Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 864433 times)

Tychocrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 3/23/12 see first post)
« Reply #1575 on: March 24, 2012, 09:09:12 am »

I'm running the OSX version (thanks by the way, it's amazing we finally have this...) and I've run into a couple issues.

I can't change the nickname or professions through therapist; I edit the name and it's not reflected in therapist, though it's shown as a pending change.  When I commit changes, it isn't reflected in the game. 

Also, my waves are being split up strangely when sorting by wave.  Every migrant wave is split up into different waves of three or four dwarves each.  Children born in the fortress are considered their own wave, which I suppose makes sense.

Running 34.06 (same troubles in .05) with Mayday graphics.  My files are also packaged inside the .app from the JollyBastion mod.

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: March 24, 2012, 02:37:57 pm »

here's the packaged file with a few minor updates for those uncomfortable editing the ini files:

• added layouts for 34.06
  • slightly tweaked the role formula once again for even shinier results
  • fixed the sorting by name

download

@GoldenShadow: i haven't been able to reproduce any missing dwarves with my 5 test games so let me know if it does seem to be acting up and i'll try and fix it tomorrow

The bug regarding mining/woodcutting labors not forcing them to pick up equipemnt is present on your version as well as the official DT. I forged 5 new steel picks, enabled 5 new miners and turned off all other labors.  They stay idle and don't get the picks.  If have to go in-game pref>labors and toggle Mining off and back on and they all jump up to get get their equipment and start mining.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: March 24, 2012, 03:18:08 pm »

I'm running the OSX version (thanks by the way, it's amazing we finally have this...) and I've run into a couple issues.

I can't change the nickname or professions through therapist; I edit the name and it's not reflected in therapist, though it's shown as a pending change.  When I commit changes, it isn't reflected in the game. 

Also, my waves are being split up strangely when sorting by wave.  Every migrant wave is split up into different waves of three or four dwarves each.  Children born in the fortress are considered their own wave, which I suppose makes sense.

Running 34.06 (same troubles in .05) with Mayday graphics.  My files are also packaged inside the .app from the JollyBastion mod.

I got the same with profession; wave instead, I get them all grouped as 0

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1578 on: March 24, 2012, 04:54:04 pm »

here's the packaged file with a few minor updates for those uncomfortable editing the ini files:

• added layouts for 34.06
  • slightly tweaked the role formula once again for even shinier results
  • fixed the sorting by name

download

@GoldenShadow: i haven't been able to reproduce any missing dwarves with my 5 test games so let me know if it does seem to be acting up and i'll try and fix it tomorrow

The bug regarding mining/woodcutting labors not forcing them to pick up equipemnt is present on your version as well as the official DT. I forged 5 new steel picks, enabled 5 new miners and turned off all other labors.  They stay idle and don't get the picks.  If have to go in-game pref>labors and toggle Mining off and back on and they all jump up to get get their equipment and start mining.

it was mentioned previously in the thread it's been fixed in both versions, but you'll have to manually update the layouts or download it again.

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: March 24, 2012, 06:08:04 pm »

I deleted the 34.06_graphics.ini and restarted DT. it detected the game version and downloaded the ini, but I am getting bad numbers on the attributes tab.
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/a5uo2

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1580 on: March 24, 2012, 06:15:46 pm »

I deleted the 34.06_graphics.ini and restarted DT. it detected the game version and downloaded the ini, but I am getting bad numbers on the attributes tab.
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/a5uo2

until a merge is done the main dt doesn't quite use the same layout as the branch i've been working on. if you're using the build with attributes/roles/etc. you'll have to update your layout files with the ones here or download the last version from my previous post in the thread.

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: March 24, 2012, 06:28:47 pm »

I redownloaded the entire DT 9 from your post. I think its newer, and has a slightly bigger file size; 6,290,108 bytes vs 6,290,107 bytes.

I may have had an old version.

drh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: March 24, 2012, 09:54:27 pm »

Suggestion, if it hasn't already been brought up:

Something I'd like to see out of DT is the capability to treat custom professions as job masks or logical overlays to assigned labors rather than absolute configurations -- all too often I want Urist McSmith and Urist McJones to have the same core profession (farmer, for example), but have McSmith butcher and cook while McJones processes plants and brews. As it is it's a little inconvenient having to select the profession and then manually (re)select additional jobs, or try to have someone basically have the jobs of two or more defined professions. Job masks would allow quite a bit more granular control over labor assignment.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: March 25, 2012, 04:20:38 am »

I agree, I set my farmers to plant gathering as well, but can't custom professions do this now?

Suggestion, if it hasn't already been brought up:

Something I'd like to see out of DT is the capability to treat custom professions as job masks or logical overlays to assigned labors rather than abs :)olute configurations -- all too often I want Urist McSmith and Urist McJones to have the same core profession (farmer, for example), but have McSmith butcher and cook while McJones processes plants and brews. As it is it's a little inconvenient having to select the profession and then manually (re)select additional jobs, or try to have someone basically have the jobs of two or more defined professions. Job masks would allow quite a bit more granular control over labor assignment.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: March 25, 2012, 05:35:24 pm »

babies born in between immigration waves are now counted as a seperate "wave". awesome.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: March 25, 2012, 05:44:50 pm »

babies born in between immigration waves are now counted as a seperate "wave". awesome.
That's always been true.  DT looks for the ID of each creature, as they occur in sequence.  1-7 will be dwarves, 8-10 will be groundhogs, 11-13 will be your first migrant wave, DT just interprets them into groups.

Of course this doesn't work much anymore, with historical migrants having different creature IDs, it's possible that your 5th migrant wave will have dwarves with an ID lower than the starting 7.

Schattensonner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: March 25, 2012, 10:40:25 pm »

I have a question/suggestion about/for splinterz version

Can we combine multible roles into a new/custom one ?
For example I want to have the evaluation of a custom profession I defined, let it be my "Forager" (Woodcutter+Herbalist(+opt. Beekeeper)) for now.
Right now I just arranged the corresponding skills/roles to be next to each other in the gridview, but IŽd rather just have the "Forager" role which is just combination of those 2 (+1/2) basic roles.
Well, I could just combine those 2+ roles by using the respective skills/attributes/traits/whatever in the ini-file, but it seems like a quite clumsy solution.

I wonder if its possible to let the Forager role use the respective other roles values (WC/Herb/(BK)) in the calculations.
Maybe in the Ini it could just look a bit like this..

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If this is already implented in some way, Id be thankful if someone could point me into the right direction, I cant find it myself right now.

btw.. Big thanks to all of you who work on this essential tool

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1587 on: March 26, 2012, 03:19:14 am »

For example I want to have the evaluation of a custom profession I defined, let it be my "Forager" (Woodcutter+Herbalist(+opt. Beekeeper)) for now.
Right now I just arranged the corresponding skills/roles to be next to each other in the gridview, but IŽd rather just have the "Forager" role which is just combination of those 2 (+1/2) basic roles.
Well, I could just combine those 2+ roles by using the respective skills/attributes/traits/whatever in the ini-file, but it seems like a quite clumsy solution.

I wonder if its possible to let the Forager role use the respective other roles values (WC/Herb/(BK)) in the calculations.

If this is already implented in some way, Id be thankful if someone could point me into the right direction, I cant find it myself right now.

no it's not setup to handle recursive role declarations. you'll have to just add all the attributes, skills and traits to one role.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: March 26, 2012, 12:06:57 pm »

no it's not setup to handle recursive role declarations. you'll have to just add all the attributes, skills and traits to one role.

Let's just hope a gui interface for modifying/creating roles get's implemented soon! ;)

Flobulon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: March 26, 2012, 01:22:31 pm »

Splinterz, may I ask where your branch gets its caste information - the names of the castes specifically. I can't find them in the game_data.ini and I'd like to tweak the names of a couple of them. Great work by the way, I love it :)

Thanks to everybody for all their hard work on such an invaluable tool!
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 192