Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 863771 times)

Argelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)
« Reply #2205 on: June 11, 2012, 01:36:23 am »

Hello thistleknot,
Can you say a little bit more for the laymandwarf that I am, if it's a DFtherapist branche, a plug in or a side programm?
Argelle
Killing dwarves is so much fun. Heck, even the dwarves agree, else they wouldn't kill themselves so often.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2206 on: June 11, 2012, 01:42:57 am »

Currently it is a command box that uses data from exel spreadsheets, but he hopes to build it into Dwarf Therapist as a tab, similar to the role tab. What it does is this:

Lets say you have 4 Masonries, and want all of them being worked at at all times, you just say: Mason 4 and it will assign labors to as many dwarves as necessary to cover that. At least when it is done it should be able to do this.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Argelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: June 11, 2012, 02:40:53 am »

Until the dwarves' armies is fully professional (at a 100 pop, they still run two jobs alternatively by me :) swordwarf and bucher for exemple... wait, wrong example, it's the same :s ) it could be 4 masons on paper, but only 3 working and another weapon trainning, right? Do you plan to take this into account?
Related question, if I want 4 masons, until now I hit "group by nothing" in DFtherapist, then click on "mason" to classified what I think is by professional mason and afterthat by the ability to become one, and then click in the box of the candidates until I reach 4: is it the right way and how will it differs with the new comand box?

On a side, larger suggestion for DFtherapist: it would be usefull to add a line (top or buttom) with the number of each professions, no? So far it's cover by classified by profession, and the numbers are in the right colum but it's still no obvious how many professions are vacant. edit: one less question, the answer is that DF itself provide a list in the [Z] menu  :-[
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 05:13:09 am by Argelle »
Killing dwarves is so much fun. Heck, even the dwarves agree, else they wouldn't kill themselves so often.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2208 on: June 11, 2012, 03:34:45 am »

I cant answer all these questions correctly, sorry. I had a few looks at his code, and have seen the spreadsheets, but you better wait for thistleknot.

I do know that it takes military assignments and miner/woodcutter/hunter into account. As in: Miners cant be woodcutters and to forth.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: June 11, 2012, 09:15:20 am »

Hello thistleknot,
Can you say a little bit more for the laymandwarf that I am, if it's a DFtherapist branche, a plug in or a side programm?
Argelle

What it does is asks a user to assign to each labor/role he wants to use a: rank, a coverage value, and a number of dwarfs to be assigned.

Rank is the order in which the labors r assigned.  The dwarfs r sorted by matching role to fill those spots.

Then, a cost value is assigned to each dwarf when he's assigned a labor based on the desired coverage / dwarfs assigned.

Coverage = number of desired dwarfs at any given time available to do that job.

Hope that helps.

What this does is ensure multiple labors can be assigned to dwarfs while maintaining a desired coverage factor for each labor.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: June 11, 2012, 11:17:58 am »

dawrf, the rapist
  :o
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: June 11, 2012, 11:28:57 am »

dawrf, the rapist
  :o
Um, welcome to last year?

Also, I'm a firm believer in "you read what you want"... I never saw TheRapist until someone mentioned it in a video being overly dramatic.  (I think his wife was also along for the joke.)
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2212 on: June 11, 2012, 02:21:56 pm »

i've fixed the migration sorting and the role tooltip issue. let me know if you find any other bugs/problems!

download

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: June 11, 2012, 04:59:29 pm »

Until the dwarves' armies is fully professional (at a 100 pop, they still run two jobs alternatively by me :) swordwarf and bucher for exemple... wait, wrong example, it's the same :s ) it could be 4 masons on paper, but only 3 working and another weapon trainning, right? Do you plan to take this into account?
Related question, if I want 4 masons, until now I hit "group by nothing" in DFtherapist, then click on "mason" to classified what I think is by professional mason and afterthat by the ability to become one, and then click in the box of the candidates until I reach 4: is it the right way and how will it differs with the new comand box?

On a side, larger suggestion for DFtherapist: it would be usefull to add a line (top or buttom) with the number of each professions, no? So far it's cover by classified by profession, and the numbers are in the right colum but it's still no obvious how many professions are vacant. edit: one less question, the answer is that DF itself provide a list in the [Z] menu  :-[

this program will allow you to do your labor assignments this way.  You would just set coverage to half the number of dwarf's assigned for the labors you want to split up in such a fashion.

So you have melee/butcher's?  That would require an attention score of near .5 (i.e. 50% melee 50% butcher).
Example:

Butcher
  Coverage: 10
  # Dwarves: 20
  Attention = 10/20 = .5

Melee soldier
  Coverage: 10
  # Dwarves: 20
  Attention = 10/20 = .5

That would allow a dwarf to take both those position (.5 +.5 = 1) and he would have no other labors/roles/jobs assigned to him.  It would also allow you to maintain a coverage of 10 melee soldier's at one time, and 10 butcher's at one time.

However... such a concept requires you only having half your military active at any one time (I have 6 month rotations for my military, so I target an attention rate of .5).

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: June 11, 2012, 07:54:40 pm »

Um, welcome to last year?

Um, welcome to 1998.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htoFkn6S0H8

:P

Sorry for crap video but the alternative is a 6 minute video.

cybergon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: June 11, 2012, 09:21:15 pm »

Suggestion here: Make an option to limit the 'Group by' drop list by certain tabs. Perhaps a checkbox on each tab.

It would be useful specifically when you're trying to sort your dwarves by labor skills but not military or social skills.

I hope it's not too hard to implement.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2216 on: June 12, 2012, 03:48:47 am »

Suggestion here: Make an option to limit the 'Group by' drop list by certain tabs. Perhaps a checkbox on each tab.

It would be useful specifically when you're trying to sort your dwarves by labor skills but not military or social skills.

I hope it's not too hard to implement.

that's not a bad idea. i'll see if i can make the grouping tab/view specific as well like i did with the sorting, that should suffice for what you'd like right?

Argelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: June 12, 2012, 08:33:00 am »

I'd love this too. Currently I only use "nothing", "profession" "migration waves" and "squad". The "migration" order seems to be repared now btw.

King Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: June 12, 2012, 08:40:10 am »

I have an issue with splinterz's where the window will resize to a larger size durring use. This happens when the window is already maximized, so it resizes beyond the size of the screen. I haven't identified when this happens, I just notice that it's sometimes bigger.

daftfad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: June 12, 2012, 11:30:52 am »

I have an issue with splinterz's where the window will resize to a larger size durring use. This happens when the window is already maximized, so it resizes beyond the size of the screen. I haven't identified when this happens, I just notice that it's sometimes bigger.

Same here. Usually happens when I open another panel, like the dwarf detail.
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 192