Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 2 - Over - Mafia ULTRASUPERWIN! Toaster & Zathras ROXORZZ!!  (Read 22200 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 2 - Signups (2/5)
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2010, 05:18:11 pm »

It's all good.  Plus, considering certain unfinished games whose mod posted right before you where you did the same thing, you might have tainted people's reaction to it.
You mean my being awesome in BYOR5 until Toony ruined everything for everyone forever? <_<
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 2 - Signups (2/5)
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2010, 07:15:44 pm »

It's all good.  Plus, considering certain unfinished games whose mod posted right before you where you did the same thing, you might have tainted people's reaction to it.
You mean my being awesome in BYOR5 until Toony ruined everything for everyone forever? <_<

BYOR5 was awesome, and I actually liked Toony's Pandar-screwing move! Sure, it kinda screwed the plan and eventually the game, but it was fun! The difference there is that you did have the goods, hard data that no one else could have, so the yelling was justified, and following your plan was objectively the better move. Not so much in a typical game where your reads and instincts are, really, as good or valid as anyone else's. Vehemently treating your guesses as hard knowledge is unjustified and even counterproductive.
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 2 - Full! - Starts tomorrow, when I get home.
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2010, 07:22:25 pm »

I wasn't doing that - I was just demanding he explain his vote which he utterly refused to do.

Again, in a larger game that would've been a good call. In a five-player game, it let almost everything but our argument go ignored.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2010, 07:25:10 pm »

Dude, the game is over, arguing is pointless and it is sorta a dick move to keep blaming me.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2010, 07:26:05 pm »

BYOR5 was awesome, and I actually liked Toony's Pandar-screwing move! Sure, it kinda screwed the plan and eventually the game, but it was fun! The difference there is that you did have the goods, hard data that no one else could have, so the yelling was justified, and following your plan was objectively the better move. Not so much in a typical game where your reads and instincts are, really, as good or valid as anyone else's. Vehemently treating your guesses as hard knowledge is unjustified and even counterproductive.

As I had been saying in BYOR5, with the kind of info Panda had, he had to be a solo third party. And was I right, or was I right?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2010, 07:51:44 am »

Go ahead, and start. I'll make this post when I have access to computer.
And send the roles :P Ah well, No damage done, right?

VOTECOUNT
Breadbocks - Toaster (1)
Pandarsenic (0)
Spade (0)
Toaster (0)
Zathras (0)

Not voting - Breadbocks, Pandarsenic, Spade, Zathras (4) - 3 to hammer.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 10:27:47 am by Ottofar »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 2 - Started - Day 1
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2010, 08:06:28 am »

Breadbocks, did your experience in BYOR5 teach you anything about how not to get lynched?

Zathras, if you were the Godfather and could pick your mafioso, who would you pick?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2010, 12:37:42 pm »

Zathras, how do you think we should deal with lurkers in this game?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Spade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2010, 02:36:12 pm »

Toaster, would you rather be the mafioso or the godfather?

DungeonEscape
Will you make it out alive?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2010, 02:46:41 pm »

It's really irrelevant, as there should be no playstyle change between the two, other than the mafioso possibly needing to take a fall if the GF is L-1.  I think I'd pick Godfather, but it doesn't make much difference.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2010, 03:45:23 pm »

Breadbocks, did your experience in BYOR5 teach you anything about how not to get lynched?
Well, obviously, be careful with what you say. Scum would be more than happy to twist it on you.

Pandarsenic, what strategy do you intend to employ for scumhunting? Last game showed CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL and quote pyramiding didn't work.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2010, 04:55:34 pm »

Zathras, how do you think we should deal with lurkers in this game?

I'm generally in favour of lynching lurkers (see my sig). In this game it may be a hard choice, due to the setup, so people please don't lurk!

Zathras, if you were the Godfather and could pick your mafioso, who would you pick?

Hmmm... I'd normally say Pandar, as he's da man, or maybe breadbocks, he's enough of a loose cannon to be unpredictable I guess.

Spade, how come we've not played a game together yet? What are your typical scumslips? How do you play scum?
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2010, 09:20:23 pm »

Breadbocks, since forcing people to look at me doesn't work quite so hawtt in small games, I'm instead going to make sure everyone is forced to stay active.

Zathras:

1) Don't buddy me. You're like "GRAWR TOWN LOSES BECAUSE OF YOU" for days then the game starts and I'm suddenly "da man"? What changed?
2) Why would you ask Spade that? If he tells you how he scumslips it's totally null if he does those things. Same for how he plays scum.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2010, 09:25:09 pm »

Umm. For me the game starting would be more than enough. We need to focus on the current game, not past games.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2010, 09:25:41 pm »

Umm. For me the game starting would be more than enough. We need to focus on the current game, not past games.
Breadbocks why did you answer for Zathras? Let him speak for himself.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8