Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Get rid of acid?  (Read 803 times)

Fellhuhn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Get rid of acid?
« on: October 08, 2010, 06:42:53 am »

It seems like I had a monster that had acid blood or something like that. So now I have a small problem. Somewhere there is a pool of his fluids which gives blisters to those who run around without shoes. My whole hospital is filled with my kids (26) because they don't wear shoes (or anything else)...

It is the same with all my animals, blisters are simply bruised. Most of the times they are lying around unconscious.

On the bright side this also happens to kobolds who always "fall asleep" during their flight. So I can butcher them without any resistance, good training for the recruits.

But how to detect and get rid of the stuff? It seems to be at the entrance of my dungeon but there are soooooooo many bloody and other fluids around, it is hard to know which makes the difference. Since it is outside my dungeon my dwarves don't want to remove it. Rain doesn't help either. DFhack etc. don't work because it is Linux.

Anything that can be done?

EDIT: according to my Chief Medial Dwarf (love that title) it is Beast Sickness. Most likely from one of the weak titans that come every now and then and die after being hit once... :(
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 06:45:41 am by Fellhuhn »

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
Re: Get rid of acid?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 07:17:07 am »

Magma may be able to burn it away.

Fellhuhn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 07:18:02 am »

Which would mean to apply this treadment to the whole outside world since I have no idea where it is...

BigJake

• Bay Watcher
  • Know-it-all and bragart
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 07:19:30 am »

Get DFHack and use dfcleanmap.

Fellhuhn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 07:21:31 am »

Linux. As far as I know it doesn't support Linux. And I would prefer a less "cheated" approach.

WrathNail

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: too awesome to use]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 07:30:40 am »

If you knew where it was, you could build something over it. But I suppose that's part of the problem.
And we, build up castles
in the sky and in the sand.
Design our own world
ain't nobody understand.

jaxad0127

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 01:41:14 pm »

Linux. As far as I know it doesn't support Linux. And I would prefer a less "cheated" approach.
Works fine. Newer versions might not be supported for linux due to missing offset data, but it will work through Wine, sinc ethe needed offsets are already available for all versions.