Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 57

Author Topic: Pick Your Scumteam - Mafia wins - Thanks to everyone that stuck with it  (Read 76186 times)

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
Re: Pick Your Scumteam - Reboot
« Reply #255 on: September 15, 2010, 06:55:43 pm »

Extension granted.

New deadline is Friday at 5 PM
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
  • sw33ter than sugar :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 15, 2010, 06:56:53 pm »

If I may explain my reasoning for voting for you, ToonyMan, perhaps Vector's reasoning will become clearer, too.

It isn't in the fact that you're not posting enough, or that you're not voting, it's just that your posts lack substance and quality that normally comes with any sort of genuine attack against another player. It's not enough to say "It's day 1, therefore I don't have to play serious yet." I'm voting for you because you're being unhelpful, and it's not changing. The only thing you've been doing is defending yourself, not attacking other players, not pushing people until they scumslip, just... coasting through. Org was trying to do the same thing earlier, and it just doesn't fly. We're here to win by lynching all the scum. Town cannot win if we just defend ourselves and remain passive.
You could check announcements.txt and see what events might trigger that line.

EDIT: And hide all your picnic baskets.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 15, 2010, 07:04:41 pm »

Something you, some ten hours ago, got reprimanded for.

Boy, you learn fast.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 15, 2010, 07:09:53 pm »

Finally grew a pair, now that you're not the #1 target for getting lynched, eh?

Don't worry, kid, your time will come  :P

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 15, 2010, 07:26:12 pm »

Elegy you shouldn't spend all your time coasting along just bringing up a "yep Toony is scum" thing every once in a while.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 15, 2010, 07:28:36 pm »

Also, mixing up all my games I'm in, meant Zai he he he.

I would have said straight man, but I had to say face for obvious reasons Vector.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 15, 2010, 07:33:06 pm »

Also, mixing up all my games I'm in, meant Zai he he he.
Wait. Which name is mine supposed to replace? Elegy or TM? Either way, it doesn't make sense, as Elegy is the one who has been calling you scummy, and he hasn't called me scummy since he FoSed me, I don't think.

Seriously cannot focus on this game right now. I'll reread from my last post again tomorrow, just like I did today. Maybe reread the whole thread if I have time tomorrow (not likely).
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 15, 2010, 07:40:48 pm »

But, now that the extension is in, let's lynch that backtracking, hypocritical, lying Vector.

I haven't lied or backtracked.  The only hypocrisy I have engaged in is to vote for someone on scumtells which I, too, have exhibited to a lesser degree.
Yeah, I'll get right back to you on that.

But, laser tag comes first. You understand, I'm sure.

We all understand, Webadict.

If I may explain my reasoning for voting for you, ToonyMan, perhaps Vector's reasoning will become clearer, too.

It isn't in the fact that you're not posting enough, or that you're not voting, it's just that your posts lack substance and quality that normally comes with any sort of genuine attack against another player. It's not enough to say "It's day 1, therefore I don't have to play serious yet." I'm voting for you because you're being unhelpful, and it's not changing. The only thing you've been doing is defending yourself, not attacking other players, not pushing people until they scumslip, just... coasting through. Org was trying to do the same thing earlier, and it just doesn't fly. We're here to win by lynching all the scum. Town cannot win if we just defend ourselves and remain passive.

Okay, uh, question here.

Does anybody ever listen to me when I point out that this is normal for ToonyMan? Vector, you have the advantage of time in the meta-department, but I've played a number of games with ToonyMan, and this is just what he does. I refuse, outright, to believe that you're unaware of that. In fact, that makes me rather suspicious. Not as much, however, as...

Zai, not noticing that he is now tied for the chopping block thanks to my vote. Apparently he doesn't care enough to reply?
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 15, 2010, 07:42:46 pm »

So he is deliberately frusterating, unhelpful and clandestine every game?

Sounds great. Not moving my vote.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 15, 2010, 07:49:03 pm »

Zai, not noticing that he is now tied for the chopping block thanks to my vote. Apparently he doesn't care enough to reply?
I noticed. I didn't think that bit was worthy of commenting on. Did you really expect me to say "o noez get ur vote off me!!!!! I CANT BE TIED"? If not, what exactly did you expect me to say? I replied to part of your vote-post. (But looking back, I see I failquoted you. You were the 4th quote in that post.)

Have you read the entire thread yet? If so, still think I'm scum?

[PPE:] So you're trying to policy lynch now? In other words, you're voting for TM without regard for whether he's actually town or not, because you don't like how he plays in general.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 15, 2010, 07:58:40 pm »

Uh, I don't like how he's being anti-town, so I'm voting for him.

What kind of a question, is that anyway, Zai?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 15, 2010, 08:00:05 pm »

Sloppy play?  I have been playing my darnest.
Random vote?  I explained why I voted Mr.Person
Popping in?  I'm always here playing.

And Vector you did a perfect straight face.
Meant to say Zai, not Mr.Person.

That way there's a lot more sense than Elegy which there would be none like you said.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 15, 2010, 08:08:40 pm »

Zai, Sorry to say, but you can't exactly excuse Toonyman because of his meta.
Didn't you yourself say that Meta is incorrect?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 15, 2010, 08:08:49 pm »

Does anybody ever listen to me when I point out that this is normal for ToonyMan? Vector, you have the advantage of time in the meta-department, but I've played a number of games with ToonyMan, and this is just what he does. I refuse, outright, to believe that you're unaware of that. In fact, that makes me rather suspicious.

No, it isn't "just what he does."  Or, at least, this isn't what I remember him doing.  The way he is right now comes off as flat-out uninvolved with the game, which I never noticed before.  I noticed him being nutty.  I noticed the vote-flopping.  I noticed a lot of things... but this comes off as a different behavior to me, which is why I am going to continue to vote him on it, no matter how many people try to make me stand down.

I've caught Toony as scum multiple times, when everyone else was saying "No, that's just Toony being Toony."  I may have mis-calibrated, but I'm not going to go "Oh, Toony is just being scumtacular as usual. *ignore*"

Toony, here's your reasoning:

He's posting a rapid fire of questions just like the last game.

Yes, that's really... good to see, man.  That really clears things up and makes everything nice and explainable.

And...

This game is being really stupid, damn.  I'm going to keep my vote on Zai.

I'm aggravated at this game and after scanning through Zai doesn't improve.

Second choices would be Mr.Person and Tack.

Mystery choice would be Josh.

This is why you're still voting.  In what world do you think this is acceptable, hm?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 15, 2010, 08:23:28 pm »

You caused chaos and confusion in the majority middle of the game, this is the rebound.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 57