Poll

Blah.

blah?
- 0 (0%)
blah!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 285

Author Topic: YOU ARE WIZARD! - The Original!  (Read 212185 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: YOU ARE WIZARD! - Huh.
« Reply #585 on: September 24, 2010, 10:32:37 pm »

Lilli: Game time is vague in the interest of getting stuff done, and because not everyone can be on at the same time. Relax, we won't die from not eating.
Subject Beta ate and fell asleep, and it still has the mind of a squirrel, not a predator. its pretty much not threatening to us as long as it isn't enhanced with adamantium teeth.
Cryswarm is sentient, yes, but not indepedent-thought sentient. Its closer to a controllable swarm of army ants right now.

You look down at the sword and see the things flipping, sharpening, reorganizing, pretty much selfautorepairing. Useful.
You find a similar tree, and swing it a second time. almost identical depth, this dent. you look down immediatly after pulling it out and they're already at work. Crazy Effiecient.

'Axe'; You feel it shift, and now you have to hold it two-handed, the end is too heavy and dense to do otherwise. You find a third tree, and your meager strenght combined with the superdense, somewhat heavy Cryswarm axe nearly chops the tree in half!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: YOU ARE WIZARD! - Huh.
« Reply #586 on: September 24, 2010, 10:37:16 pm »

Akylon since time is nonexistent, and since we make very little progress why don't you hint us at what you want to do like you did with the Cryswarm at key points?

I say we try training subject Beta then, if he doesn't have the mind of a predator now, he will when we're done! After that if he isn't auto-domesticated shall we tame him into a vicious, but very cuddly pet? This is all after experimenting more with the axe, something like "light axe" as a command for the swarm.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 10:38:50 pm by Lillipad »
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: YOU ARE WIZARD! - Whoa!
« Reply #587 on: September 24, 2010, 10:50:35 pm »

Well, I don't really have much to add until ya'll are done messing with the Cryswarm and boost the tech magics to computer level, and being somewhat vague lets people make up their own ideas to add to the plot line. If I made a true plot instead of the vague thing I have now, there would be a lot of railroading type-things to get stuff moving, and people would probably leave from being pushed along and sometimes listened to, instead of pretty much freeform. They aren't here because they have to be.

You guys seem fine with playing around in town (except you, Lilli) and with the dwarves, and messing around with Cryswarm, and I'm fine with that. More for me to elaborate on and play around with magics, less I have to make from scratch because we blew up the last town and write about getting to know people, describing the outline of the town, etc.

If I get bored of it, I finagle around until I can fit in a reason for a sudden power boost, and suddenly we can do more than before, I nudge them asking for bigger things, people get new ideas, and its funner again. The early intro of Frost Nova I threw in several pages back is an example of that.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: September 24, 2010, 10:53:54 pm »

I'm the only one suggesting we increase relations with the dwarves and peasantry, I'm not sure where you're looking.
But yeah, I can see your point, I doubt the Cryswarm has gone the way you wanted it to either, but you have to admit we've twisted what you wanted to do into something(probably) just as good, right?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: September 24, 2010, 10:56:00 pm »

I was looking at where most ya'll agreed about the dwarf stuff (or not), and selling the book.

But yeah, I kinda expected it to be a lot bigger by now.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: September 24, 2010, 10:58:41 pm »

Interesting development with the axe... Anyways, try the "Ring" thing. If you need to, make it two rings.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: September 24, 2010, 11:05:06 pm »

Interesting development with the axe... Anyways, try the "Ring" thing. If you need to, make it two rings.

We could try seeing if "ring axe" would make a weapon straight out of a JRPG now that you mention "two rings."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: September 24, 2010, 11:07:28 pm »

'Ring'; Its a ring. its very pretty and shiny, but it doesn't do anything as impressive as the axe, so you're kinda unimpressed.

Ring axe? never heard of it. I've heard of Ring Mail, though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: September 24, 2010, 11:08:19 pm »

Try "light axe" and "long sword"

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: September 24, 2010, 11:09:17 pm »

and boost the tech magics to computer level
Which is why:
build some hauler bots to trade to the dorfs. Buy any metal we need for them.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: September 24, 2010, 11:14:28 pm »

This is good.

The taming of the squirrel also has potential.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: September 24, 2010, 11:16:20 pm »

This is good.

The taming of the squirrel also has potential.

We should first get the Cryswarm to respond to two word commands, so let's try that before we move onto my squirrel plans, the hauler bots can start now if we need them to.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: September 24, 2010, 11:25:13 pm »

huh. totally missed that. well, that'll do, though they're really more like powered minecarts right now.

You go and make the dwarves some powered minecart bots, since that seems like something pretty useful to them. You use up all your normal metal making 10 of them, and trade them for the spoils from several Elf Druids adventurous dwarves have gone out, slain, and dragged back here for reasons only known to Dwarvenkind.

+5 stabilizers, +5 cryo/pyroagents, Dual Rank up in Mecha/Techno (Rank 7)

« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 11:36:22 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: September 24, 2010, 11:30:55 pm »

Since you seemed open to one time lessons for any skill you have learned that's is below level 10, go ask the magic shop owner for mecha/techno lessons, if that fails, or if your great mind decides to veto the action ask the dwarven engineers that constructed Bobputer to teach you some of what they know(they count as teachers, and you owe +1 favors to the dwarven kingdom, to keep the balance)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: September 24, 2010, 11:35:41 pm »

Eh, I could, and write more in the dwarves Dwarven/Scottish/Pirate accent I gave them. Or I could just boost the last post up a bit and be at Rank 7 now. What? We're already good enough, we don't need to return the favor yet.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 285