Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lovely waterfall  (Read 885 times)

brucemo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Lovely waterfall
« on: September 04, 2010, 02:48:45 pm »

I'm on a map with murky pools, a well that's always drying up because dwarves actually take water from it, and a small dwarven fusion reactor powering a millstone.

I noticed that the cook has a happy thought because he saw a lovely watfall.  This can only be the fusion reactor, which is misting sometimes.

An interesting, cheap, and safe way to make a waterfall I think.

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lovely waterfall
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 03:47:38 pm »

Yeah, I've noticed dwarves getting happy thoughts from waterfalls after draining a pool or something. I figured this could happen any time water moved between z-levels but it sounds like it's a direct result of mist being generated.

Khift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 04:37:04 pm »

I still had a lot of dwarves working when I flooded my last tree farm and many of them got the waterfall thought as well. In that case I think it had to do with them going underneath the brook (I had mined straight underneath the brook to connect the two sides of the farm together), opening the hatch and letting water fall into the connection tunnel. It was a pleasant surprise.

mLegion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 04:39:52 pm »

touching any mist (except magma mist) gives the happy waterfall thought. check out the mist generator on the wiki.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 09:54:08 pm »

touching any mist (except magma mist) gives the happy waterfall thought. check out the mist generator on the wiki.

Yes, magma mist is Not a good choice to make dwarves happy.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

bdunwithat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 12:09:09 am »

The elves how ever, love it.

Make a hallway and trade depot specifically for the elves and engineer a magma mist generator. The elves will be so happy that they will just drop all their stuff on the spot

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 10:00:57 am »

The elves how ever, love it.

Make a hallway and trade depot specifically for the elves and engineer a magma mist generator. The elves will be so happy that they will just drop all their stuff on the spot.

Yes they do. Also, however is only one word.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".