Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Angelashes 2.1 - UP FOR NEW MANAGEMENT  (Read 9032 times)

Zaik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Angelashes 2.1 - 31.12 newbie succession fort [FULL] - Turn ?
« Reply #105 on: October 11, 2010, 11:06:33 pm »

Aw, i got demoted
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

bremarv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 12, 2010, 02:01:48 am »

Aw, i got demoted

I would consider it a promotion. Sure you don't need a big fancy room (but you can keep it), but you get to eventually be the leader of our military instead of the dwarf slaughter squad.

besides I don't feel like having you give someone a beating while equipped with adamantine axe.
the future isn't the present on steroids. The future is a mutated bacteria that you never saw coming. - Annalee Newitz
there are certain rooms that should not have lava moats. Namely danger room, and daycare rooms.
I prefer dwarves for some things. Like not laying eggs.

Zaik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 12, 2010, 02:55:15 am »

Aw, i got demoted

I would consider it a promotion. Sure you don't need a big fancy room (but you can keep it), but you get to eventually be the leader of our military instead of the dwarf slaughter squad.

besides I don't feel like having you give someone a beating while equipped with adamantine axe.

Actually that is a good point, though i think i had some metal chains made to set up a jail, and never got around to it.

As a matter of fact, they should be made of whichever pewter the mayor has a weird obsession with.

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:failures]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 13, 2010, 09:11:05 am »

I will eventually get around to updating the first post.
Just not now.
Quote from: acetech09 date=1343968486
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

bremarv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 13, 2010, 03:07:47 pm »

6th Galena: The military training is paying off. A small party is going to be thrown to celebrate Cog being our first Axe Lord. Dunno what that is, but it sounds something good.

10th Limestone: The military have killed a wholf pack that was harrasing our workers. One of the wolfs got throw into the backdoor mote. Was tempting to leave it there, but it scared the workers trying to use that exit. Other than that everything remains mostly the same, including the amount of booze and the seed storage. I have on the other hand ordered the growing of some non traditional plants for diversity.

16th Limestone: Almost forgot the humans where here for trading. got some booze and plants from them.  Had they known how bad a situation we are in, they would have brought nothing but booze.

5th Sandstone: A child snuck into the military traning room. Natural selection did it's thing.

16th Sandstone: Been busy digging lately. Started on moving the southern part of the fortress to be under the north part, hopefully cutting down on travel time. Only set up a proper dormatory and new carpenter's workshops. Seriously, why have the wood stored on the half the world away from the workshops using them? Also booze situation have greatly improved. and we now are again above one barrel a drain, with 236 barrels and 143 drains. Also think the military commander got the rank of Axe Lord now. might have been a while ago. It's hard to keep up. Also assigned Maribel as major as well. the last one pissed of the liason because he was too busy.

10th Timber: finished the start of a weapon trap at the back entrance. Since theres no goblins here I haven't had the chance to test it.

14th Timber: Scratch that. There are now goblins and trolls in plenty. The first report was of a squad of goblins near the south front entrance. As the military headed out they discovered a group of trolls had  snuck up on the back entrance. Seriosly? trolls sneaking? anyway the front entrances are now closed. the military is holding the back entrance so some of our tree cutters and haulers can get back in.

21st Timber: I haven't heard from the military for a while. Most of us seems to be back, so I sent a runner out te order the military back inside. One of the doctors decide this is a good time to leave his dutys and make something.

22nd Timber: Zaik have returned, alone. He says he is the last of the military alive. Obok had apperantly decided to lead the charge on the goblins main force, but before the other could catch up, he a goblin got a lucky shot in between his greaves. Some trolls also managed to drown Cog in a pool befor Zaik slew them. for now we have retreated inside, but from the second level of the new tower i can see piles of bodies strewn in every direction. To honour Obok and Cog's sacrifice they have gotten the title 'The Nourishing Hand" and "The Pleated Bends of Infamy". I also think we should have waited with the titles until after Zaik had come down from his combat high.

1st Moonstone: Winter is here. Goblins and trolls still outside. Not going for my trap. At least booze is good now. Think we got between 5 and 10 dead, including military.

OOC: Finally think I got rid of the booze plant problem, but it requires a lot more growers than it should. Dunno why no one wants to move the seeds. Also don't think I lost any named dwarfs to the siege, but it did kill my fps. The next turn may want to watch out for goblins coming in mid-late autumn. I think they usually comes around the same time each year. I will finish up the last season tomorrow or friday.
the future isn't the present on steroids. The future is a mutated bacteria that you never saw coming. - Annalee Newitz
there are certain rooms that should not have lava moats. Namely danger room, and daycare rooms.

bremarv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 16, 2010, 04:50:27 pm »

game crashed 10 in game days before spring, so I have to redo the last 2 months. The second siege I get won't cause as much panic this time :(

edit: from before the crash:

Not the time you want to find out your traps don't work:
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 04:57:31 pm by bremarv »

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 16, 2010, 05:29:19 pm »

Oh hey, this fortress isn't dead.
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

bremarv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 16, 2010, 06:31:36 pm »

14th Moonstone: Someone have stolen my last journal. Probably the kobold thief that managed to get in trough the back door. guess I will have to take a look at the traps there again. In the chaos a lone goblin managed to sneak in through the front entrance. I have no idea why its not closed, even though it was shorthly after the siege arrived. Also think we are starting to suffer from cave adoption or something as I am getting reports of some kind of giant winged lizard running around outside. I will order doors on the "keep" built just in case.

17th Moonstone: Turns out the giant lizard monster thing was real. It broke trough the back door and charged straight at the haulers milling around. Zaik was however quick to dispatch it. I must admit that its funny that a single little kobold causes more distruption than a giant winged and fire breathing monster. we also seems to have run out of fertilizers. I will look into expanding production.

1st Opal: Work have started on a new staircase, going straight down to the forges instead of twisting this way and that like the old one. On the way down we struck gold and I ordered some gold statues made to celebrate gold and the slaying of the monster. Hopefully the sight of gold will cheer some of the dwarfs up.

1st Granite, 602: I have told Maribel to find someone else to be the overseer. The stress of worrying about everything is too much for me and I can't concentrate on doing the work I want to. The last season have been rather quite, but I am not sure if the goblins are outside still. I will leave that up to the next to suffer this job.

OOC: this finishes my turn. sorry for taking so long. Booze should not be a problem anymore, but we might have too many growers. I also think there is a goblin ambush outside, but my original siege have left and the one that arrived before I crashed didn't show up again. I also think I forgott to label the lever for the second trap hallway brigde.

should be Aramco up next now.

Save

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 16, 2010, 11:43:02 pm »

This looks amusing. Are you updated to .16 yet? I may have to take a turn. It'd be my first succession game. (Pun intended)
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 17, 2010, 12:16:15 am »

up for new management

Zaik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 17, 2010, 07:19:31 pm »

up for new management

I don't mind helping out, though i dunno what exactly to do.

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 18, 2010, 01:16:55 am »

up for new management

I don't mind helping out, though i dunno what exactly to do.
Make a thread called "Angelashes 3" and copy large chunks of my first post over to it.
ignore the current turnlist as such, make your own.

Zaik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Angelashes 2.1 - UP FOR NEW MANAGEMENT
« Reply #117 on: October 18, 2010, 05:53:46 am »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=68688.msg1651404#msg1651404   <-----the link for the new post

This looks amusing. Are you updated to .16 yet? I may have to take a turn. It'd be my first succession game. (Pun intended)

I put you in after squeakyreaper. We're still using .12 for this fort at the moment.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]