Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 98

Author Topic: Fight to the death the second: Round two  (Read 83953 times)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the death the second: Round two: Youmu VS A guardian naga
« Reply #1125 on: November 08, 2010, 03:38:58 pm »

Netherworld Reflection Slash -- 236 B/C

Youmu creates a reflector in front of her that throws back any projectiles that hit it, including very dense bullets like Okuu's 5C and even some spellcards. Can be high jump canceled.

Reflected bullets with homing properties now home in on the opponent instead, like Patchouli's 5C. Whenever a bullet is reflected, the reflector generates one additional bullet that is similar to Youmu's 5B bullet. Could be useful for turning the enemy's danmaku back against them, but is fairly situational and cannot be used offensively.
Magic missle wouldn't work, she has a spell card that deflects homing ranged attacks, so if the naga tried magic missle it would get hit by all of his missles plus one, so she would be able to block all of the naga's ranged attacks, and cause magic missle to hit the naga instead.
And looking at all her spell cards, it looks like she could fly over the naga and spam spells at it indefinitely killing it.
a example ranged card is:
Myon shoots a series of gigantic pink bullets, the number of bullets is determined by the level of the move. Bullets explode on contact, eating enemy bullets and dealing damage. Myon rests for a while before being used again for any C or 22B/C moves. This is Youmu's only airusable skill.
Each bullet is fired at a slightly different angle from the first, and they grow in size as they travel further. Has the same density as Yukari's C lasers, so will eat a lot of enemy bullets and give superb cover fire. The over 3 seconds of recovery on myon will prevent Youmu from using C bullets for a while, however.
This is moderately good for zoning and corner okizeme, since the bullets are slow, but there are other choices such as 5c or 2B/5B for okizeme. Disappears on graze, but deals anywhere from 1 to 2 orbs of spirit damage if blocked.
Note: If you level this card while it's recovering, it will shoot off the added bullet.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: November 08, 2010, 04:24:44 pm »

How intelligent is the naga, exactly?

How much of it's three days of research could it use?

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: November 08, 2010, 04:34:00 pm »

Smarter then a average human.
I think normal intelligence is 10-12 (not quite sure though) and the naga has 16 intelligence.
On the same note, i don't think a normal human in her universe would be able to find out what attacks that she uses (but then again, i know nothing about touhou)
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: November 08, 2010, 05:09:35 pm »

Magic missle wouldn't work, she has a spell card that deflects homing ranged attacks, so if the naga tried magic missle it would get hit by all of his missles plus one, so she would be able to block all of the naga's ranged attacks, and cause magic missle to hit the naga instead.

Correction- she'd be able to reflect the missiles, but not the rays or the lightning bolt (she'd be able to dodge the rays with relative ease, though).
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 06:18:09 pm by HailFire »
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: November 08, 2010, 05:21:01 pm »

I said it incorrectly, it would deflect lighting bolt, and cause homing attacks to home in on the naga

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: November 08, 2010, 09:53:31 pm »

so... she can fly, shoot, and be completely impervious to homing magic, fire beams, and lightning bolts? Where does it say that she can fly? Could I please have a simple list of her abilities? How long does her invulnerable shield stay up for?

As to the naga's endurance
1st six seconds:
 The naga can turn invisible and travel 40 feet
 2nd: expeditious retreat + 70 feet(110)
 3rd: run 280(390)
 4th-8th: 1400(1790)
 9th: invisible+70
 10th: expeditious+70(1930 feet=1 minute)
 11th-16th: 1680(3610)
17-18:spells+140(3750)
 19-24: 1680(5430)
reaches the point at which it must rely on luck to continue running
 25-26: spells+140(5570)
 27-33: hustles 980
becomes visible
 34: expeditious+70
35-42: 980(7600)
*I may have underestimated the spell durations, I wanted to be safe

It can convert higher-level spells to lower-level spells, and by doing so cast expeditious retreat another, lets say 10 times(10500 feet in 9 minutes), at which point it will drop down to 800 feet a minute, which it can maintain for hours without issue, partly because it is just a hurried pace, and partly because it can cure the damage from exerting itself. If it is getting shot at while running it will drop back to a hustle or even a walk to avoid drawing so much attention.(are the spell cards noisy and flashy enough to make it difficult to see and hear an invisible snake 'running' through the forest?)

The humans from nagaland walk at 300 feet per minute, the naga 'walks' at 400 feet per minute. So it is meant to be fast, but maybe D&D is slow...

Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: November 08, 2010, 10:12:09 pm »

Its not a invulnerable shield, its a ability she uses, i think it lasts less then a second (can't be sure without the fighting games), but i think that she can use it as many times in a row as she wants. And it deflects ranged attacks, and redirects homing attacks back onto the user.

Also, correct me if im wrong, but i don't think that the naga can run away AND cast spells at the same time
Getting the first spell off for the naga would be tricky, and getting the second off would be near impossible since i'm pretty sure that she could get to where the naga is in under 12 seconds and do a ton of damage in the time it would take to get the second spell off.

Yeah, the spell cards are noisy, but she wouldn't cast one if she doesn't know where it is, so the noise would be a bit of a non issue (and tracking a 20 foot snake would be pretty easy, even if its invisible)
http://hisouten.koumakan.jp/wiki/Konpaku_Youmu, that lists her abilities fairly well.

As too flying apparently she can, but it costs alot of spirit energy, so she couldn't do it continuously, but she regenerates energy fairly fast too i think (up to full in 10/15 seconds mabey?) when she isn't fighting.
If worse comes to worse, she could just run away from the naga and regenerate energy, and come back in a few minutes when its spells are worn off

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: November 08, 2010, 10:37:24 pm »

I do not concede that tracking a 20 foot snake is easy, adding invisibility would make it near impossible.

So it is not a permanent invulnerability shield, it is just an effectively permanent invulnerability ability. It still means she can fly and shoot while immune to ranged attacks. I think that that qualifies as effective invulnerability if the only thing that can hurt you is a supersonic flying melee attack.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: November 09, 2010, 06:45:22 pm »

Na, its not invunerability, quite a few of the people can fly (and punch her in the face if she puts it on), and some other people have ranged weapons that would work (eg. flamethrower, paul/duncan lasgun)
Also, considering, i don't think she can use it while flying.
But those are all moot points, even on the ground she could kick anybody's ass in this competition (besides mabey paul) easily, she wins in ranged combat, and she would obliterate anyone in melee very easily. The only way to win reliably would probably be a ranged first attack (that could outrun its own sound), and even that would be near impossible because she would just have her ghost scout for her.
I'm still calling for her disqualification because its pretty clear she's too strong for this fight.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: November 09, 2010, 08:43:14 pm »

Lightning bolt is technically an area effect rather than a ranged attack. How does her ranged defence react to, ummm, it basically fills a line with electricity, I think you can get partial cover behind furniture, but anything less than a solid wall won't stop it, and it can damage any objects in its path. How strong are her melee attacks? Comparing its natural armour rating to available Armours, the naga's skin is probably about as tough as a millimetre or two of iron, and with the protection offered by mage armour, which is presumably a form of repulsion field, it must be the equivalent of more modern materials. It is strong enough that if it manages to get its coils around its opponent than they are unlikely to escape.

What is the justification for the homing missiles redirecting onto a new target? Is it just because they lose their original target, because the magic missiles should be effective against ghosts, which is presumably the nature of the defences of someone who is half-ghost...
Read the First Post!

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: November 09, 2010, 09:54:02 pm »

She isn't half ghost really, she has 2 bodies, one full ghost and one full human.
The justification is thats what the ability does, if a homing spell/missile hits her sheild spell it will attack whoever cast it (and add one/two (depending on level) extra attack per hit), which means 5 magic missile hits would turn into 5 magic missle +10 of her ranged attack.
I'm not sure what (if any) spells and abilities her ghost form can use, but if the naga casts magic missle, she could just hide in a tree trunk for a few seconds and come out when magic missile hits the tree.

I'm not quite sure how strong her regular melee attacks are, i think she is more then strong enough to get through with brute force, but i doubt the naga's skin would help against any of her varied magic spells
eg.
Pillar projectile fired directly in front of Youmu, hitting 10 times for up to 100% limit. Is a reversal due to its invincibility frames. The attack does not happen immediately after superflash, however, so enemy can cancel into block on reaction from fast moves like 2A. Can be comboed into from certain moves, and does surprisingly good damage if you can get off a 5AAA vs an airborne opponent.
Which sounds like it would do a ton of damage to the naga, definitely enough to knock it out of spellscasting.
or
Myon freezes in position and sends out circular waves of energy around itself. Hits five times, causing knockdown. Hits a much larger area at max level. No difference between B and C. Myon rests for a while before being used again for any C or 22BC moves.
Quite situational for offensive use, good counter against jump-ins. Leads into 6B j.A j.6A for pretty good damage, or combo from 6C. Pretty fast recovery compared to the other 22, allows Youmu to j.6C after only a short delay, and gives her some field control since it eats enemy bullets.
The knockdown would definitely disrupt the casting.
or
A staple card for many decks; hits from about 3-4 bodies away. Is a projectile move which can be grazed. If not blocked, does 5 hits, If blocked low, guardcrushes then hits for 2354 damage, 40% limit. Combos from 5AAA for decent damage.
High damage for its cost and generally pretty useful to add a bit of damage off a 5A.
Which she could use at 10-20(?) feet away and again probably doing lots of damage to the naga.

Where the naga needs basically 6 uninterupted seconds to cast a spell, i think she can cast one in one second.
Sakura runpast. Runpast doesn't have a hit box. Delayed explosions afterward do the damage. Somewhat useful against blockers, and someone who doesn't know the spell card may stop blocking after the runpast and get hit by the explosions. Delayed explosions will stack up in the corner for high damage: up to 5123 damage after hitting 100% limit, and does massive spirit (around 3.5 orbs) if blocked in corner. Otherwise, drains approximately 0.5 orbs for every explosion that hits, and typically does no more than 3000 damage used midfield. Can however easily be high jumped out of on reaction.
and for lighting bolt to hit her, the naga would need to be able to aim at her reliably, using the ability above just before lightning hits would guarantee a miss (because she is on the other side of where the naga aimed), and the naga would again, take lots of damage.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: November 09, 2010, 10:17:41 pm »

-Netherworld Reflection Slash doesn't block beams/beam-like attacks. What part of that don't you people get? Also, it's only really useful against projectiles slow enough for her to react to.

-"+19 Concentration" means the naga has a good chance of not being interrupted during spellcasting despite being hit.

-The naga's really fucking big and heavy, so it's not likely to be knocked back/down easily.

Also, try looking up some Hisoutensoku videos on Youtube rather than reading move descriptions out of the wiki, so you have some actual context.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: November 09, 2010, 11:51:18 pm »

Yeah, if we're to ever finish this discussion without statting out each opponent in d20 terms, we better just take everything down to description level.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: November 10, 2010, 04:46:12 am »

The naga can cast one spell in any given 6 second period, but it can also cast a spell and then move for half a turn, so that knocks it down to 3 seconds to cast a spell. The abstraction of it makes it really difficult to pin down exactly how long it takes to perform an action.

Read the First Post!

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: November 13, 2010, 11:21:05 am »

Can we get a judgment in here?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 98