Poll

Blah.

blah?
- 0 (0%)
blah!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 285

Author Topic: YOU ARE WIZARD! - The Original!  (Read 213211 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: YOU ARE WIZARD! - Awesomeness.
« Reply #1605 on: October 06, 2010, 02:21:17 pm »

Not yet. That's a long term project, and I left out lots of important details, and depending on our discoveries the plan might be modified with time.

Rigth NOW, just make an interface that fits in your helmet, to give normal computer commands and programing through.

EDIT: it's long term because the laws of game balance means things just made in one turn will not be awesome enough.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 02:22:50 pm by Armok »
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: October 06, 2010, 02:30:52 pm »

We can't shape crystal that well... but I bet the dwarves can! Have them help make the helmet.

Also: make a few more crystal squirrels and throw them at trees. Then have the cryswarm consume them to make more of itself. It clearly gets smarter as it gets bigger.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: October 06, 2010, 02:40:18 pm »

We don't have enough reactives yet anyway to have even broken Cryswarm-500 yet, which is what it needs for complex commands (and bare-bones sentience) (Dragnar was right)

You plan on a way to give complex commands to the cryswarm, and the dwarves decorate the inside of your helmet (between the padding and the addy) with rings of Crysteel. (crystal would shatter too easily, they said)

You try to get the Cryswarm to eat the Crystal Tree, but it refuses to until theres a reactive on one of the leaves. Apparently it dislikes raw materials at this point, hopefully  that will change.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: October 06, 2010, 02:42:31 pm »

Meh. Give it all the reactives we have, that will get it up to 280 or so. Then try metamancing a few copies of beta.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: October 06, 2010, 02:48:20 pm »

Enchant the crystals of the helmet propely, and make another silly log, this time wirelesly while walking around.
Also, not NEEDING the cryswarm to be intelegent was why there'd be a computer betwen the cat and the cryswarm, the computer program would micromanage it, meaning the cryswarm would actualy require much LESS intelegence than now.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: October 06, 2010, 02:49:42 pm »

Enchant the crystals of the helmet propely, and make another silly log, this time wirelesly while walking around.
Also, not NEEDING the cryswarm to be intelegent was why there'd be a computer betwen the cat and the cryswarm, the computer program would micromanage it, meaning the cryswarm would actualy require much LESS intelegence than now.
Yes, we could do that... but the interface would take more skill than we have at the moment, and developing the cryswarm's size takes no skill at all. Why make things more complicated than they have to be?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: October 06, 2010, 02:55:44 pm »

more int = less needing to make weird combinations of single word commands.
but theres also the obvious cons to having a smart shapeshifter.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: October 06, 2010, 03:15:19 pm »

because we don't knowenoguht abaut the cryswarms loyality or the exact nature of it's intelegence. The ultimate goal of what I'm sugesting shuld make EVRYTHING under our comand a fully integrated extension of our own body and our own mind.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: October 06, 2010, 03:19:05 pm »

While that would be effective for a while, our mind has limits. The human mind stinks at multi-tasking(by the way: we should merge with the cryswarm at some point if possible) and couldn't handle too much at once. Also: we are both assuming WIZARD knows a rather insane amount about the brain considering this is a medieval setting.

Besides, why pass up the chance to learn more about the cryswarm? If it rebels we break it until it becomes dumb, then try again. I for one want to know how it will get smarter, and what it's mind will be like afterward.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: October 06, 2010, 03:24:49 pm »

umm, yea, that was the entire point of that huge chain of computers and brains and stuff. I were not saying we shuld controle evrything with our curent mind, I'm saying we shuld make the controling intelegence of things extensions of our own self rather than self aware independant agents. The total autonomy at the actual motoric end points would be almost as servant entities, but the space betwen would be much more gradual, with nothing *to* rebel... MAN I suck at describing this.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: October 06, 2010, 03:35:38 pm »

umm, yea, that was the entire point of that huge chain of computers and brains and stuff. I were not saying we shuld controle evrything with our curent mind, I'm saying we shuld make the controling intelegence of things extensions of our own self rather than self aware independant agents. The total autonomy at the actual motoric end points would be almost as servant entities, but the space betwen would be much more gradual, with nothing *to* rebel... MAN I suck at describing this.
It sounds like you want us to essentially be the equivalent of the zerg overmind, with the computer in place of it's cerebrates. Possible... but not with out current skill level. For now advancing the cryswarm is by far the simplest route. Zion is clearly in no danger of his swarm rebelling(though he's terrible at thinking of good passwords...) so perfect control can't be that hard.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: October 06, 2010, 03:40:14 pm »

Zion's way of controlling it is by securing it so much that it takes longer for it to find a way around it than it takes to actually listen to him. the lack of password skill is due to the quantity he has to remember.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: October 06, 2010, 03:43:29 pm »

This talking is just descibing the direction I'm heading. I'm intending to actualy play throguth the transition one step at a time, not abstract it with skill levels.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: October 06, 2010, 03:52:22 pm »

This talking is just descibing the direction I'm heading. I'm intending to actualy play throguth the transition one step at a time, not abstract it with skill levels.
Explain all you want... without the skill WIZARD won't be able to follow your suggestions.

The thing can't rebel yet, so it's safe to make bigger for now. I also recommend studying the crysearm enough to create a tiny computer that can imitate a single piece of the swarm. Integrate a few of those into it and we could control the swarm with it's own mind, then link those computers to armok's idea once we are skilled enough to try it.

penguify

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: October 06, 2010, 04:05:34 pm »

After integrating one mind-controlled cryswarm unit into it, we'll integrate more and more both into our own mind and into the cryswarm. After a while, we could be completely integrated with it, and not even need a body to survive (not that we seem to anyway, but now it will make sense).
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 285