Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 33

Author Topic: BYOT mafia: Night 2 - 13/19 alive - Delicious  (Read 53367 times)

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOT mafia: 19 players and 3 gamblers
« Reply #90 on: September 03, 2010, 07:15:57 pm »

Lonewolf:  Which player do you think is hardest to detect as scum?

Webadict, but I think Vector will be harder once she's back on top of her game, simply because I'm mentally predisposed to believe everything she says. :-P

And what might that be, oh great and all powerful Vector? You don't have to answer now, but please do at some point after Spartan answers.
Are you even playing?  Do you even care about your attacks? Mr.Person, why are you such lazy scum?

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 03, 2010, 07:32:00 pm »

EVERY PLAYER IN THIS GODDAMN GAME: I propose we ignore the Gamblers. They will only distract us. And with 19 players, we need to avoid as many pointless distractions as possible. Maybe take into account what they have to say when we ween down to fewer players, but right now, ignore the fuck out of any posts by CobaltKobold, Leafsnail, and Solifuge. Goddamn it. They have abilities to affect the actual game with. Fuck. Fine. Pay attention to them.

Hey now, we've got a game to play here.

Shouldn't we ask random people (like Zai) random questions to get in their head, like which two people would you most want on your scum team or one like if you were scum, which two people would you most fear as town?
1) Who the fuck cares? Does it matter who I want on my scum team? No. It doesn't. Because this isn't that one new game of Ed's, where scumleader picks their scum team. This is just a fucking huge game. But I'll bite your goddamn hook anyway: I'd prefer it if I had Josh (not playing) and TM on my scumteam in a game. Josh, because we naturally fight each other, and the one game we were scum together, we didn't fight. I was disappointed. TM because TM.
2) Depends on the game. My "fears" of different townies would change as the game progressed. At the beginning, it would also depend on how everyone was acting at the start. Right now as scum, I'd be scared shitless by Ottofar and Spartan 117.

We-ell, Vector, or webadict, for skill, even though Vector was a bit rusty in BM13.

Most feared townies? Webby is quite obvious. Also you, perhaps. Experience. Basically same answer as yours.
Why the hell, as scum, would you fear Web as town? He's completely useless as Confirmed Townie. He is, however, quite unsettling as 3rd party [link to his early Paranormal game (6?) as Exterminator goes here].

@Rysith, you might notice that the question states two people.
OTTOFAR: Use quotes for fuck's sake! Especially in a game this goddamn huge! We shouldn't have to dig through the whole thread looking for the post where Rysith is talking about you!
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 03, 2010, 07:41:26 pm »

We-ell, Vector, or webadict, for skill, even though Vector was a bit rusty in BM13.

Most feared townies? Webby is quite obvious. Also you, perhaps. Experience. Basically same answer as yours.
Why the hell, as scum, would you fear Web as town? He's completely useless as Confirmed Townie. He is, however, quite unsettling as 3rd party [link to his early Paranormal game (6?) as Exterminator goes here].
Ouch. Burn.

To be fair, I more than made up for it by killing almost every player on the scum team in Paranormal 13. I even left the last guy with a big note saying "THIS GUY'S SCUM!" But nooooooo. Nobody let's me enjoy that one!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 03, 2010, 07:53:25 pm »

Your question implied two sole options, hence implying a false dilemma. If you had given no options, it would have been less of a fallacy.

I'm afraid you'll ask pointless questions, get us nowhere, then turn on someone town.
If you're worried about pointless questions, why worry about a false dilemma of that magnitude? Who's going to be swayed into thinking there's only two options by my listing only two?

You're a lot more verbose and detail-happy on the offensive. Why is that?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 03, 2010, 08:09:11 pm »

If you're worried about pointless questions, why worry about a false dilemma of that magnitude? Who's going to be swayed into thinking there's only two options by my listing only two?

You're a lot more verbose and detail-happy on the offensive. Why is that?
The first question is insulting to everyone's intelligence. The whole point is that a false dilemma SUBCONSCIOUSLY links those two answers as the only choices. It's like me saying: "What is your favorite animal: Cats or Dogs?" See the question itself doesn't imply that you can only have a certain answer, but the following line DOES. Therefore, when you put those two choices, it is a False Dilemma.

The first part of that question is that it is STILL setting me up to look bad. The subconscious aspect of the question is to determine whether I'm aggressive town or defensive scum. The fact that you're also implying that I have to defend myself correlates with being defensive, and hence with defensive scum. You want to keep this up, I'll start setting up some rope for you.

The second part of that first question is obvious when you take my example. EVERYONE. It's a simple display of Asch's Conforming Experiment: You're more likely to follow the example when someone else does as well. You are setting the trend. The answerer is more like to follow that. The more people that follow it, the greater the chance that another person would follow it.

Now that second question is obvious, in that I'm more able to nit-pick details to attack someone as I'm given more thought and preparation time to make an argument. Making a defense is not only more about talking than using evidence.

Now, you're going to stop, or I'm going to let you hang.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 03, 2010, 08:46:29 pm »

Archangel:  Who here do you think tends to give out the most scumtells when they are town?
Out of the people that I know have played several games, I think that Toony gives out more scumtells than other people, regardless of alignment. The only person other than me who hasn't posted anything yet is Spartan117, however the only thing dwarfguy has posted is this:
voting on solifuge.
Zai, who do you want to hear more from?

dwrafguy2, Nolor, maxicaxi & Org who are you suspicious of? Why?

Webadict, why do you think I'm cult?
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 03, 2010, 08:49:26 pm »

It's like me saying: "What is your favorite animal: Cats or Dogs?" See the question itself doesn't imply that you can only have a certain answer, but the following line DOES. Therefore, when you put those two choices, it is a False Dilemma.
The choices were the question though. If "Do you like cats or dogs better?" doesn't get them thinking about what animal they like better than either, they're not much use in mafia.

The first part of that question is that it is STILL setting me up to look bad. The subconscious aspect of the question is to determine whether I'm aggressive town or defensive scum.
One is real good, one is real bad. How does that subconsciously make you look bad?

The fact that you're also implying that I have to defend myself correlates with being defensive, and hence with defensive scum.
Only if you're not aggressive town. Are you worried you don't look like aggressive town, webadict?

The second part of that first question is obvious when you take my example. EVERYONE. It's a simple display of Asch's Conforming Experiment: You're more likely to follow the example when someone else does as well. You are setting the trend. The answerer is more like to follow that. The more people that follow it, the greater the chance that another person would follow it.
That could mean I'm trying to polarize people, yes. Asking one question of one person in order to whip everyone into a pro- or anti-webadict frenzy seems... exaggerated. Ignoring the pro part and claiming I'm laying the seeds of betrayal sounds paranoid.

Now, you're going to stop, or I'm going to let you hang.
Hugs <3

NINJA'D: Dear god Archangel my eyes. WHY GREEN?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 03, 2010, 08:55:39 pm »

Because I have to, of course. It'd be worse if it was yellow.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 03, 2010, 08:57:37 pm »

In-depth analysis of Ottofar:

In summary, Ottofar is scum.

[Semi-PPE:]
Zai, who do you want to hear more from?
I don't know but if you don't stop using that atrocious color, I am going to ignore you so fucking hard your grandmother won't feel a thing!

Yeah, sure you do.

I vote we have a policy lynch on all people with "post restrictions." Especially those that are quite annoying like this one.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 03, 2010, 09:06:58 pm »

I vote we have a policy lynch on all people with "post restrictions." Especially those that are quite annoying like this one.
Agreed. And that it's Archangel only makes this incredibly more agreeable.

The choices were the question though. If "Do you like cats or dogs better?" doesn't get them thinking about what animal they like better than either, they're not much use in mafia.

One is real good, one is real bad. How does that subconsciously make you look bad?

Only if you're not aggressive town. Are you worried you don't look like aggressive town, webadict?

That could mean I'm trying to polarize people, yes. Asking one question of one person in order to whip everyone into a pro- or anti-webadict frenzy seems... exaggerated. Ignoring the pro part and claiming I'm laying the seeds of betrayal sounds paranoid.

Hugs <3

I think I know my psychology. Stop doing it or I'll make you stop.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 03, 2010, 09:07:43 pm »

Yeah, sure you do.

Lime is fine in Darkling. Is this better?
My full sig

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 03, 2010, 09:12:16 pm »

Post without color. Do it or we lynch you.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 03, 2010, 09:13:25 pm »

Also, I forgot to unvote ... Toaster? Ottofar? Who did I vote for.

Mod. Vote Count!

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 03, 2010, 09:15:14 pm »

Okay. Unvote Ottofar for now. I'M COMING BACK TO YOU, DON'T YOU HOPE OTHERWISE.

Archangel needs to die. That post restriction is ridiculously annoying on my eyes.

[PPE:] I don't think you ever voted (with red anyway).

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 03, 2010, 09:17:18 pm »

How about I do this or this? I don't have to use green, just a colour. I used green on impulse. Sorry.
Okay. Unvote Ottofar for now. I'M COMING BACK TO YOU, DON'T YOU HOPE OTHERWISE.

Archangel needs to die. That post restriction is ridiculously annoying on my eyes.

[PPE:] I don't think you ever voted (with red anyway).
No, I did not vote. I'm waiting for answers to my questions before I do that.
My full sig
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 33