Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: WHAT [0.31.14]  (Read 1218 times)

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
WHAT [0.31.14]
« on: September 26, 2010, 01:59:51 am »

I'm not putting this on the bug tracker because I'm not sure if I should put a bug on there when I dont know how it even happened :/
So I was piercing an aquifier by having it frozen by exposing it to air. Idiot miners froze themselves two times, so this is my third attempt at embarking here.
I placed floors over the open spaces over the ice walls, then had them removed. I then had my miners dig out down-stairs over the ice and then the game paused for no reason with two too dangerous terrain messages. And this happened:

The embark reverted to point where it was as if I had never mined(or done very much at all) but more... broken. There are also items that only "Kinda" exist(They don't show up using K, however one thing rotted and produced miasma that went through something I mined out before this happened). Also the river went to 7/7 water again.
What.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 05:02:43 am by fivex »

meto30

• Bay Watcher
  • Maelstrom. As in whirlpool.
    • View Profile
Re: THE HELL HAPPENED?!?!?!?[0.32.14]
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 02:02:10 am »

This is... strange. No, like... horribily strange. But stranger still.

MaDeR Levap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WHAT [0.32.14]
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 03:17:58 am »

Upload save and report it on Mantis. Optimistically, Toady will get around to it in, oh, say 10 years.

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 03:20:32 am »

I'm 12 and what is this.

Weird stuff you got going on there though.
Lisidadil - A story of one of my first forts.

The continual tale of survival in a harsh land of hate, Fun, betrayal, love, and maybe a random elf or two... If we're unlucky.

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 04:08:56 am »

I uploaded the save:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3169
Saving and then re-opening the save seems to have fixed the phantom items thing.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 04:50:34 am »

It's 0.31.14, not 32

gilesguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WHAT [0.31.14]
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2010, 06:27:30 am »

I had this happen to me, not in .14, but in .13. It seems to happen if you embark upon a place you have abandoned, not reclaiming it. I am not sure about what happens if you properly reclaim a site, but just embarking on a site you abandoned, then removing a construction, seems to replicate this bug. Of course, you can exploit it by mining out all the useful material, then abandon then embark on it again. One more thing, any enemies who are on the ground when you abandon seem to become your allies once you embark on the same spot again.
Crafty human Bastards! We should kill all Elves!

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:failures]
    • View Profile
Re: WHAT [0.31.14]
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2010, 06:52:02 am »

I had this happen to me, not in .14, but in .13. It seems to happen if you embark upon a place you have abandoned, not reclaiming it. I am not sure about what happens if you properly reclaim a site, but just embarking on a site you abandoned, then removing a construction, seems to replicate this bug. Of course, you can exploit it by mining out all the useful material, then abandon then embark on it again. One more thing, any enemies who are on the ground when you abandon seem to become your allies once you embark on the same spot again.
If you only just abandoned the site, then the items haven't been entirely removed from the game's memory cache.
then unuseable but still there items.
Quote from: acetech09 date=1343968486
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.