Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do I tame a hippo?  (Read 827 times)

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
How do I tame a hippo?
« on: September 06, 2010, 01:52:46 pm »

I've captured 3 hippos(Mass cage traps) and I need to know what to use to tame them.
Anybody know?
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Gnauga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do I tame a hippo?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 02:07:29 pm »

Dungeon Masters seem bugged for the moment, so all you can do is modify their raws to make them tamable by normal means.

Find your save file and open up the creature_large_riverlake.txt file under objects. Hippo should be at the top of the list. Change the [PET_EXOTIC] tag to just [PET]. If you wanna make war hippos, add [TRAINABLE] below [PET]

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 02:08:03 pm »

Dungeon Masters seem bugged for the moment, so all you can do is modify their raws to make them tamable by normal means.

Find your save file and open up the creature_large_riverlake.txt file under objects. Hippo should be at the top of the list. Change the [PET_EXOTIC] tag to just [PET]. If you wanna make war hippos, add [TRAINABLE] below [PET]
meh. Okay.
EDIT: It worked! Thanks!
Now I have a source of meat in tough times.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 02:20:04 pm by GaxkangtheUnbound »
Proud of my heritage.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 03:44:34 pm »

meh. Okay.

You have hippos but no wild plants?
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 03:45:39 pm »

meh. Okay.

Plenty. I even tried feeding them vermin.
Proud of my heritage.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 03:47:00 pm »

meh. Okay.

You fed the plants?
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 03:47:54 pm »

meh. Okay.

You fed the plants?
No, no, no! The hippo!
Proud of my heritage.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2010, 03:50:27 pm »

meh. Okay.

You fed the plants?
No, no, no! The hippo!

But you said you needed the hippo meat for tough times, and I meant you could gather wild plants to eat. Then there would be no tough times.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2010, 03:53:16 pm »

meh. Okay.

You fed the plants?
No, no, no! The hippo!

But you said you needed the hippo meat for tough times, and I meant you could gather wild plants to eat. Then there would be no tough times.
Tough times, as in a siege.
Proud of my heritage.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2010, 03:54:18 pm »

meh. Okay.

You fed the plants?
No, no, no! The hippo!

Tough times, as in a siege.

Oh, I see.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2010, 08:14:39 pm »

Use NOEXOTIC to remove all pet exotic and mount exotic tags.