Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: adding a civilization to my world map.  (Read 1067 times)

zincdreams

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
adding a civilization to my world map.
« on: September 07, 2010, 02:33:37 pm »

hey everyone, i was wondering if there is a way to add an elf/human civilization to a word map? i have a fully functioning fortress that has zero trading partners. not even the dwarves come to trade, though i do get immigrants from time to time (which makes me suspect that they lack a leader, as opposed to being extinct )

my question is, can i use a mod to start a civilization near my current fortress to start a trade network? is there something in the raw file i can edit to force a human/elf civ to be present or increase the range of their trade caravans? i am 90% sure they are present on the world map, just out of range.

any help is hugely appreciated!

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: adding a civilization to my world map.
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 02:50:35 pm »

I don't think there is anything that you can do since the worod has already been genned. Sorry, man. Good luck, though!
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 05:38:18 pm »

If you're not even getting dwarven caravans, then that implies that your civilisation is extinct. As for the humans and elves, they are either extinct as well, or blocked by a mountain range or ocean. Civilisations will always trade with you if there is a path to the fort, the only limiter is the triggering level of production in your fort.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 05:57:36 pm »

Removing [CHILDSNATCHER] from Goblins results in them trading with you as I recall. Or does that not work in this version?