Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1063 1064 [1065] 1066 1067 ... 1127

Author Topic: Out of context and funny quotes thread. 15000 posts and still chugging.  (Read 1718568 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Out of context and funny quotes thread. 15000 posts and still chugging.
« Reply #15960 on: January 01, 2020, 07:25:26 am »

Gamers are the worst thing to happen to gaming.
This quote is just true, in any given scenario.
Yo me gamer just means someone who plays a game. Games need to be played, so gamers are needed. Is there another definition of gamer you are using? If so, what is the definition you used?
It’s a general statement. You could swap out ‘Gaming’ for pretty much anything on Earth that Humans created (And everything else besides) and ‘Gamers’ for Humans. It’s meant to be paradoxical to suggest that Humanity mishandles virtually everything they come into contact with in some way, shape, or form, even, if not especially, the things that Humans themselves have created. Specifically, the quote could refer to anything from Gamergate to games journalism to all voicechat, to the act of continuing to support Companies with morally dubious methods and principles, to the very act of playing a Game designed as art, and interpreting it in a manner which completely negates the Artist’s original intention. Humanity finding a way to mishandle the things which were designed for it, and everything else besides.
Thank you. It’s interesting that we manage to mess up so much
Everything we touch turns to crap!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15961 on: January 01, 2020, 09:43:59 am »

Yo me gamer just means someone who plays a game. Games need to be played, so gamers are needed. Is there another definition of gamer you are using? If so, what is the definition you used?
It’s a general statement. You could swap out ‘Gaming’ for pretty much anything on Earth that Humans created (And everything else besides) and ‘Gamers’ for Humans. It’s meant to be paradoxical to suggest that Humanity mishandles virtually everything they come into contact with in some way, shape, or form, even, if not especially, the things that Humans themselves have created. Specifically, the quote could refer to anything from Gamergate to games journalism to all voicechat, to the act of continuing to support Companies with morally dubious methods and principles, to the very act of playing a Game designed as art, and interpreting it in a manner which completely negates the Artist’s original intention. Humanity finding a way to mishandle the things which were designed for it, and everything else besides.
Thank you. It’s interesting that we manage to mess up so much
Everything we touch turns to crap!
It's the MyAss touch.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #15962 on: January 01, 2020, 10:30:21 am »

The Mierdas Touch.
In a time before time, I had a name.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #15963 on: January 01, 2020, 05:04:20 pm »

Its up to you guys to decide the capitalization.
Quote from: Sentence I just heard.
Mom don't drink Pop.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15964 on: January 01, 2020, 05:17:17 pm »

Capitalization or punctuation? Because if it's the former, you KNOW I gotta go with:
mOm DoN't DrInK pOp.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15965 on: January 01, 2020, 06:33:35 pm »

I’m guessing you mean punctuation, so here you go
Mom, don't drink, Pop.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15966 on: January 01, 2020, 09:08:44 pm »

Um, no, Pop was capitalized, which would make it mean "father" rather than "soft drink".

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #15967 on: January 03, 2020, 03:15:27 am »

Jared started picking the wantons out with his hands, quickly and violently like a bird picks fish out of water.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15968 on: January 03, 2020, 08:07:34 am »

I want to have my cake and burn my asshole with it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15969 on: January 03, 2020, 09:14:24 am »

Contextually, it probably refers to the gamergate thing. See the "gamers are over" article on Gamasutra (which is a site for game industry developers), for an example of the context, and as one that generated a lot of offense.

It's similar to noticing that some Star Wars fans are toxic, then just saying "fuck Star Wars fans" then when a lot of Star Wars fans get offended, you say "I only mean the 'toxic' Star Wars fans, not all fans - why are you butthurt? Only a toxic fan would get offended that I said 'fuck Star Wars fans' ". Similarly, a bunch decided to define "gamer" as "toxic players" then when they started going "fuck gamers" they got surprised that a broad swathe of players got offended. For a while, the implication was that calling yourself a "Gamer" was like being an armband-wearing Nazi or something.

It really is part of a corporate trend where they have a die-hard core of loyal fans, and they somehow convince themselves that the core fans are the problem behind why their thing isn't more widely popular, so they then dump a shit on the fans and try and appeal to non-fans, and then get surprised when more often than not, the thing implodes. Really, the game industry just wants to exploit the masses so they decided that hardcore gamers were holding back sales, and took a dump on everyone who's a long-term video game nerd. The industry really hopes that games will become like movies, i.e. just about everyone's played the latest blockbuster game the same as just about everyone has seen Pulp Fiction or something. but for that to happen they feel they need to shed their dedicated fanbase and make stuff that has "everyman" appeal. What that means however is games that only appeal to everyone but in the shallowest of senses - no deaths, all quick-time events, no need to learn skills.

So from the corporate point of view, gamers are a problem because it's because of gamers that we ended up with all these in-depth genres popping up rather than all being good little mindless consumers where every family's bought the latest console and everyone is happy playing all the casual games they shill out.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 09:34:52 am by Reelya »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15970 on: January 03, 2020, 11:13:29 am »

A five gallon bucket full of mice sounds like a cannibalism pit waiting to happen if you ask me.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15971 on: January 03, 2020, 12:53:20 pm »

all quick-time events, no need to learn skills.
I believe Shenmue would like to have a word with you

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15972 on: January 03, 2020, 01:38:40 pm »

A five gallon bucket full of mice sounds like a cannibalism pit waiting to happen if you ask me.
something something study with rats in a Utopia
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #15974 on: January 03, 2020, 05:47:02 pm »

I was quoting it in a kind of ‘Humans are bad’ way, though you just summed up why I don’t play triple-A games anymore. Hopefully they all die in their own special, self-created fires, though I don’t have enough faith in Humanity to believe it’ll happen.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.
Pages: 1 ... 1063 1064 [1065] 1066 1067 ... 1127