Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: It's almost like the RNG knows...  (Read 1009 times)

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
It's almost like the RNG knows...
« on: September 09, 2010, 06:25:34 pm »

I saw a bunch of similar (albeit old) threads concerning individual and engraving names, but nothing about historical events.

This is my first DF2010 world generation. I was peeking through the Legends and discovered this. Enjoy. :)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: It's almost like the RNG knows...
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 06:26:40 pm »

Mmmm... Sapient Bodies...

Blood for the Blood God!
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 06:33:15 pm »

Very nice. The Beak of Larks seem to be kinda ill fitting there. Unless it's some sort of an exotic dish, that is.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 07:02:01 pm »

Very nice. The Beak of Larks seem to be kinda ill fitting there. Unless it's some sort of an exotic dish, that is.
I'm pretty sure the Empire started the Battle of Munching because it didn't like having the Beaks of Larks chewing on its citizenry. :D
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

claer_runway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 11:33:34 pm »

i'm assuming most of the munching occurred after the battle :P
You can't program common sense.

like Skies of Arcadia?:
http://www.youtube.com/user/clearrunway

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 11:45:15 pm »

One of my worlds has fire-themed everything. My first fortress there was named "Match"something.
There was a Dwarf named Urist Steamsomething that killed Bob Somethingflame at the Peaks of Burning during the War of Ignition.
I gotta figure out which one of my worlds that is. I'll post screenshots of legends if I still have it.

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 01:20:48 am »

My most recent failure was "Rhythmarrows".  We were defeated because of a Forgotten Beast whose attack made melee impossible (the cloud of dust basically pushed away everyone before they could attack).  Had we been in possession of arrows, the fort would be thriving to this moment.

I found an even better site, with a volcano and flux although this time around there will be goblins to deal with as opposed to isolation in Rhythmarrows.  Considering we've built our fort at the very top of this steep mountain and the fort itself is named named "Windhame" (home of the wind), it's sounding pretty promising. 
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

pushy

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 11:05:10 pm »

Disgraceful. Lark beak is, or rather was, an elven delicacy. It was such a desirable object for the elves to eat that they drove the lark to extinction. The elves, devastated by the loss of their beloved meal, named one of their groups after the dish, so that its memory would live on.
Quote from: Tim Edwards, PC Gamer UK
There are three things I know about dwarves:
1. They've got beards. Even the women.
2. They're short. Especially the women.
3. They're Scottish.