Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.14 Released  (Read 57438 times)

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
  • The little oni that strikes the earth
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.14 Released
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2010, 02:44:32 pm »

Good to see you fixed some of the bugs. Course right now my main concern is the mac version.... I'm certain Baughun is still working on it, but I'm still getting the same errors from the mac version:

dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _pthread_mutexattr_destroy$UNIX2003
  Referenced from: /Users/.../Desktop/df_osx.1/libs/libstdc++.6.dylib
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

dyld: Symbol not found: _pthread_mutexattr_destroy$UNIX2003
  Referenced from: /Users/.../Desktop/df_osx.1/libs/libstdc++.6.dylib
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

/Users/.../Desktop/df_osx.1/df: line 5:   562 Trace/BPT trap          ./dwarfort.exe

« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 06:56:31 pm by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otakukind!

And maker of the mod in progress known as Suika Fortress Now for 0.34.xx!

mgrinshpon

• Bay Watcher
  • [SEMI_INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2010, 02:56:49 pm »

Thank you tremendously. This game is incredible. Praise be to Toady!
Ilu escaped the underworld, fooled humans into believing incarnation of deity Maga Incestmaze. That diety is associated with depravity, lies, treachery, and trickery.  Made lawgiver.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2010, 03:58:01 pm »

address site sprawl concerns a bit
Is this what was causing some massive square blocks to appear on the map?  It made it look like cities had grown to over 50 embark areas.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2010, 04:03:30 pm »

Has anyone seen what happens when you dig through the slade?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2010, 05:01:03 pm »

And now, a Human Mod will be even more viable, where soil-only digging is enforced.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2010, 05:06:03 pm »

You get a useless stone. You could change [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_TEMPLATE] to [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:METAL_TEMPLATE] in the raws and melt it down to use it for constructions... although I haven't tried this.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2010, 05:07:01 pm »

I believe that Magmawiki once said that you'd find infinate layers of only muddy slade using some of the tricks to mine it before now, but Magmawiki is down at the moment.

Also, I'm having serious trouble finding...uh....any buildings with questgivers in them, or any buldings besides human peon shacks at all. It would also seem that a group of humans on my newest world are attempting to farm water, or at least that was my impression when I fell down into the bridge crossing these massive constantly moving river/lakes in where I normally find farmland, only to discover that the "bridge" was in fact filling up with water and was going to drown me. In short, the insanely awesome stuff I've come to expect from every update of DF.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

drvoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2010, 06:29:19 pm »

I may have genned a world with a dead dwarven civ connected to my fortress (I forgot to look at Legends mode before I embarked, but there were a ton of dwarven sites), and this is the ONLY civilization showing up on the civ screen for fortress mode, but is this working as intended?

Quote from: Dwarf Mode Civ Screen
Zan Togal, "The Artifact of Storms", Dwarven

Shorast Stonathel          general/Recruit
Datan Astebrigoth          queen/Drunk
Ambassador magma patiently awaits his meeting with your nobles.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2010, 06:41:13 pm »

I believe that Magmawiki once said that you'd find infinate layers of only muddy slade using some of the tricks to mine it before now, but Magmawiki is down at the moment.

Also, I'm having serious trouble finding...uh....any buildings with questgivers in them, or any buldings besides human peon shacks at all. It would also seem that a group of humans on my newest world are attempting to farm water, or at least that was my impression when I fell down into the bridge crossing these massive constantly moving river/lakes in where I normally find farmland, only to discover that the "bridge" was in fact filling up with water and was going to drown me. In short, the insanely awesome stuff I've come to expect from every update of DF.

Someone must have misread the instructions on how to farm rice.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2010, 06:42:02 pm »

I may have genned a world with a dead dwarven civ connected to my fortress (I forgot to look at Legends mode before I embarked, but there were a ton of dwarven sites), and this is the ONLY civilization showing up on the civ screen for fortress mode, but is this working as intended?

Zan Togal, "The Artifact of Storms", Dwarven

Shorast Stonathel          general/Recruit

Yes, that's working as intended. If you embarked with a dead civ, you'd still see a civ screen like that. Until you get additional visitors, the screen won't be updated with their information. IE: When/if humans, elves and goblins arrive you'll be able to see their civs on the civ screen too.

I'm getting a lot of crashes in this version...

- Twice, while designating nobles (broker, chief medial dwarf, book keeper) in a new fort
- Once Twice, while saving (Thankfully, while it was unloading stuff, not while writing out files!)
- Twice, randomly while watching my dwarves run around doing stuff...

I admit, I skipped .13, so I don't know if these are new or not...

The saving crash has been around since 31.01, and is well known.
Designating nobles might be new. Search first.
There's still stuff causing crashes in general, so it'll be more helpful if you can narrow it beyond "dwarves were doing stuff".

Is the problem in adventure mode where mountainhome tiles were empty fixed? I had this problem in .13.

I don't think it'll be fixed, since mountainhomes are still kind of buggy in general. But it's worth a try. (Plus, this specific thing, I don't think was reported).
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 06:48:40 pm by Logical2u »
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.

vassock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2010, 06:42:21 pm »

Is the problem in adventure mode where mountainhome tiles were empty fixed? I had this problem in .13.

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2010, 06:43:32 pm »

is this working as intended?

Yes.

--Rexfelum

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2010, 07:19:21 pm »

And now, a Kobold Mod will be even more viable, where soil-only digging is enforced.
Fix'd

Melagius

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord and Master here
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2010, 08:38:14 pm »

Can't wait till adventure mode is playable again...

shibdib

• Bay Watcher
  • How much for Goat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2010, 09:19:03 pm »

thanks toady! ill be waiting til graphics packs r updated before i move to this. Never really minded the weird immigrants, the ones with soldier skills are haulers for me and protect the other haulers, while the thief and drunks have great people skills
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11