Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: You Are a Village! - Day 2, Week 1, Month 1: Settling In  (Read 3226 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are a Village! - Day 1, Week 1, Month 1: Settling In
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2010, 04:55:17 am »

Exactly though... You need to decide as a Group are you gonna focus on doing alot of everything or doing one thing alot...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2010, 05:04:40 am »

Exactly though... You need to decide as a Group are you gonna focus on doing alot of everything or doing one thing alot...

From a realistic perspective, though, a large group of people wouldn't work on one massive thing, like building a structure, and disregard the small things, such as working on the food supplies. That's probably not the best example though, as I can see fishing/hunting/farming and other essentials becoming automatic procedures. If everyone else agrees on your idea though, Neyvn, then I don't see why we can't use it - I would be happy to use either my method or yours.

By the by, sorry for not really doing much at the moment.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2010, 05:09:06 am »

It would be more of the fact that the basic work is done to keep the village alive while the Major job is being done, though going out to search for new plants/animals/resources would have to wait for the more detailed jobs...

Say for example it would take 14 Fine Control days to build a Mill to grind grain that the farmers produce but only 6 days of Committed Control, the farmers would continue to farm, fishers fish and so on but those that don't have any big and important job that keeps the village running is committed to construction work to build the Mill...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2010, 05:12:06 am »

It would be more of the fact that the basic work is done to keep the village alive while the Major job is being done, though going out to search for new plants/animals/resources would have to wait for the more detailed jobs...

Say for example it would take 14 Fine Control days to build a Mill to grind grain that the farmers produce but only 6 days of Committed Control, the farmers would continue to farm, fishers fish and so on but those that don't have any big and important job that keeps the village running is committed to construction work to build the Mill...

Ah, I see. This does make sense, and it will help things move along. I think... yes, I'm going to use your idea, Neyvn, many thanks. Now I just need an action...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2010, 05:20:07 am »

Well Seeing that this first week would be Fine Control.

What kind of food is it, do we have Grain cause we should commit a few days worth of Grain feed to be Seed Grain so we can sow some fields. If not have a few people have a look around camp and take note of any important resources, who know we could be sitting next to something important like Clay, ore or even quality stone...

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are a Village! - Day 2, Week 1, Month 1: Settling In
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2010, 05:59:49 am »

Day 2, Week 1, Month 1

You gather your wits about you as you look scan the faces throughout the group; worried, angry, scared - all these faces, all these emotions, and not one of them reassuring. As you look at your people, you almost forget who you are - you are their leader! You are the one they look to to get things done, to make sure they stay alive! you are their support - without you, they will whither and die. You point at a group of three of your men huddled near the remaining three pack mules and tell them to go and scout out the surrounding area, but to stay close. You try and keep the rest of the group warm with some of the cloth you brought along, although with only the moon's light to help you, you fumble around for a few minutes before you can find everybody. After a few minutes the three men come back, one of them with a cut arm, telling you that he fell over into a pit that seemed to have been dug by an animal of sorts, possibly an unfinished den. Other than that, their searches came up with nothing. You use a bit of cloth to bandage the mans arm.

As day breaks, you stare back at the spot of your future village and manage a weak grin - despite everything that has happened so far, you believe that things can only get better. After a quick breakfast of apples, you are ready to head out once more. As you travel across the plains you take in the majestic beauty the surrounds you - the fresh air, the green meadows that stretch on for miles - it truly is beautiful here.

After a few hours of traveling you reach the shores of the great lake you saw from the mountains - you can barely see the other side! It's a massive body of water, and you reach down and drink some of the crystal clear water. Delicious!

You travel some more and, after many hours of painful traveling, you reach your destination - the site of your new home.

---

Events:

Search Roll: 3 - 1 (Darkness modifier) = 2
1 piece of cloth used (bandage).
13 green apples consumed.

Time: 6:40 PM

It is late afternoon.

---
Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

What do you do?

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2010, 06:17:30 am »

set up temporary shelter, then have people go look for food!
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2010, 06:19:58 am »

All them men and 2 women should begin building wodden houses(collecting the wood as well) and the other women should go find food and tend to the livestock such as milking the cow.

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2010, 06:39:20 am »

set up temporary shelter, then have people go look for food!

Could you be more specific? How do you want the shelter to be built? Sorry, but I'd just like to know what you mean by a shelter e.g a lean-to, etc.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2010, 06:41:26 am »

I say temp shelters such as simple tents/leanto and or use whatever transport device that was used to get there and start by pitching a Center of the Village. Make it something from the Packs that could be expanded on as a Symbol of the Trials it took to get there...

Have a few stockpiles of Wood be set up while the Men go out and gather it...
The Women on the otherhand gathers any food in the Intimidate area only...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2010, 08:06:12 am »

Send three people to the river to make sure the water's good, and check how good the fishing is.  They'll check for food there if they have time.  Eight more people go to the edge of the woods- half looking for food, the other half looking for anything to help make shelter.  The last two stay at camp, secure what supplies we have, and see about setting up shelter.

Shelter for starters is tents, lean-tos, and something to cover the food.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2010, 08:08:20 am »

After the shelters are built, or if it starts getting dark, use some of the wood to make a fire for the night, fire is good :)
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2010, 08:52:05 am »

-50 grain seeds

During the night, I strap a rock to a stick and I shall call it a hoe.  Then, early next morning.  I shall till the earth 1 tile south, 2 tiles east of our current position.

Early next morning the sun rises.
Pages: 1 [2]