Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: carp  (Read 350 times)

aepurniet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
carp
« on: September 16, 2010, 01:18:53 pm »

im about to build a pump stack from a carp infested river (in 0.31.13).  are carp still as dangerous as they once were?  im playing an original 7 embark, so i cant really afford to lose one to those bozos.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: carp
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 01:23:06 pm »

No, carp are mostly harmless in version 0.31. Of course, your dwarves may still try to attack them and end up dodging into the river/pond and drowning, so it's still a good idea to avoid them.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

aepurniet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 01:29:41 pm »

allright, here goes nothing. its the only water source on the map, and i cant live without a moat around the entrance.  also im trying out a new contraption that should provide water to every level of my fort, and is emptyable as well. once that works, im building a magma one on the other side. oh the fun.

NKDietrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 02:08:08 pm »

allright, here goes nothing. its the only water source on the map, and i cant live without a moat around the entrance.  also im trying out a new contraption that should provide water to every level of my fort, and is emptyable as well. once that works, im building a magma one on the other side. oh the fun.

Running magma and water is as necessary to fort design as running hot and cold water is to your house! Good choice :)