz", but frankly neither of them is scummier to me than Spade yet.

As for you, Toaster, you've been activelurking as well, and haven't been scumhunting as much as I'd like to see. Sure, you did respond with some bits on breadbocks, as you promised, but I'm not convinced of your towniehood, usefulness, or conviction to the hunt yet.

Spade: After looking back, I don't see any actual scum hunting out of you.  Let's recap...
Yeah... I'm liking bread/Spade.
His scumhunting has indeed been abysmal, and is part of the reason why I'm still voting him, even over Pandar's lurking and scumminess. Spade, who are your scum preferences as of right now, and why? Has this changed because I've fingered you/Pandar as the most likely scum pair? Do you have anything to say as to the earlier unanswered questions for you, or the recent accusations by Toaster?

I'm sticking with my Spade/Pandar theory. Nothing here tells me otherwise.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2010, 11:20:41 pm »

Things since Zathras' buddying me and inviting Spade to WIFOM:

Spade points out stupid questions
Ottofar confirms roles are random
If I were scum, I'd prefer to be the Godfather so my ally would screen me / be more expendable. Selfish, but true.
Don't buddy me, Toaster.
Breadbocks: I say your analysis is ass. You assign arbitrary values to things that may or may not nothing. BARRING A FUTURE REFERENCE TO http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=68141.msg1641462#msg1641462 ASSUME THAT I FIND YOUR LACK OF FOLLOWUP ON THESE SUPPOSED SCUMSLIPS TO BE A SCUMMY ACTION. Furthermore, I apparently am at least a -9 or worse? Why? Cite your scumtells.
Zathras: That bit about being "touchy about grammar" is horseshit and you know it. Re what I think of breadbocks, you can't just say "OH HE LOOKS UH SCUMMY" and not say anything about it. Oh, and quit sidelining and pointing other players at each other.
Toaster calls out Breadbocks on his bullshit vote on me. Question is deflected with bullshit about grammar and his name being an "improper noun." In protest of him getting away with this, I am capitalizing his name.
Zathras almost rerails the thread. Breadbocks promptly forces it back off.
Zathras attempts to rerail again, posts about my absence.
Webadict sinks his teeth painfully into a great, sweaty, thickly veined, erect penis POSTS IN A GAME HE ISN'T IN
Toaster calls out Breadbocks on his deflection. Good. And I couldn't answer those questions because they weren't still right there for me to see and I hadn't read since I was last in this thread. Obviously.
Zathras tries to use my schooling as a stand-in for a real attack, keeps vote on Spade for "scummy vibes." He then tries to semantically imply that TOASTER was the one wasting time on grammar, not him and Breadbocks, in http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=68141.msg1643192#msg1643192
Spade is posting but nothing he has said stood out to me as scumlike or townlike because he hasn't actually talked about THIS game, like, at all. Ever. His post about Org, facetious or not, is still meaningless.
Breadbocks says "all but one" of my posts are fluff, then quotes:
-1 primary post
-2 posts calling out him and Zathras as scumlike.
-2 posts explaining why I was absent and that no amount of yelling at me or even voting me would get me back in at that point.
He then assigns arbitrary values to nonsense, inexplicably deciding my so-called lack of non-fluff posts is more scummy than Spade's much worse lack.
Spade realizes he was being derp, so nevurr mind about that... except he apologizes then doesn't scumhunt after. FFFFFFFUUUUUUU-
Breadbocks and Zathras plot my demise
Toaster is useful.

My verdicts are as thus:

Toaster is town. He's done the most work to keep this thread railed and the discussion relevant.

Zathras is the godfather. Breadbocks is throwing a fit trying to get either your votes on me or my vote off him because they are the scumteam, though I'm not totally certain Zathras is the godfather. After he and Zathras tried to keep the thread off-kilter with grammar bullshit, his declaration of my posts as "fluff" are an attempt to trivialize my suspicion of them for Zathras' WIFOM and Breadbocks answering the question for Zathras, which he did because he's too jumpy about the possibility of day-one loss.

PPE: Just realized Zathras is trying very hard not to OMGUS me despite claiming I'm the one consistent link his scum theories (Spade/me and Bread/me) have. This is a HOOG scumtell.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 15, 2010, 12:49:20 am »

Wow. Thank you for that Stream of Consciousness version of "The Show So Far", Pandar. I'll try to unravel a few bits for analysis and clarification.

Zathras tries to use my schooling as a stand-in for a real attack, keeps vote on Spade for "scummy vibes."
No, not your schooling. Your lurking. Those are not synonyms; even if you use the one as an excuse for the other, it's still merely an excuse. And I'm calling you out not just on lurking, but on lurking specifically when you had said your strategy was to maintain "everyone"'s activity. This reeks of a cover, flakiness or hypocrisy. Pick one.

As for as Spade, more on this below. Your lurking first:

Breadbocks says "all but one" of my posts are fluff, then quotes:
-1 primary post
-2 posts calling out him and Zathras as scumlike.
-2 posts explaining why I was absent and that no amount of yelling at me or even voting me would get me back in at that point.
I don't think you two really disagree. There is indeed one primary post (non-fluff), two about school (fluff, yes?), and two one sentence brainfarts that you consider gems of scumhunting, while he considers fluff. The problem is that these five freaking posts, at least 40% of which are indisputably fluff were all your contributions to the game so far. Sure, his numbers are more bogus than a turtle's placenta, but you're not giving the thread much material to work with... or am I wrong? Hadn't your entire contribution to the game at this point been:  one post + 40% fluff + two one-sentence "calling out as scumlike" gems/brainfarts?

But anyway. I find the defence of your lurking scummy and insufficient, but I wouldn't hang you just for that. No. You (and Spade) will hang for this:

Spade is posting but nothing he has said stood out to me as scumlike or townlike because he hasn't actually talked about THIS game, like, at all. Ever. His post about Org, facetious or not, is still meaningless.
Spade realizes he was being derp, so nevurr mind about that... except he apologizes then doesn't scumhunt after. FFFFFFFUUUUUUU-

Guys, please address with regard to this point of Pandar:
a) isn't not talking about the game a scumtell in itself? Wouldn't someone else doing that strike you at least as a bit suspicious?
b) Isn't the fact that Pandar doesn't find it suspicious, when, I think, all other players do, a bit suspicious as well?
c) Rhetorical: Isn't it interesting that the meaningless smoke bomb did derail the thread and distract us, precisely when Pandar's lurking was becoming most suspicious? And that he specifically calls it neither "scumlike or townlike" when it's said by Spade?

Note that Pandar also says, about bread's analysis: "inexplicably deciding my so-called lack of non-fluff posts is more scummy than Spade's much worse lack."... So, Spade's worse lack is scummier than yours? So it is scummy? So how come you get no tells at all, either "scumlike or townlike"?

Spade and Pandar are each scummy enough on their own, but this last point makes the Spade/Pandar pair inescapable, I think.

My verdicts are as thus:

Toaster is town. He's done the most work to keep this thread railed and the discussion relevant.

Zathras is the godfather. Breadbocks is throwing a fit trying to get either your votes on me or my vote off him because they are the scumteam, though I'm not totally certain Zathras is the godfather.
I'm not surprised you vote me, since I'm riding your ass about your "forcing people to be active", and your mutual shielding with Spade. Although I'm not actually voting you (Spade is scummier in my book), this reeks of OMGUS, doesn't it? Isn't that in the HOOG or whatever?

Anyway, as you say, cite your actual scumtells please. In that verborrheic avalanche avalanche of yours, I could only find these:
- I picked lame RV questions (which I grant -- they were lame)
- I voted you. No, wait, I didn't. I voted your scumbuddy. Yeah.

Are there any more? Maybe this?
Zathras almost rerails the thread. Breadbocks promptly forces it back off. Zathras attempts to rerail again, posts about my absence.
Is this, in your mind, a scumtell? Or merely a non sequitur? Or just part of your "The Show So Far" performance?

PPE: Just realized Zathras is trying very hard not to OMGUS me despite claiming I'm the one consistent link his scum theories (Spade/me and Bread/me) have. This is a HOOG scumtell.
Spade/you is my only theory. The Bread/you was me trying to make sense of Toaster's post, which didn't quite parse, and I'm always willing to entertain and evaluate all ideas. If you see the end of that post, I clearly said it's Spade and You. But no, I'm not clearing breadbox, or Toaster. As far as I actually know, any of you lot may be scum; but my two first picks are Spade and Pandarsenic. That's my best guess, interpretation and analysis, which is the best one can do in this game, yes? Or are you claiming that you know for sure?

Also, I have no clue what the HOOG is. Linky please.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2010, 02:17:19 am »

The rerailing isn't a scumtell. Breadbocks desperately trying to defend you is. Your prior "I think he's scum but won't vote him" is a scumtell.

But most of all, your refusal to vote me because it would be an OMGUS is one of the very specific OMGUS-related tells that indicates you're scum.

I find Spade less scummy than "I'm a nub and don't know what I'm doing," lacking meta about him, but I find you and Breadbocks likely to be a scumteam.

If I wasn't so sure you're the godfather I would selfhammer to shoot you.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2010, 02:44:40 am »

The rerailing isn't a scumtell. Breadbocks desperately trying to defend you is. Your prior "I think he's scum but won't vote him" is a scumtell.

But most of all, your refusal to vote me because it would be an OMGUS is one of the very specific OMGUS-related tells that indicates you're scum.
The first, if it were true, would be his scumtell, not mine. As to my vote, I think you are both scum, but Spade is scummier, so my vote is where I see the scummiest. You want to call that a scumtell, go ahead, but I don't see it. I'm not really opposed to voting you either, if you become L-1 I will probably hammer you, but I think it's better for the town to hang Spade first. What, are you jealous?

Is that it? That's the totality of the scumtells you have on me?
a) you think breadbocks defended me (which I don't really see, but whatever); and
b) I'm not voting you.
Is that really it?

You seem very sure that breadbocks is my scumbuddy. I don't see him as particularly scummy, but he may be; after today's discussion I place him right after Spade and You in my list; say about a 40% chance of scummitude in my mind.

Tell you what. It's late right now, and I have a somewhat elevated blood-alcohol level, so I'll make you a very non-standard deal, to test the strength of your conviction: if you really think breadbocks is scum, vote him! Now! I will Hammer. Word of honour. But if he flips town, you self-vote the next day. Deal? If you are not ready to do that, then you have to consider your first point above as suspect, yes? And then what do you have on me? That I'm not voting you. Wow. What a scumtell.

Shiiiit.... this is a bad idea. But what the hell. Fuck it. As this is an offer under the influence, I will put a nighttime limit on it. Say 7:00AM PST. After that, my sober self will take over and I'll see that this is a really bad idea and utterly denounce it. But right now, under the auspices of Dionysius, FUCK IT. Put your money where your mouth is, scumface.

I find Spade less scummy than "I'm a nub and don't know what I'm doing," lacking meta about him, but I find you and Breadbocks likely to be a scumteam.
Yeah right. This, your resistance to recognize how sdcummy Spade is, is the main reason I think you're scum. Only scumbudditude can prevent you from agreeing with even the several things all the other players have on him.

If I wasn't so sure you're the godfather I would selfhammer to shoot you.
Uh? Can you self hammer? And if you shoot the godfather, doesn't he die? I don't get it.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2010, 02:46:40 am »

I repeat and clarify: drunken offer only valid until the sun comes up. Say 7:00AMN PST
(the actual one, out in the big blue room)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 15, 2010, 03:44:16 am »

Breadbocks
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 15, 2010, 03:45:02 am »

And if you only see those two scumtells don't blame me for not reading my post. I'm not reposting them, you can go read them in the first place.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 15, 2010, 04:33:53 am »

Breadbocks

Breadbocks, and HAMMER!

There. We'll see what transpires. Bread: notjhing personal, buddy.

* If he flips scum, we all win. And/or you can kill me tomorrow.
* If he flips town, Ottofar, Pandarsenic has agreed to vote Pandarsenic (only in that case, and it's his vote, not mine)

Bread, if you flip scum, fuck you, but if you flip town, don't vengekill Pandar, he'll answer for it, don't worry. Kill whoever is next on your scumlist. (I'd say Spade, but it's your call).

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 15, 2010, 05:25:27 am »

Rereading, Breadbocks, if you flip scum, still fuck you, but if you flip town, feel free to vengekill pandar if tou wish -- I just realised that he'd be happy to see any townie hang anyway. So, it's ultimately your call. Vengekill whoever you wanrt. Whoever is left will pick uip the pieces.

And with that, I'm out. We'll see where we are tomorrow. Happy hammer.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 15, 2010, 05:34:33 am »

Indeed. I'll look forward to seeing whether or not my convictions were accurate when the morning comes.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8