Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 863782 times)

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)
« Reply #2220 on: June 12, 2012, 01:33:25 pm »

I get the resizing when I right-click on a dwarf who is close to the bottom of the screen. Then my windows expands to full screen (was less than full screen before). This is on linux, BTW.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Ploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: June 12, 2012, 08:13:10 pm »

I recently updated to 34.11. DT, which has kept up with all the 34.00 versions for me, is suddenly unable to detect DF or read dwarves. I've scanned this thread, but so much has happened in the last few days that I may have overlooked something.

Any help?

Oh--I'm running Windows 7.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: June 12, 2012, 10:18:54 pm »

We'll probably have to wait till the next memory.xml pops out somewhere for a manual update for Dwarf Fortress 34.11

With DFhack having become a tie-in to the SDL the memory.xml probably won't be got as fast

Unless they still use Memory.xml in it.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 10:21:20 pm by Kaelem Gaen »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: June 12, 2012, 10:29:44 pm »

They do not. there's like 5 or so global addresses, and pages and pages describing all the data structures used by the game, which is both good and bad.

Brandon816

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: June 13, 2012, 01:47:03 am »

I cobbled together a layout file from a pre-release version of the offsets in the DFHack thread for Windows 34.11 SDL. It works well enough for assigning job labors and picking up current jobs, but still, use at your own risk and make sure to get the official layout whenever it is released. http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6488

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: June 13, 2012, 03:16:12 am »

New sleep icon back to Z's please :D
Eat icon is fine, drink is meh, just needs more contrast, a frothy flagon would be great!
Attend Party icon could be balloons, instead of what looks like a traffic cone ;p
Pen Pasture could just a cow icon, it looks like a clothesmaking type thing atm.

New icons may look a bit prettier, but they just seem to blend into the background a bit to much. Adding missing icons for existing stuff is good, but these new ones are very elf like heh.

I'd much prefer solid colour blocks instead of the new gradient style for enabled roles etc. Can this be an option please it just looks far better.

And there seems to be some rendering issues, v12 compare to v13 below. And those un-symmetrical skill level thingies(see Animal Training below) are gonna send my brain potty, as is the grid lines themselve *twitch* it's 1 pixel horizontally and 2 vertically. Setting cell padding to 1 makes the grid look a bit better, but then the Current Job icons are resized and then become all blurry which makes them even worse, and then the diamonds(for leg skills) go wonkey lol...

And the font rendering, i was wondering why it wasn't as clear before i took these 2 screenshots. It seems compacted uuurgggh.

V12

V13

Please please please revert the UI rendering on the grids etc back to what they were, new icons i can live with but the UI uurrrrgghh.
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

Argelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: June 13, 2012, 03:36:06 am »

And the font rendering, i was wondering why it wasn't as clear before i took these 2 screenshots. It seems compacted uuurgggh.

If clear type is off, it may cause the ugly font, not Therapist :
Left, on my computer :
Killing dwarves is so much fun. Heck, even the dwarves agree, else they wouldn't kill themselves so often.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: June 13, 2012, 04:51:33 am »

The letters are 1 pixel closer together which is what's making it harder to read all cramped up, nothing todo with cleartype. And i like to see my pixels anyways so cleartype looks ugly to me.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2228 on: June 13, 2012, 05:26:54 am »

@Intrinsic

the header font is the same as the dwarf name/row font now, previously it was a set default. if it's that much of an issue i can add another setting to specify the header font. the icon blurriness shouldn't occur unless the cell size is too small (less than 16/16 for most icons). if you add cell padding, the cell size shrinks so you may have to play with it to get it just right with padding and clear icons. the font also seems to sometimes affect the row height slightly. i know it will be hard as you seem to fight change, but try changing the font perhaps.

i'll change the party hat to balloons, the mug is here to stay for a while (i'm no graphic artist). but elf like!? now you're just being offensive! really though if you know of a comprehensive 'dwarfish' icon set, let me know. yes, i know the sleep icon isn't obvious i'll figure out something else, worst case, back to z's.

i'll add an option for the cell gradients as there have been a few people complaining about it. for that awful, horrible, garish, massive 1 pixel border issue, we'll see... i had to make some changes for the padding to work properly which might have affected them. i'll work on getting the skill drawings centered though.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: June 13, 2012, 06:43:38 am »

The font looks the same it's just for some reason the letters are closer together, just looks cramped and less easy on the eyes. The dwarves names didn't get squished like that for some reason. And yeah i tried changing the font size already to get around the resize issue Tahoma 8, Cell Padding 1, Cell Size 18 works well, and then it's only some of the skill level display that are slightly off center, but it's minor really. And it's not about being resistant to change, it's just that it looked great as it was, as the saying goes "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

The liquid in the mug just needs to be more brown then it'll stand out great, the icons you've done are really nice. And lol the elf like was just a reference to stuff being made more "pretty" :) The sleep icon is really nicely drawn, maybe adding a little Z to it in the top right hand corner could help?

The grid is great as long as i keep it at 1 cell padding, i just had it at 0 so i could fit everything on the screen so i didn't have to scroll across to see arch/alch/clean.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2230 on: June 13, 2012, 07:11:56 am »

i know what you mean, i think it's because of the vertical drawing that seems to squish the font. i think i'll just add an additional font option and be done with it.

oh but it was broken, that cell padding was messed up something fierce. i'm sure the border lines problem is something that can be fixed.

no that's what i mean, i haven't done the icons at all, i've just used a free set i found. making it a brown ale is a good idea though, i think i can handle that!

yeah it's the cell padding 0 that seems to cause the most grief, as cell edges are drawn on top of each other so lines have to be force drawn over top etc. regardless, input is always valued, so thanks.

ab9rf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ab9rf@github
« Reply #2231 on: June 13, 2012, 08:14:02 am »

We'll probably have to wait till the next memory.xml pops out somewhere for a manual update for Dwarf Fortress 34.11

With DFhack having become a tie-in to the SDL the memory.xml probably won't be got as fast

Unless they still use Memory.xml in it.
The DFHack peeps had working offsets for DwarfTherapist within hours of the DF .34.11 release.  Been available now for over a week.

plaidman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: June 13, 2012, 02:43:13 pm »

I got tired of waiting for the "official" OSX offsets, so I made an attempt to do them myself. Based on personal quick tests, these look to be working fine, but no guarantees this won't make your mac warp to another dimension.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Xilikraz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: June 13, 2012, 05:05:33 pm »

I don't mean to sound dumb..but where do I put that?

eataTREE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: June 13, 2012, 07:54:28 pm »

Heh. You coulda just used mine from a few pages back in the thread. I promise yours won't warp your mac into another dimension, since they appear to be the same as mine :)

I got tired of waiting for the "official" OSX offsets, so I made an attempt to do them myself. Based on personal quick tests, these look to be working fine, but no guarantees this won't make your mac warp to another dimension.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 192