Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Regular Show  (Read 5327 times)

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
Regular Show
« on: September 12, 2010, 12:31:14 pm »

So, I was watching Cartoon Network the other night checking to see if anything good was on (ie. Ed Edd n Eddy, Adventure Time, Ect.) and I came across Regular Show. Regular Show is a cartoon about two best buddies who are live-in groundskeepers at a park and the adventures they get into. Now, the two main characters are Mordecai, a blue jay, and Rigby, raccoon. Mordecai and Rigby are roomates with a very juvenille mindset who attempt to entertain themselves in the most interesting ways possible. Their adventures range from stealing a magic keyboard called "The Power" from a wizard taking a piss, to summoning an eldritch, extradimensional monster over a game of Rock Paper Scissors.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Regular Show is the brainchild of J.G. Quintel, creative director for the now discontinued show The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack. The show itself is very trippy in it's artstyle and general wackiness.

Trailer
Pilot
FIST PUMP

2 in the AM PM- A short by J.G. Quintel. Two gas station attendents trip on LSD during their early morning shift. Characters from Regular Show make appearances. Not for children.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Regular Show
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 04:09:01 pm »

Wow.
I was just about to make a comment about this show on the Happy thread, but I'll do it here.

I just saw this youtube video and I was impressed.

I'm definitely going to keep tabs on this, although sometimes the humor is really grating to me.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 04:13:00 pm »

It's breaks the immaturity barrier at astonishing speed, but it's actually passably decent.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 07:59:27 pm »

Regular Show is the brainchild of J.G. Quintel, creative director for the now discontinued show The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack.

WHAT WHAT WHAT NO
Shoes...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 08:00:38 pm »

Look like it ended in August this year.

Labs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 08:16:58 pm »

Regular Show is the brainchild of J.G. Quintel, creative director for the now discontinued show The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack.

WHAT WHAT WHAT NO

Sadly, it is no longer with us. I loved Flapjack.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 03:22:59 pm »

I hated that show and I will most likely hate this show.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 03:44:09 pm »

Funny, One of my names is rigby.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Labs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 09:00:45 pm »

So, a new episode aired about two hours ago. New characters were introduced and they were tasked with picking up the "special entertainment" for a child's birthday party. The entertainment ended up being a drunken clown and his horse from a sleazy motel. The clown and horse were fried by The Destroyer of Worlds; a giant pixelated demon head that was released by Mordecai and Rigby from an old arcade machine. The episode did not fail to entertain.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 02:05:08 pm by Labs »