Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Deathwatch - Space Marine P&P Roleplaying - Signups  (Read 12534 times)

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deathwatch - Space Marine P&P Roleplaying - Signups
« Reply #150 on: December 17, 2010, 06:10:25 am »

My father won't install Hamachi and I have absolutely no problems with his reasons, so I won't be joining after all.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #151 on: December 17, 2010, 06:21:36 am »

My father won't install Hamachi and I have absolutely no problems with his reasons, so I won't be joining after all.
I'm curious, what are the reasons?

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 17, 2010, 06:44:35 pm »

So, I'm guessing we aren't playing today?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #153 on: December 17, 2010, 06:45:24 pm »

So, I'm guessing we aren't playing today?
Guess not.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 17, 2010, 06:51:05 pm »

Well, that sucks. I probably wont be able to next time because I'm guessing it's safe to assume that we aren't playing on Christmas Eve, and I get back on the 31st.
Damn. I may be able to play on the 31st, I have no clue.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 18, 2010, 04:38:06 am »

We won't be playing on Christmas Eve, no.  Honestly, I'm not sure I should have even let this get going again.  By the time it had actually gotten on its feet the thread was a few months old and I wasn't really interested in it anymore.  My inspiration for the campaign has kind of dried up, and it's hard to make good encounters for a game like this where one bolter burst will kill pretty much anyone including the PCs.
Shoes...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #156 on: December 18, 2010, 04:51:35 am »

Well that's a bit disappointing after we spent all this time learning to play and preparing.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 18, 2010, 04:55:40 am »

Sorry :|  I'm not saying it's dead or anything, I'm gonna do what I can.  I've still got cool ideas I don't want to go to waste, I'm just having trouble forcing those ideas onto paper.  But, we've got two weeks, I'll probably be able to whip something up by then.
Shoes...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #158 on: December 18, 2010, 05:33:23 am »

Sorry :|  I'm not saying it's dead or anything, I'm gonna do what I can.  I've still got cool ideas I don't want to go to waste, I'm just having trouble forcing those ideas onto paper.  But, we've got two weeks, I'll probably be able to whip something up by then.
Remember the first rule of DMing any roleplaying game: The rules are secondary to the fun.

If the default enemies are too weak, make them tougher. If the enemies do too much damage, weaken them a bit. You are not beholden to the rules, they are just a framework for us to have fun. Trust me, I've been DMing various games for years and I have never met a rules system which adequately covered every eventuality, or managed to make every challenge fun.

Speaking from the one session I had with you, I think you're doing fine and once we get the rules ironed out it will flow much more naturally. For example, the thing about our darklight vision or whatever from the helmets: You didn't want us to see that far. That's fine, just say there is a weird jamming effect which is obscuring the visor's sensors. Next time it might work perfectly. I do stuff like that to my players all the time for the sake of the plot or specific encounters which I want to do somewhat differently from the rules.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]