Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 45

Author Topic: Magicka 2: Learn to spell.....AGAIN. Research before you buy.  (Read 88416 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Magicka - I don my Wizzard's hat and robe
« Reply #525 on: February 19, 2011, 11:09:19 am »

I love elementals.  When the Entire Dwarven Army was coming I tossed one into the hallway, gave it lightning, and then went into the dead princess room to plan my next move.

After fighting off the two or three dwarves who reached me, I went out to see what was going on and the entire hallway was coated in blood.  Between the lightning elemental and the charged-rock spam from the priests, the army had been slaughtered and my elemental was dueling a priest, neither of them capable of hurting each other.

The priests were actually a liability that fight, they healed the elemental and killed their own guys with those rocks.
Shoes...

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: February 19, 2011, 12:16:35 pm »

I just got the game and I've been grooving on the one player mode. It's fun, but I'd like to try it on multiplayer, if anyone here wouldn't mind a newbie accidentally blowing you up from time to time.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: February 19, 2011, 01:54:41 pm »

I'd be willing to play some games online but I don't use Hamachi.  Sure enough, the day after I installed it my internet started getting wonky after months of doing fine.  I uninstalled it again and I don't plan on reinstalling it.
Shoes...

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: February 19, 2011, 03:06:23 pm »

<deleted>
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 09:11:46 pm by MC Dirty »

Falknor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: February 19, 2011, 03:21:34 pm »

I'm also game for some Magicka

*Grabs a clean robe*
I'll use Dwarven Logic. AKA Encrusting the problem with gems, beating an elf to death with it, and then throwing it into the volcano.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: February 19, 2011, 03:43:50 pm »

I'm able to host online (just finished a couple of games), though the second game had some lag issues. The first one seemed fine, so I dunno if the problem's on my end or not. If you're interested in helping me find out, let me know! (Steam name Thexor.)

(Sidenote: Forwarding ports would be a lot easier if a) Portforward.com actually had a working walkthrough for my router, and b) if my router's config wasn't designed by a negative-IQ squirrel.  >:( )

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: February 19, 2011, 04:32:57 pm »

Gonna see how this goes. I'm going to try and host a game now. The name is DF game, the password is Armok

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: February 19, 2011, 04:39:37 pm »

Gonna see how this goes. I'm going to try and host a game now. The name is DF game, the password is Armok

I can't see it on the list. What's your steam name? ("fortis" is a Slovakian player who hasn't been on in 103 days.  ;) )

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: February 19, 2011, 04:41:17 pm »

I go by FortisDelta on steam

EDIT: I'm not sure, that might be my useraccount name. If it doesn't work, try Douglas135
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 04:43:17 pm by Fortis »

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: February 19, 2011, 05:50:27 pm »

Heh, that was fun! (...right up until I crashed.  ::) )

Falknor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: February 19, 2011, 05:53:15 pm »

Yep, fun game session. Typical Magicka ending too  ::)
I'll use Dwarven Logic. AKA Encrusting the problem with gems, beating an elf to death with it, and then throwing it into the volcano.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: February 20, 2011, 04:24:46 am »

I was wondering whether QFQFQFAS or QFQFAAS is the most powerful beam and it turns out it's the latter. In fact, I tried all Steam-Lightning-Beams because some people even claimed it would be QFQFASS. It isn't, that's for sure.
What I did not try are Steam-Lightning-Fire-Beams, but there are 4 more of them (QFQFASF, QFAASF, QFASSF, QFASFF) and I'm pretty sure that they are rather weak. QFQFASF doesn't have the needed lightning to make use of all the steam and QFAASF doesn't have enough steam to make use of all the lightning. In the worst case, the lightning damage even gets reduced because fire might dry the enemies that you get soaked with steam.

Also, by the way, QFFE on area cast is a pretty handy spell since it dries you, unfreezes you and puts out fire. Of course, QFF on self has the same effect, but that doesn't help anyone else. Now I'm wondering if adding an extra life elemental in the mix is gonna make grenades that also have all these effects and heal. QFFEWW as a beam is pretty useful if you want to help your friends, that's for sure.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 09:10:34 pm by MC Dirty »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: February 20, 2011, 12:25:34 pm »

I was wondering whether QFQFQFAS or QFQFAAS is the most powerful beam and it turns out it's the latter.

In my experience QFQFQFAS has a higher DPS.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: February 20, 2011, 01:15:53 pm »

Anybody want to do the arena challenge or even some PvP maybe?
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 45