Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: What the hell, Congress?! (USA)  (Read 13374 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
What the hell, Congress?! (USA)
« on: October 02, 2010, 08:44:05 am »

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20100920/12460811083/us-senators-propose-bill-to-censor-any-sites-the-justice-depatement-declares-pirate-sites-worldwide.shtml

No, this isn't "infringment", or "conterfeiting". You utterly idiotic lobbyist obeyers want to censor the Internet just because Hollywood says so

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 08:49:24 am by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

atomicwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What the hell, Congress?! (USA)
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 08:46:35 am »

A bunch of fat old men think they can shut down pirate bay?

ROFLCOPTER TO THE MOON!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 08:47:56 am »

no, the usual example is Youtube being kicked off the internet because Viacom can get it onto the list.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

atomicwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 08:49:26 am »

no, the usual example is Youtube being kicked off the internet because Viacom can get it onto the list.
You really think these kind of laws will pass and stick in a country where free speech is valued, and the communist censorship that china and north Korea engages in is viewed as evil?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 08:51:05 am »

its also the same country that is trying to get ACTA to work without revealing it entirely.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 08:53:17 am »

ROFLCOPTER TO THE MOON!

These kind of statements make me want it to pass.

Anyway, look at the article title.  It's alright, there is no government body called the Justice Depatement, so we're good as long as no one else gets that authority.
Shoes...

atomicwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2010, 08:54:46 am »

ROFLCOPTER TO THE MOON!

Anyway, look at the article title.  It's alright, there is no government body called the Justice Depatement, so we're good as long as no one else gets that authority.

Dude no one can shut down pirate bay, its impossible.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2010, 08:54:54 am »

You really think these kind of laws will pass and stick in a country where free speech is valued, and the communist censorship that china and north Korea engages in is viewed as evil?
Considering the blatant hypocrisy of a lot of politicians... I wouldn't rule it out.

In any case, how the heck will they go about shutting down foreign websites?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2010, 09:02:25 am »

ROFLCOPTER TO THE MOON!

Dude no one can shut down pirate bay, its impossible.

Famous last words.
Shoes...

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2010, 09:02:52 am »

Its the same argument used again and again.

Book burnings, comic books make your children violent, video games make your children violent... movies are the work of satan...

When the previous industry is threatened they want to kill the new one. Why are we even phased by this anymore, when this happens just calmly stop, reach in your brain, and pull out your first amendment rights.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2010, 09:22:08 am »

I don't think the Congress has jurisdiction in Sweden, so you guys are getting a copy of the Great Firewall of China I guess.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

atomicwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2010, 09:24:46 am »

I don't think the Congress has jurisdiction in Sweden, so you guys are getting a copy of the Great Firewall of China I guess.
Aren't there ways around it?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2010, 09:24:56 am »

Cue Ghost Surf. As soon as I set it back up, my IP will be in The Netherlands. Possibly Argentina. Haven't really decided yet.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2010, 09:26:55 am »

That would end interestingly. With our remaining anti-communism feelings, copying anything communist is the surest way to unite us against it.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2010, 09:31:13 am »

Cue Ghost Surf. As soon as I set it back up, my IP will be in The Netherlands. Possibly Argentina. Haven't really decided yet.
Or Canada.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12