Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 300324 times)

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (session on Saturday) (always recruiting)
« Reply #1125 on: February 23, 2011, 10:49:44 pm »

doing drugs
Ethan is a druid...
We best plan for the funeral now then.
Well, I could probably Delay Poison, then try to go on a badass killing spree to get to level 9 in that hour so I get immunity to all poisons.

No. Wait. I finished off my stash after Dwarftown. I've been in withdrawal this whole time.
Lets just hope that Ethan doesn't suffer a stroke from the additional pressure in his circulation. Either way he's with the person who has a somewhat reasonable heal check.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: February 24, 2011, 06:20:01 pm »

That too. Now for the journalog, which will continue with the flashback tradition we have going:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: February 24, 2011, 06:32:59 pm »

I am not including backstories in my master list unless specifically told to by shoruke. While they explain character drives, they aren't really an accurate representation of the game, since the stories might not fit in shoruke's world.

As such, I am adding Ethan's and Maelrigar's because they do contain small elements of things that actually happened in the session, but Van's isn't on that list because it is entirely backstory.

I do think a backstory section with approved backstories for the participants wouldn't be a bad idea though.

(Edit, GO BLIND ZEPHYR!)
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: February 24, 2011, 07:42:52 pm »

I don't think that the backstory needs to be on the master list anyways. It's replacing the previous background on my character sheet, so if the character sheet is used later it'll be recorded.

(Oh, and go Desert Wind! It's going to be a tie.)

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: February 24, 2011, 08:43:22 pm »

Sightless birds are cooler than sandstorms.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: February 24, 2011, 09:07:22 pm »

Desert Wind. Blind Zephyr is... Meh. Desert Zephyr, perhaps.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: February 24, 2011, 10:28:03 pm »

Just discovered Zephyr isn't some kind of bird.
MTG corruption FTW!

I don't like the "Desert" word in the ship's name.

How about "Procan's Kindness"

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: February 24, 2011, 10:39:42 pm »

Isn't Procan a water god or something?

I like desert in the name. I object particularly to the "blind" part. Perhaps Blazing Wind, Black Zephyr, the Sandstorm, Purple Power, Squishy, Sandrunner, Maelstorm, Vox Mortis (Voce of Death), Vox Aerae (Voice of the Wind, Voice of the Air), Sandgoing Transportative Vessel of Sesquipedalian Locquaciousness

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: February 24, 2011, 11:40:13 pm »

At the moment I'm in favor of Desert Wind, but I'd totally go for a new poll with those options.

How about "Procan's Kindness"
That would be incredibly ironic, considering that Mysteller and Maelrigar are probably the only beings on the continent that believe in Procan. (Procan is the god of oceans... we're on a flying island.)

@Shoruke - How about them Item Familiars? I think Maelrigar's greatsword could use some sentience.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: February 24, 2011, 11:50:06 pm »

Something like Desert Wind it's obvious what it is. A pack of hot air. Where's the adventure in such a name? We might as well call it Sandflier.
I don't like any of your names, although Mael storm has potential... ;)

Procan is the water god that the water orcs of the party follow.
I thought Procan's Kindness a great name. Think about it, what would be kindness from a god like Procan? A fitting name, but only when you look at it from an angle.
(Edit: And our justification of calling it such can come from Mael or Myst)

I thought blind was good because it can mean lacking direction, vision, or sight. It can mean uncontrolled. Example: A Blind rage or Blind chance.
So, Blind Zypher can easily mean A undirected wind. A Wind of Chaos. Something that comes up unexpectedly, which cannot be predicted.

(Edit: More arguments for Blind Zypher:
Zephyrus was the god of the west winds, a gentle wind and the bringer of spring.
So, When you talk about Zypher, you are talking about something coming from the west and bringing change. The lack of direction and randomness implied by Blind I think is very fitting to what players represent in a game world.)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 12:00:54 am by Kogan Loloklam »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: February 25, 2011, 12:03:05 am »

The water orcs and the grey elves.  ;D

Maelstorm would be hilarious, in my humble opinion. I don't really see Maelrigar suggesting Procan's Kindness, though. It's a boat, and boats go on oceans. We're not really on an ocean, so that isn't helping. The main part though is that Procan is serious balls-to-the-walls chaotic neutral. He's certainly not kind. His most common act in Deities and Demigods is to try to capsize a ship to make sure the sailors aboard know what they're doing. He doesn't try to murder everyone, but he's not the friendliest of sea gods. Just the manliest. Procan's Kindness wouldn't be a very fitting name, but it would certainly be ironic.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: February 25, 2011, 12:18:19 am »

Okay, time to spell out the joke with a mallet.

Procan isn't kind. Therefore a ship named Procan's kindness is naming itself after a non-existent thing.
Non existent like the water the ship sails on.
Now if Procan was to offer a kindness to his sailors, it would result in them being back on land. Well the ship is always on land.
Procan is also a water god though, which is important to remember. The ship acts as a refuge in a hot, dry climate, therefore it is seen as a gift from the gods for people who would otherwise be out in the hot air.

It's fitting, it just requires a few moments of thought and reflection.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: February 25, 2011, 08:22:40 am »

The entire reason that I suggested Desert Wind was because we are in a desert and we are using a ship powered by the winds. It makes sense and it's ambiguous enough to be the same name as an airship if we ever upgrade it.

If we had Procan's Kindness and we ever get into the air get ready for some DF fun (200d6 fall damage?). Just thought I'd point that out.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: February 25, 2011, 09:36:53 am »

While there are some oceangoing vessels called the Sea Wave, they aren't very inspired or interesting.
Take desert wind up a few levels in abstraction and I wouldn't have so much problems with it. As it is, there is nothing creative about it's name. Nothing unique. Also, how is "Desert Wind" Ambiguous?

Let's assume for a moment it is an airship, sailing majestically though... the jungles of South America.
Phew, good thing Desert Wind is ambiguous!

How about "Tactical Scorpion"
It keeps your desert theme without sand or desert directly mentioned.
Or we could go with "Justice Hawk"
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 09:46:38 am by Kogan Loloklam »

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: February 25, 2011, 10:09:27 am »

How about "Black Wind Fire and Steel?"
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 244