Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do you agree?

So say we all!
- 34 (34.3%)
Should be more secure.
- 5 (5.1%)
I am an elfy fairy princess who is frightened of all facial hair.
- 13 (13.1%)
[Kobold noises]
- 47 (47.5%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: A dire warning  (Read 7376 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
A dire warning
« on: September 21, 2010, 10:34:21 pm »

I think that it is not out of my rights to make this simple demand: that the common things that form the foundation of our lives- those fundamental things that we may comfortably expect from the world- remain constant, lest we be hurled into chaos and delirium as every iota of logic and consistency in our experiences are stripped away.

I am speaking, of course, of Aqizzar's avatar. Twice in recent weeks, that monolith of eternal chinfullness has been shaken, quaked in fact, by slight but troubling changes. Who knows what might happen if this trend is to continue? I do not mean to bring undue alarm- but perhaps alarm is necessary- but indeed we could sometime soon see an entirely different avatar where The Beard now stands.

It is my humble but sincere request that preparations be made such that these apocalyptic nightmares never come to pass. Once The Avatar is returned to it's rightful form, it must be locked, and from thence require the authorization of the twelve most senior forumites, and Toady One, Three Toe, or Scamps, to change again.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: A dire warning
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 10:37:08 pm »

It's the end of the world as we know it.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 10:37:48 pm »

We Kobolds vote in favour of said avatar being placed in the secure place of all, outside.

No one will think to look for it there
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 10:44:11 pm »

Never, I say! The inevitable rulership of Pot Time Morpheus Blackbeard Fitzgerald Avatar shall come to pass, shaking the very world to its core!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 10:44:42 pm »

ALL HAIL PTMBFA.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 10:47:04 pm »

I agree, I never liked the double down thing but it did not truly bother me until the rock that is Aqizzar's avatar was shaken by it.

Quite frankly it sickened me.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 11:23:20 pm »

I think Quizzar should have an avatar of one of those touhou girls. You know. Like Clarice or whatever her name is.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 11:30:04 pm »

from thence require the authorization of the twelve most senior forumites

Don't bother, man... they're all lurkers, anyway.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2010, 11:36:26 pm »

I offer my services to this most hallowed order, The Order of the Chin (Or Ordo Mandibulus)
Shoes...

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 11:40:06 pm »

Aqizzar is already rather restricted by his meme status, I say relinquish all control of his avatar to him and hand him the launch codes for changing it. It'll just breed a better atmosphere and stop a Cold Avatar War from happening.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 11:46:56 pm »

Aqizzar knew what he was giving up when he became a living meme. 

It's a conflict of interests to give him the launch codes, they should be given to people with the forum's best interests at heart.
Shoes...

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2010, 11:51:12 pm »

I think Quizzar should have an avatar of one of those touhou girls. You know. Like Clarice or whatever her name is.

Already happened.
Back when I was modifying people's avatars with firebug, I gave Aqizzar a Touhou character.
Of course, he's so manly, he got the only non-memetically manly man in the series.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2010, 11:54:09 pm »

Already happened.
Back when I was modifying people's avatars with firebug, I gave Aqizzar a Touhou character.
Of course, he's so manly, he got the only non-memetically manly man in the series.
Yeah. Well I think he should do that.

Except all the time.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2010, 12:00:09 am »

wait im confused.......

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2010, 03:52:22 am »

Aqizzar knew what he was giving up when he became a living meme. 

It's a conflict of interests to give him the launch codes, they should be given to people with the forum's best interests at heart.

The things you people get up to when I'm not around.  I didn't choose this life, it was thrust upon me.  Not unlike royalty, when you think about it.

Anyway, I relinquished the Double Downs Ben when he outlived his usefulness.  Now, I happen to like these shades.  They make me seem less perturbed all the time.  But then, my perturbation (holy crap, that's actually a word) is exactly what you're all clamoring for, isn't it?  Well, I can say you all certainly got that.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5