Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Black Prophecy: Closed Beta  (Read 5094 times)

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
Re: Black Prophecy: Closed Beta
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2011, 08:38:08 pm »

I got a key... But like hell I enter it in the site...

If I use my account it says password is invalid, even tho I log in just fine in the site. I made a new account and now it says the new one doesn't exist... even tho I log in just fine on the site.

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2011, 08:47:46 pm »

Make sure the site matches the one you originally made the account for.  The NA(US) site is different than the EU(Europe) site, and the accounts aren't compitable between them.
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2011, 08:50:44 pm »

Well, the http://blackprophecy.gamigo.com/ (instead of .de) site throws me to https://billing.gamigogames.de/?LANG=2

So, I'm not sure.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2011, 08:52:03 pm »

I've been having a LOT of problems with the site myself as well so it's not just you. I've had to reset my password multiple times. Once you're registered for this beta though you should be able to safely ignore the homepage forever.

For anyone looking for a key: http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/03/25/be-a-part-of-black-prophecys-closed-beta-test-with-our-key-give/ not sure how long they'll last

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2011, 09:00:03 pm »

I will just give up, fuck that stupid site that doesn't work.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2011, 01:49:08 am »

I think I'll bug report the website itself honestly. What browser are you using btw Soulwynd? Might be a clue to fixing it for them if both of us have the issue.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2011, 02:39:36 am »

I think I'll bug report the website itself honestly. What browser are you using btw Soulwynd? Might be a clue to fixing it for them if both of us have the issue.
I tried with firefox, chrome, and IE. They all do the same thing. It's their account system that is fuxxored up.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2011, 03:54:09 am »

I tried with firefox, chrome, and IE. They all do the same thing. It's their account system that is fuxxored up.

Alright, more info is better of course, I know it's their problem but I'm sure I'll get further with them if I have more data :P

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2011, 05:32:29 am »

The game has gone live in EU

Even tho something is horrible broken.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2011, 08:34:27 am »

Too bad Russia is not allowed to play :(. I wanted to try it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2011, 02:11:22 am »

Played. Impression so far: Grindy (kill/missions for xp) PvP enabled a good portion of the time MMO Freelancer with less stuff you can do and much less freedom to do it.  Plays decently. Good graphics.  Your ship changes its looks ever so slightly as you put stuff on it; sometimes hardly noticeable changes.  To make anything you need a blueprint, no 'skill' oriented crafting it looks like.  No trading, no mining, just missions (and lots of cutscenes).  Decent starting story flow but a few small holes. Every area is an instance that you have to 'select' to go there; some open, some mission centric.  No landing on planets/planet missions.  No walk-around mode; inside the station it pans around 'as if' you were in there looking around.

Game appears to have a cash-shop too; unsure if its pay to win or pay to look pretty at the moment as its not on for beta.

Verdict from me: Still more interesting than Eve, good to jump in for a bit to do some pvp + a few missions, but gets repetitive really quick for a long session.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2011, 02:32:12 am »

More US keys here, 700 or so currently.
http://www.mmorpg.com/giveaways.cfm/offer/266/Black-Prophecy-Closed-Beta-Key-Handout.html
But yeah, its nice gameplay, the people in the beta are pretty horrible at it though.
The pvp instance areas are interesting, as everyone focuses on killing each other, so its kinda harder to do what you were sent there to do.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

creodor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2011, 07:54:19 am »

Huh. Just got a key, forgot I signed up. Nifty. My hopes aren't all that high, I just really want new space games >.>
Free Game List

fish are drowning again ~Fourth Triad

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2011, 02:09:20 pm »

I played a bit and i must say well most of what they said are a bit over-rated i mean state of the art graphic... Nexus Jupiter next incident had better graphics.

Crafting? Need blueprint and its one shot try, you can get some in pvp as loot. Grind fest, seriously grind fest in my opinion, and the fetch mission are even worst, go there scan 15 asteroid/can/wrecks/insert stupid name here. Fast pace? come on..... even BSG online is faster paced that this game... To be honest and tried and so far i prefer other spacesim, but im a harcore player and my hope in spacegame are too big for the current game market. To give a hint Nexus was my favorite and yet still missing lot of stuff i would like to see.

One thing they did right, the navigatiopnal map, as you change location you want to go you actually see the map as if it were 3d i like. Gimme nexus engine and core, and give me the rpg and skill/rpg/missin system of this game and i wont mind ever grinding because watching fight in nexus is fabulous and you actually always do something in nexus in fight, scan an ennemy, send fighter, select sub-system to blow up and so on :D
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2011, 09:54:50 pm »

It's in open beta now. I'm installing it now, so I'll post my initial reaction after I've played for a bit.
EDIT: Well I played a little bit of it. The beginning was frustrating because I spent most of my time watching video's of my ship killing things, but not actually getting to kill things myself. I'm not quite ready to give up on it just yet as the prospect of pvp missions seems pretty cool, but for the beginning bit so far it's pretty sub-par.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 11:41:17 pm by Thendash »
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.
Pages: 1 [2] 3