Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Delve Deeper (or die trying)  (Read 3130 times)

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Delve Deeper (or die trying)
« on: September 17, 2010, 02:48:31 am »

Just spotted the trailer for this on steam, looks like it will be interesting.
Delve Deeper
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Delve Deeper (or die trying)
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 02:54:23 am »

Why is there no purchase option (or even a price). Looks kinda interesting though.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 02:56:58 am »

Why is there no purchase option (or even a price). Looks kinda interesting though.

No idea, perhaps they simply haven't activated it for pre-orders yet. It is £3.99 over on gamers gate or £3.20 on impulse so I'm expecting a similar price.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 03:13:47 am »

No idea, perhaps they simply haven't activated it for pre-orders yet. It is £3.99 over on gamers gate or £3.20 on impulse so I'm expecting a similar price.

I would get it on impulse but it's blocked at work, most annoying. But it looks like it's worth ~£4 so might have to give it a go.
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 03:23:04 am »

Innnnnteresting. I think i'll buy this. Looks like a fun concept. Is it multiplayer?

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 03:27:13 am »

Innnnnteresting. I think i'll buy this. Looks like a fun concept. Is it multiplayer?

About 50 seconds into the trailer it says battle the ai, or your friends. So there is some multiplayer but I'm not sure how it works and probably not co-operative.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 03:35:18 am »

About 50 seconds into the trailer it says battle the ai, or your friends. So there is some multiplayer but I'm not sure how it works and probably not co-operative.

I just read the reviews/blurb. Computer is running on dial up right now because someone in my family used all the broadband up and then blamed me.... But yea. I wasn't to sure about the meaning behind it. Could be cool.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 05:17:52 am »

I recall a thread about this before and I also remember there being a demo. Except I couldn't download it, because the official site was overloaded or something. Apparently they took it off the site, but it's still around the web.

EDIT: Oh, wait, no. It's still on their site.

Also,
HD Pixel art
What? What does that mean? I thought "pixel art" was about pixels so big it's not "High Definition".
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 05:21:40 am by Virtz »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 05:19:29 am »

I have some store credit with Impulse. If anyone grabs this let me know if it's fun.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 06:55:54 am »

And so, Dwarf Fortress has been remade, and is ready to be released to the general public. Well, at least the females have beards too. It's a plus.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2010, 07:41:24 am »

Both the demo and the errrrrr ... full demo are readily available all over the web. No need to bend over for DRM clients at all.

That being said... I found the game rather boring real quick, but for that price, well, it doesnt need to be great does it?

I always thought it probably would be funner if it was a real boardgame.

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2010, 08:59:13 am »

Wow. Holy Lost Vikings, Batman.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2010, 12:22:41 pm »

And so, Dwarf Fortress has been remade, and is ready to be released to the general public. Well, at least the females have beards too. It's a plus.
This isn't even trying to be DF, just because something has dwarves digging it is now a DF clone?
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2010, 12:31:35 pm »

This isn't even trying to be DF, just because something has dwarves digging it is now a DF clone?
Well, the king does wear purple. Though I'd at most call that a homage (or just a coincidence).

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2010, 12:32:57 pm »

Well, the king does wear purple. Though I'd at most call that a homage (or just a coincidence).

Purple is traditionally the color of royalty.
Pages: [1] 2